MagusDraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wolfsclaw said:
MagusDraco said:
Awesome. Quick question: What happens if you already caught the Regis the old fashioned (pre 1.4) way. The events'll still happen, right?

Yes.

QUOTESecond question: Are you gonna try to pull this off for all the legendaries (like mewtwo and stuff too) or just the ones that have sprites in Platinum?

I am no pixel artist. If anyone is talented enough to create 4th Gen sprites, I would be glad to use them.
A problem, however, is that i probably would have to overwrite another sprite in order to implement a new one. That could for example be a rarily used NPC or whatever, but there would still be a loss.
But theoretically this would be all possible.

Kay. So it's just being done for the 4th gen legendaries you need an event to get. The others are probably still gonna be in the wild.

Alright.

Posts merged

Hey, xvolution. I got a question about your guide (specifically the pokeradar stuff).

How/why is there pokeradar information for places where you can't use the pokeradar (ruin maniac's cave, old chateau, etc). Or am I wrong and you CAN use the radar there....and if you can, how? 'cause I get a message from Oak/rowan/whoever saying you can't.

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MagusDraco said:
Hey, xvolution. I got a question about your guide (specifically the pokeradar stuff).

How/why is there pokeradar information for places where you can't use the pokeradar (ruin maniac's cave, old chateau, etc). Or am I wrong and you CAN use the radar there....and if you can, how? 'cause I get a message from Oak/rowan/whoever saying you can't.

I just read the data like WPEDS showed it. The information for those pokemon are in the Pokeradar area, just like they are in the original Platinum's encounter data. The bigger question would be why did GameFreak include Pokeradar data for places you can't use the Pokeradar. Same thing about swarms.

MagusDraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xvolution said:
MagusDraco said:

I just read the data like WPEDS showed it. The information for those pokemon are in the Pokeradar area, just like they are in the original Platinum's encounter data. The bigger question would be why did GameFreak include Pokeradar data for places you can't use the Pokeradar. Same thing about swarms.

Oh. Well that's weird of Game Freak. Whatever. I can always get the older hippo and breed for the young one (I got all 26 unowns way way before ever reaching the ruin maniac cave 'cause I was going for Mew)

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bleachigo159 said:
Hey anyone of you there can you post a cheat database for this game pokemon platinum enhance edition because the cheat database doesn't work.......

Thanks in advance!!!

If you're using cheats, make sure to use the untrimmed version of the game. It won't work with the trimmed version.

MagusDraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bleachigo159 said:
xvolution said:
If you're using cheats, make sure to use the untrimmed version of the game. It won't work with the trimmed version.
man i used the untrimmed version man......

Weird. All I can say is that AR codes worked with No$GBA and this game's un-trimmed rom (specifically the "oh hey, mystery gift guy is here, what does he have? A flute, a card, and uh...a letter? Dude...get better gifts!" version of the guy.)

I don't remember if I was on 1.2 or 1.3.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I have provided that database and I use it on my n5 with an untrimmed 1.3 rom. Something is wrong with putting the cheats on for you. I can assure you that they work perfectly for me and wolfsclaw

mdiesel

Trophies
XP
Country
bleachigo159 said:
Hey anyone of you there can you post a cheat database for this game pokemon platinum enhance edition because the cheat database doesn't work.......

Thanks in advance!!!

dude, I don't know much... but from some "research" i've done (reading a couple of posts ON THIS PAGE), i have reached the conclusion that its supposed to be hard.

If you do want to cheat there are numerous posts from my brother, who has compiled a large amount of cheats.

MDiesel

MiKeMiTchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ask the Oracle.
google.com
then download the cheat code editor (if you're using USRCHEAT.dat)

Yes, some cheat codes will work with the trimmed version.
tongue.gif

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
MiKeMiTchi said:
QUOTE said:
Edit: Is it just me, or does the untrimmed 1.3 patch... well, not work? It stays at 0KB for minutes. It never took this long.
Try the patch again. It works perfectly for me.

It's almost the same. Yours was very good and detailed.
I have a quicker way in that method you gave.
tongue.gif

(EDITED)
In this method, you must have dsbuff. Google it. This is also for DSTT users.

1.) Have the 1.3 patched ROM and the clean ROM
(Use the untrimmed ones)

2.) Open dsbuff

3.) Unpack the 1.3 patched rom

4.) Wait for a window that will appear, and copy the "data" and "overlay" folders.
Then, paste them in your desktop. (for easier access)

5.) Now back to dsbuff, unpack the clean ROM
(You may want to close dsbuff first, then re-open)

6.) then wait again for the window that will appear. Now cut the "data" and "overlay" folders
from your desktop and paste it in the pop-up window (the window that appeared).

7.) then pack the rom using dsbuff.
tongue.gif

The fully patched rom's size should be atleast 99 mb.

And oh Sir Wolfsclaw,
is there a program where I can change a pokemon's sprite? Thanks.

I did follow this one and it works. But the cheat wouldn't. Any help?

XxEternityxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember to change the game's id to the one for the edited version. You can do it by downloading a cheatcode editor such as r4cce(hope that helps).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag