ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Hoobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I don't know if it's a problem with the computer or the emulator or what have you(New to all of this as of an hour ago), but I just got storm silver and when I play it, some scenes are super sped-up (poke battles, menu screens) but the main world is slowed down. Is this a problem with the ROM or is it just my computer? I'm running it on desmume
Hi! You have increased the speed by pressing "=". You can decrease it until it is normal by pressing/holding "-" until it shows something like "FPS 1.000"(it may not show fps depending on the version of desmume). For whatever reason, changing the speed only works in the battles and menu screens. ;)

neoxis44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I don't know if it's a problem with the computer or the emulator or what have you(New to all of this as of an hour ago), but I just got storm silver and when I play it, some scenes are super sped-up (poke battles, menu screens) but the main world is slowed down. Is this a problem with the ROM or is it just my computer? I'm running it on desmume
Hi! You have increased the speed by pressing "=". You can decrease it until it is normal by pressing/holding "-" until it shows something like "FPS 1.000". ;)
I checked that, but it didn't change at all. It isn't all sped up, it varies between supersped up or really slow, but it's never at a regular speed

chenboy3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have to say, this game is AMAZING.

Just finished up catching all legendaries and beating Red, and Elite Four round 2, as well as all auxilary trainers (Buck, Riley, Cynthia, Steven, Lyra, Eusine)

Time to start the pokedex, which will take a while :O (only 92/492)
At least I have all the plates, which means I don't have to do any hunting.

Note for anyone still playing the game: The hardest battles of the game are no doubt Red as well as Lance round 1 and 2, but Giovanni is also very hard to take down, and Cynthia/Steven too. Viridian Forest was a pain to do, as I had to heal after every single battle (I don't grind, so I was around 10 levels under the trainers).

And Dray, you sneaky person, I definitely did not enjoyed the surprise left behind by Mewtwo :O (still haven't done that yet, too hard)

Definitely a game worth playing, even if you're not trying to aim for the goal of catching Arceus and just playing the ingame stuff, it gets challenging but is a very well scripted game.

Also, the game does freeze quite a bit at times, but not as much without the patch (original HG/SS froze at least 200 times for me on my playthrough to Red), this one froze only 30 times or so

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just finished up catching all legendaries and beating Red, and Elite Four round 2, as well as all auxilary trainers (Buck, Riley, Cynthia, Steven, Lyra, Eusine)

Note for anyone still playing the game: The hardest battles of the game are no doubt Red as well as Lance round 1 and 2, but Giovanni is also very hard to take down, and Cynthia/Steven too. Viridian Forest was a pain to do, as I had to heal after every single battle (I don't grind, so I was around 10 levels under the trainers).

And Dray, you sneaky person, I definitely did not enjoyed the surprise left behind by Mewtwo :O (still haven't done that yet, too hard)

Definitely a game worth playing, even if you're not trying to aim for the goal of catching Arceus and just playing the ingame stuff, it gets challenging but is a very well scripted game.

Also, the game does freeze quite a bit at times, but not as much without the patch (original HG/SS froze at least 200 times for me on my playthrough to Red), this one froze only 30 times or so
I have been notified.

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a quick question:
- does this still have all the online features of HG/SS
- is this meant to be patched to HG/SS or BW US ver.
- do the pokewalkers work with this hack as well

holoflame

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
just a quick question:

- Yes it does, yesterday I went to the Wi-Fi plaza with no problems.
- HGSS US version
- Not sure about this one, but probably not. Flashcards cannot detect the infra-red from the Pokéwalker (citation needed).

apples01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i need help.. My game freezes after 10-15 minutes... What am i doing wrong?? Thx
Could you be more specific? What are you running the game on? If you're on an emulator, what are you using?
Also, can you describe what your freezes are like? Are you using any cheat codes? If so, which ones?

OK; sorry for being not specific, i'm from germany and its kinda difficult describing it in english but i'm gonna try.. I',m running it on no$gba 2.6a (storm silver) and while i'm playing the game freezes, i can't move or open the menu etc. i can't do nothing.. it's like every 10-20 minutes.. i'm not using any cheat codes. Thx for your help..
Hm. Well, it sounds like you may have either:
1. Patched the game on an already patched version of SoulSilver. You need to apply the patch on a clean, unaltered version of SoulSilver, I believe.
2. Or your emulator settings may not be ideal for playing SS. This is not very likely, since the default settings should work(?). I haven't used No$gba in a long time, so I can't remember quite well.

I would recommend that you try applying the patch on a clean version of SoulSilver and trying again. I don't recommend that you mess around with the settings (other than the controls) if you don't know what they are.
If anything, I'd recommend that you use Desmume 0.9.8 to play this, although Desmume may only run smoothly if your computer can handle it. Unless you're using some prehistoric computer with less memory than the modern SD card, you should be fine.

Also, this is on the front page: "IF YOU ARE USING NO$GBA, AFTER SAVING GO TO FILE AND CLICK SAVE BATTERY FILE. THIS ENSURES YOUR FILE WILL SAVE."
Then try it again.

Hey, guys. I have a problem. My game was going perfectly fine until now. I've just finished the Poké League and I was given the SS Ticket but when I try to enter the actual boat, the game freezes. What can I do? Thanks!
Perhaps try an in-game save? You can refer to this post here: http://gbatemp.net/t...80#entry4246680

Check if you're accidentally pressing the "Toggle Speed" button. From what you've described, it appears to be two things:
1. Your battles and menu screens are sped up because Desmume is running the game faster for some reason.
2. If your computer cannot handle this high-speed throttling, the game will appear to be running slower, and it will appear to be very choppy and sometimes (like in your case), slowed down.

What about the music? Compare the music between the menus and the main world. You may notice that the music in menus are extremely fast, while the music in the main world is faster, but not as fast.
What about when you first start the game? Does it look like Lugia (on the title screen) is moving very fast [Look at the water and the bubbles that flow by him. Are they moving really fast?]?

Anyway, on Desmume, go to Config -> Hotkey Config. Find "Fast Forward Toggle," and see if a key is set on it. If a key is set on it, you may have had accidentally pressed it or something. So unless you want to use that option of toggling the speed, you can just disable it [click on the option and press the escape key].
If not, I'll see if I can find some different solutions.

I have to second this. I finally caught Arceus two days ago to unlock the final star on my trainer card [Yes, I actually went and did all of the Pokeathlon and Battle Frontier requirements] and I went around and battled all of the significant trainers
(the League, Red, Buck, Riley, Cynthia, Steven, Fighting Dojo's Virtual Challenge, etc.)
again. It was a blast, and I have to agree with Chen, the scripting is absolutely magnificent, was is the game itself. I've started the game over now and I'm working on beating it again, with a different starter and a different version.

Also, can someone try evolving their Mantyke into a Mantine? I tried to evolve mine, but it wouldn't evolve for some reason, and I was wondering if it's a bug or it's just me.
Mantykes evolve into Mantines when they level up with a Remoraid in the party. Although it's not a big deal since I just caught a Mantine elsewhere, it still bugs me. I'd really appreciate it.
Mantykes (and Mantines) can be found on Route 41 (among other places), by the way, around the Whirl Islands.

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a quick question:

- Yes it does, yesterday I went to the Wi-Fi plaza with no problems.
- HGSS US version
- Not sure about this one, but probably not. Flashcards cannot detect the infra-red from the Pokéwalker (citation needed).

Thanks, just thought it would be cool if I could use my pokewalker for something but it isn't really necessary for gameplay.

neoxis44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if you're accidentally pressing the "Toggle Speed" button. From what you've described, it appears to be two things:
1. Your battles and menu screens are sped up because Desmume is running the game faster for some reason.
2. If your computer cannot handle this high-speed throttling, the game will appear to be running slower, and it will appear to be very choppy and sometimes (like in your case), slowed down.

What about the music? Compare the music between the menus and the main world. You may notice that the music in menus are extremely fast, while the music in the main world is faster, but not as fast.
What about when you first start the game? Does it look like Lugia (on the title screen) is moving very fast [Look at the water and the bubbles that flow by him. Are they moving really fast?]?

Anyway, on Desmume, go to Config -> Hotkey Config. Find "Fast Forward Toggle," and see if a key is set on it. If a key is set on it, you may have had accidentally pressed it or something. So unless you want to use that option of toggling the speed, you can just disable it [click on the option and press the escape key].

I found out why everything was sped up, I accidentally unchecked Limit Framerate. But Its still really slow when walking around and saving. I've checked all the config stuff, but nothing seems to be working. Might it just be my computer?

apples01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I found out why everything was sped up, I accidentally unchecked Limit Framerate. But Its still really slow when walking around and saving. I've checked all the config stuff, but nothing seems to be working. Might it just be my computer?

Hm. Try to match these config settings:

Config->Frame Skip
Config->Display Method
Config->3D Settings
Config->Emulation Settings

See if that helps.

riceball7852

A person with a life.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing this hack for some time right now.
I have to say that I'm really impress with this hack.
The new storyline pulled me into this game, making the HS/SS game going fresh.

BTW there's a bug that is occurring in the Route 47 (route between Cianwood City and the Safari Zone).
Sorry if I'm not being able to post any videos or pictures so I'll say it in words.
The bug is that when I'm on the cliff (or any 'brown' grounds), at the Cliff's Edge, the PokeGear becomes unavailable.
So when you select the PokeGear on the menu screen, the game freezes.

Furthermore, I playing this hack on Wood R4 (v. 1.46).
Overall, one of the best Pokemon Hacks ever! :D

Nero2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to start playing this now. One Question, Is it fully playable? I mean can I play through all 16 gyms and Elite 4? 110%

RicardoEsteves

Trophies
XP
Hey, it appears that the problem of my game crashing when I entered the SS Ferry was because I had Action Replay cheats on. When I disabled them, it worked just fine. Although, I'm pretty pissed off right now. I played the entire game without crashing a single time and I had finally beat Red on the top of Mt. Silver when. The game, obviously, and as you know, saved automatically. Though, few minutes later, it crashed out of nowhere, during a battle, and when I restarted the ROM I started all over from a previously saved data I had when I still had only like 11 badges. I don't want to have to go through everything all over again, so is there any solution that helps me get my save game back? Thanks.

Nero2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed it, For those using a CycloDS:

1. Unpack your patched ROM.
2. Unpack a clean ROM.
3. Replace the patched arm9.bin with the fresh one
4. Repack your ROM.

This will fix the freeze at the start. Not sure what else the arm9 affects in the game but at least its playable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work