ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

welkevintje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In National Park, the first trainer when you go straight through the grass has a Granbull, level 23. After you defeat her she says something and then: ''Just kidding, you're the cutest Snubull''. Is that supposed to be so?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's just a continuity error. Trainer text is a bit more of a hassle to edit since I have to use thenewpoketext so there's probably a couple things like that around.

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get the event with Cynthia to release the regis. Have the Lock Capsule, talking to her she first asks if I want to go to the ruins, saying no she then asks for a battle, and that's all. Is something supposed to be said? I'll go check the caves anyway...

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhm.... my save files have disappeared? :/ I saved it over and over again last night on the v1.04 and i was definatly using the 0.9.8 desmume and its all gone! wtf :/

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. For fucks sake. This stupid level up glitch at the start of the game has started happening to me again..

welkevintje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
17 attempts? I beat her the first try thanks to Umbreon and Combusken. Haven't had any issues so far, but I'm playing conservatively (not giving phone number to any trainers, etc.).
Yeh, without me wanting to ALL of my pokemon, ALL of them.. Even all the Fossils and Starters are males.. Had a hard time.. After 16 attempts I looked in my TM-bag and found Taunt =D Bye bye Attract, bye bye Disable.. Didn't have anything fighting-related too D=

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get the event with Cynthia to release the regis. Have the Lock Capsule, talking to her she first asks if I want to go to the ruins, saying no she then asks for a battle, and that's all. Is something supposed to be said? I'll go check the caves anyway...
...Looks like I screwed up the order of the script slightly, so you're unable to get the Regis if you already have the Red Chain. Whoops. Could you send me your save file just so I can make sure I get that fixed accurately?

When I go to the Safari Zone and try to battle Team Rocket with Riley, nothing happens. How do I fix this?
Odd... are you standing in the spot next to him? There's no reason that shouldn't work, as far as I'm aware... I wonder if I put a disabler somewhere by accident.
Well, actually.., when you say Rockets, do you mean Archer and a female grunt or two male grunts?

The Lyra thing isn't a bug; her trainer class naturally gives no money and I don't know how to change it.

KingPapaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go to the Safari Zone and try to battle Team Rocket with Riley, nothing happens. How do I fix this?
Odd... are you standing in the spot next to him? There's no reason that shouldn't work, as far as I'm aware... I wonder if I put a disabler somewhere by accident.
Well, actually.., when you say Rockets, do you mean Archer and a female grunt or two male grunts?
The battle between the two Team Rockets in front of the Safari Zone entrance won't start. My brother was able to battle the two Team Rockets with Riley, but I don't know why I can't.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a bit confused as to what this level up glitch even is. Sorry to be a bother, but can you restate the problem once more?

You didn't answer what I asked. D: Also, have you checked out the Pokemon Center in the Safari Zone?

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
bckpy.jpg

I keep running into these fishing in Cherrygrove with the super rod. I don't know if it's Desmume bugging out or the rom itself. I've restarted a bunch of times, still randomly fish that. Everything else is completely normal in the game, no texture corruption anywhere, and fishing in the same spot over and over still finds the other Pokemon listed there with no issues. Lumineon, Kingler and Crawdaunt are supposed to be here, I've found plenty of Lumineons and Crawdnauts, but not a single Kingler, they might be the bugging out level 0...

Getting the same problem with the good rod, not sure which Pokemon it applies to. I'm just gonna leave Cherrygrove fishing alone for now.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^ Actually, I had this same problem myself when I was fishing in Cianwood and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. As far as PPRE is showing the encounter data is fine, so it's really very weird...

I might have to delve into the hex a little, I haven't got a clue what's going on there o-o But yeah, it does seem like the 30% one is the bugged one (I couldn't come across any Clamperl in Cianwood...)

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a bit confused as to what this level up glitch even is. Sorry to be a bother, but can you restate the problem once more?

You didn't answer what I asked. D: Also, have you checked out the Pokemon Center in the Safari Zone?
Ok, and your not being a bother your actually replying which i find INCREDIBLY helpful :)

I was an idiot last night and i forgot to hit ok after closing desmume which creates the save states so i had to start a new game, i was using the 10x exp AR code before hand and nothing was a problem (i got sick of falkner) but then when i get my poke and i battle some pokemon and it levels up, the game just freezes. Also i got KOed before i leveled up and it also froze? it seems to be the second fight that the glitch has happened on :/ its really annoying me as i cant even get to cherrygrove? :/ im not sure if its a fault of mine or the ROMs or DeSMumes but no one else seems to have this problem? :/

EDIT: This was on SG im trying SS now
EDIT2: Doesnt happen me on SS but im not using the exp code... could have something to do with it? :/ :/

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
^ Actually, I had this same problem myself when I was fishing in Cianwood and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. As far as PPRE is showing the encounter data is fine, so it's really very weird...

I might have to delve into the hex a little, I haven't got a clue what's going on there o-o But yeah, it does seem like the 30% one is the bugged one (I couldn't come across any Clamperl in Cianwood...)

I think you're right. I'm finding the problem with pretty much every fishing spot, and haven't actually found a 30% Pokemon in any of them. Weird.

KingPapaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/pokemonsacredgold321437.png/

This is where the bug happens when I go to the Team Rocket members (I'm not sure who they are though) or Riley. Nothing happens, I can only talk to them. Going to the Pokemon Center wasn't able to help me.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dray you should just release the patch and AP separately. Like everyone else does, but put them all in the same folder and tell people to use the AP patch first and then patch SG/SS. Maybe that will stop the problems people are having. maybe the 2 patches being patched on a ROM at the same time is what's causing the emu freezes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?