ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

yamikaiba20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind a change in order of gym leaders as long as that doesn't make the game significantly easier. I am completely fine with changing the order to increase the difficulty, and it'd be interesting to guess who the next gym leader is going to be.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea of changing Gym Leader order, it makes the game even more of its own thing and not just a modified HGSS.

HectorABonilla

Trophies
XP
I am pretty sure I found where the Full heal problem is but i got 463 instead of 999 like other people have said
Yeah, that's correct I believe.
During the event where you have to stop Team Rocket from taking over the Goldenrod Tower, if you turn on the GBA sounds, the GBA music and the original music will overlap each other. And if you open up menu to search for pokemon and etc, the music turns off and you can only hear the buttons. Just a bug I found.
Heard of this one before, and I have a feeling I might not actually be able to fix this one. I think this is more a problem on Nintendo's end as you aren't ordinarily meant to get the GB Sounds as early as you do...

Drayano the game has a bug when I trade Pokemon with my cousin it reset the evens of the games but I can't redo then anymore for if I already fought with team rocket In the safari zone the just stay there I can't talk to them or move over them, can u fix that problem pls thank u
I'm hoping that's unrelated to trading, but I have heard of this occurring. It'll be difficult to fix this without having people start a new game, though.
I played around with Weedle's Personality Value, but the formula for Silcoon vs Cascoon (floor(((pv & 0xFFFF) % 10)/5)) doesn't work - it always goes to Silcoon.
Wurmple can't evolve into Cascoon anymore? Sigh, PPRE must have screwed it up. I'll fix it.

So, I started playing this HGSS hack a while ago, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far; however, I have encountered an issue with evolving Murkrow (not sure if this is happening for everyone, but it's consistent for me). It seems that I cannot use a dusk stone on Murkrow to cause it to evolve; however, all of the other pokemon that evolve via evolutionary stone work fine, including Misdreavus (uses a dusk stone also). All of the new evolutionary tactics (using items normally held by traded pokemon, for example) are also working fine, the problem seems to be isolated to Murkrow alone. If anyone else has had this problem or knows how to fix it please let me know (I do not want to wait until I can catch Honchcrow in the wild using meridian sound later in the game). Sorry for the long post, but I try to include as much detail as to the problem that I can in an attempt to make it easier to fix.
First I've heard of Murkrow not evolving, I'll look into it. edit: I just tried and it's working fine on my end...

Bird Keeper Hank on Route 4 in Kanto has a level 18 Pigeotto. I think it was supposed to be a lot higher leveled. His Pigeot is fine though.
That was intentional.

3 bugs i found 1 is old 2 are new.

ran into the full heal glitch in the golden rod basement where the rockets were.

also when i tried to play the GB sounds in the golden rod when it's taking over it plays both music at the same time.

also after getting the key card when i play the GB sounds and press x to get to the menu the music stops...
As I said above, idk if I can fix these gb sounds bugs.

i defeated E4 and go to Vermilion city, after going to pokemon fc i saw steven standing out side but i can't talk to him >"< ,
but the worst is i can't find the gym's leader and can't go to the next city....
somebody help me, plz >"<
You're using an old version. However, don't worry about it, it won't cause any real problems. Head to Pewter if you didn't figure that out already.
since its about 1 1/2 months since the last update, will there be a new fix for the left over bugs soon?
personally, i want to play this but didnt want to start as long as it still has gamecrashing bugs, but if this is as good as it gets, theres not much reason to keep waiting
There should be a new update, I'm a bit more into the groove now...

I have a very important question to ask you guys: what would your opinion be on me mixing up the gym order a bit? I'd have to edit a fair bit of text but it might be interesting if you face the types in a different order, say if the first gym was Psychic instead of Flying and whatnot. I'd be shifting the actual gyms around and their leaders with them, so for example, you'd fight Sabrina as the first leader.

I could potentially interchange some of the Elite Four and Gym Leaders, although we'd have a couple double gym types on our hands if that were to happen... although a Water, Grass, Fire, insertanothertypehere Elite Four could be kind of cool.

But, there's also the fact I tend to kind of rely on my hacks being 'unique' by keeping things the same, so it's kind of hard to decide. :x

Anyway, I wanted your (plural) opinion since it would have a heavy impact on the gameplay. Should I keep it as the original game or change things a bit? I'm kind of leaning towards the former latter, but...

I've actually already decided on a new order of Gym Leaders and a totally new set of Elite Four members (made up of current Gym Leaders) so that might be fun if I put it in

Ruri_huynh

Trophies
XP
Country
when i went to the power plant, the scientist said that he wanted to trade my quagsire for his porygon2, but when i brought my quagsire for him, he said the not a quagsire, even i put my quagsire in the 1st box of the team

goodboyz93

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey dray i want to ask about you change place the legendary pokemon ...

i search mt silver to find moltres but there is a rock in there so I cant go in ..
and about jirachi and regi brother where i can find them .. :( :(

theoblivinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think changing the order would be cool. But I would prefer and updated version with more bug fixes before that was released. Like fix as many of the bugs that are causing problems now, then go and make a new version with the changed gym leader order.

But like I said thats my preference, You can do whatever you want since it's your hack.

yamikaiba20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Dray does decide to change the gym order, I think Sabrina shouldn't be the very first gym leader as she wouldn't be much of a challenge without her fully evolved Psychic Pokemon. She's nowhere near as scary as she was in Gen I, but I still think she shouldn't be first.

Reactions: 1 person

Flintiex

Trophies
XP
Country
If Dray does decide to change the gym order, I think Sabrina shouldn't be the very first gym leader as she wouldn't be much of a challenge without her fully evolved Psychic Pokemon. She's nowhere near as scary as she was in Gen I, but I still think she shouldn't be first.

Agreed. Psychic pokemon simply wouldn't be strong enough at such a low level. Types like Fire, Rock, Electric, Water or Grass would be a good first gym imo..

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
when i went to the power plant, the scientist said that he wanted to trade my quagsire for his porygon2, but when i brought my quagsire for him, he said the not a quagsire, even i put my quagsire in the 1st box of the team
This bug was fixed in the last update; I assume you're using 1.04 or below.

Theres a glitch with mew it freezes when you first encounter him
Using an R4, I assume. I think I'm gonna have to change this event...

It turns out that getting the gym swaps to be appropriate in terms of the music that plays and whatnot is actually more time consuming than I was expecting, so I'll take your stance, oblivinator, and just do a straight update for bugfixes (and probably new rosters for the leaders in the order they are now). I'll put that gym reorder idea on the backburner for now.

Sabrina was a random example anyway, although it was something I was thinking of. Her team as a first leader would probably be something like Slowpoke, Smoochum and Kadabra or something, which could either be easy or could totally decimate you. I think Rock would be a good bet actually since it tends to be a terrible gym no matter what position it takes; having it first at least gets it out of the way.

I actually kind of like the idea of Fire/Water/Grass/Flying Elite Four members... might be something to try in the future.

Reactions: 1 person

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, should have guessed it was that one. Mariktus/Spiky-Eared Pichu is really good at what he does, haha. I could probably take a guess at how to replace the tiles, although if they're straight from BW then I'm surprised they look as good as they do... there might have been a bit of editing involved there.

There's another thing I've wanted to do which involves altering the camera angle and using the BW overworlds, but unfortunately I have no idea how to move the camera angle (it's known for DP and I think Plat but not HGSS and I couldn't find the data before) and the overworlds would probably take an age. Plus certain characters like the E4 members don't have any BW style overworlds...

tl;dr I might look into the tiles on a later release, but not for the next one.

I played around with Weedle's Personality Value, but the formula for Silcoon vs Cascoon (floor(((pv & 0xFFFF) % 10)/5)) doesn't work - it always goes to Silcoon.
I just did some tests with random Wurmple I was catching in the field and I was able to get both a Silcoon and a Cascoon. I'm not sure why yours wasn't computing correctly but it seems to work natively.

I had a Wurmple with PID 3324079466 that evolved into a Silcoon, and a Wurmple with PID 2076755993 that evolved into a Cascoon, after the same battle.
The first one results in a value of 0 and the second a value of 5, which matches with the data. That said, I'm not doing a divide by 5; just the PID mod 65536, then the resultant value mod 10.

Crush_NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My game is soo slow. It's my computer, but is there any way in which I can speed the game up? (I walk at about 50% normal speed.) My laptop is about 4 years old, so what i need is something to do with the emulator (I play on DeSmuME but can play on No$GBA)

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
My game is soo slow. It's my computer, but is there any way in which I can speed the game up? (I walk at about 50% normal speed.) My laptop is about 4 years old, so what i need is something to do with the emulator (I play on DeSmuME but can play on No$GBA)
If you're using desmume, and it's the one acting slow, switch over to no$gba and give it no$zoomer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: