ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

hunterhornwen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I applied the 1.05 patch to my game, and now my save file is frozen. Anyone else having that problem or know how to fix it? I was sure to apply it to the non-patched ROM, but when I hit f1 to load up my saved game, it works for .5 seconds :( I don't want to have to start over! (I'm using Desmume, btw)

EDIT:

Solved by reapplying the 1.04 patch, saving using the in-game save, then reapplying the new patch and loading up the in-game save instead of the f1 save.

Refleos

Trophies
XP
Country
On my second play through of this hack (No, I didn't manage to get all the pokemon first time and meet arceus) I've started beginning to notice the little bits and bobs put in.

Is the singer on route 30 a reference to
Carly Rae Jepsen? :)

Gold011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hey there guys, i'm having some problems at the 3rd gym, i can't defeat withney, i need some help, my current team is: croconaw, charmeleon, grovyle, espeon, luxio and bagon. i read that she was a b**** to beat, i didn't believed that until now D :

bwburke94

Gotta hack 'em all!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey there guys, i'm having some problems at the 3rd gym, i can't defeat withney, i need some help, my current team is: croconaw, charmeleon, grovyle, espeon, luxio and bagon. i read that she was a b**** to beat, i didn't believed that until now D :
Don't know if she's still glitched, but you have nothing that resists Normal. That might be the reason you're having problems.

Also... Dray, we kind of need a gym leader teams document for when 1.06 comes out.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought dray was going update in a week or two? hopefully when he does he can fix that cyclon ds flashcart issue.

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this is sure one of the better HG/SS out there if you need some ...challenge. too bad there are so many bugs around, well
that impression did I get. I don't know what pokemon you can get from the super rod , if there are any changes, but I would like
to see a lanturn in my party :P. I am not that far in the game so I can't see if this glitch even affects me, but it will probably do.

iRyahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try to move my .sav file from my Laptop to my Computer I get an error when trying to play from the savestate "Error loading savestate. It failed halfway through; Since there is no available savestate backup system, your current game session is wrecked."

It's weird because the .sav file works completely fine on my laptop, and it was actually originally from my computer in the beginning and it use to work then. I've made a lot of progress on my laptop and want to continue that progress on my computer (laptop lags like crazy about every 2minutes randomly which has gotten just way to annoying.) So if anybody can help me out to fixing this that'd be great xD

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try to move my .sav file from my Laptop to my Computer I get an error when trying to play from the savestate "Error loading savestate. It failed halfway through; Since there is no available savestate backup system, your current game session is wrecked."

It's weird because the .sav file works completely fine on my laptop, and it was actually originally from my computer in the beginning and it use to work then. I've made a lot of progress on my laptop and want to continue that progress on my computer (laptop lags like crazy about every 2minutes randomly which has gotten just way to annoying.) So if anybody can help me out to fixing this that'd be great xD
Your .sav file is not a save-state, it is what emulators consider a battery file (save file). You have to save in-game then close the emulator, then when you transfer the .sav, you have to let the game load normally, not press F1 or load savestate.

apples01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i need help.. My game freezes after 10-15 minutes... What am i doing wrong?? Thx
Could you be more specific? What are you running the game on? If you're on an emulator, what are you using?
Also, can you describe what your freezes are like? Are you using any cheat codes? If so, which ones?

licag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey i need help.. My game freezes after 10-15 minutes... What am i doing wrong?? Thx
Could you be more specific? What are you running the game on? If you're on an emulator, what are you using?
Also, can you describe what your freezes are like? Are you using any cheat codes? If so, which ones?

OK; sorry for being not specific, i'm from germany and its kinda difficult describing it in english but i'm gonna try.. I',m running it on no$gba 2.6a (storm silver) and while i'm playing the game freezes, i can't move or open the menu etc. i can't do nothing.. it's like every 10-20 minutes.. i'm not using any cheat codes. Thx for your help..

Twanny Bizzle-Th

Trophies
Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright. What's up, dude. It's been awhile, hm? This! This game! This hack. DA CHANGES! DUDE! LOL

When you first spoke about this hack, I never expected you to add stuff like this. I mean, I wasn't doubting your hacking skill...You taught me my stuff...It's just on a Pokemon 4th gen game...That's amazing.

The stuff you added, The Team Rocket Safari Zone takeover, the battling Giovanni. And all the other events you implemented. That some pretty pro-hacking skill. Certainly blows mine outta the building. Shit and I have no shame in saying that. ;)

But...I can't lie to you, tho, Dray...I haven't actually tried it yet, but ya know I'll get to it. How do I know this stuff? Well, it b-cuz I watch peoples on YT play'em...Oh, also I looked at summa ya screenies.

Anyways, do you know...Or anybody else for that matter, knows if this fully work on No$gba...Cuz ya know, that the only emulator I use and I've seen a couple of peoples talk about it freezing on that emulator. I'm sorry for asking, just curious.

Hm...I would try Desmume; who am I kidding, no I wouldn't...it runs like shit on my computer. LOL

Anyways, it's been real, man...Ya know, I woulda drop you something earlier, but I've been swamped in my own hacking...stuff...and...whatnot. And no, I'm not trying to advertise or anything. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Shame on you for thinking that. :P

EDIT: By the way, how come you haven't post this on pokecommunity? I went there yesterday and couldn't find it...Unless, I was looking in da wrong place...Tho, I doubt that. :P

Reactions: 1 person

frozenlemonade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, can anyone tell me if I can play this hack on a mac? I downloaded HeartGold and Desume 0.9.8, and I downloaded the patches, and I tried using MultiPatch, but I don't think the patches are in the correct format.. Just wondering if these patches only work on Windows? :(

RicardoEsteves

Trophies
XP
Hey, guys. I have a problem. My game was going perfectly fine until now. I've just finished the Poké League and I was given the SS Ticket but when I try to enter the actual boat, the game freezes. What can I do? Thanks!

neoxis44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I don't know if it's a problem with the computer or the emulator or what have you(New to all of this as of an hour ago), but I just got storm silver and when I play it, some scenes are super sped-up (poke battles, menu screens) but the main world is slowed down. Is this a problem with the ROM or is it just my computer? I'm running it on desmume

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro