ROM Hack Pokemon Platinum: Enhanced Edition

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hey Wolfsclaw, just wanted to say great work, I'm loving this hack. But I have one suggestion though...

I think it would be cool if you added little custom EV training areas. For example, pick a random route, and in a certain patch of grass there will ONLY b Pokemon that give you HP EVs. In a different route, there will be a section with Pokemon who only give Attack EVs. So on, so forth. This would make EV training a lot less tedious, since now that you changed the places where Pokemon appear, it's harder to EV train. I'm sure a lot of other people would appreciate this feature (people who play competitively or who EV train for fun), and it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

nicklesminer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with a lot of the other posters that this is an awesome hack for platinum. I do have a suggestion though.

One of the things I've noticed (though I'm not very far) is that its very hard to make a team that has about equal levels and not have to grind on wild pokemon for that. When I got to the town with all the flowers I had 2 lvl 16s and and a lvl 17 after defeating all of the trainers up to that point. I probably had to grind for an hour or so just to have a team strong enough to beat the team rocket boss. While this isn't necessarily a problem, I think it would be nice to either increase the level of wild pokemon (i.e. when your facing foes that are level 21 or so, maybe have the wild pokemon go up to level 15 instead of level 9 or 10) or ramp up the levels of the pokemon nearby trainers have. The jump in level from normal trainer to "boss" trainer is kind of big at least in the beginning. It probably will get better once I have the vs seeker though. However, either option sounds like it would be a lot of work, so it might be fine as it is.

Anyways, I want to thank you for all the hard work you've put into this. Pokemon hasn't been this fun in a long long time.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I can change anything on this game, for me it would be the Galactic Battle music. I didn't really like that music and the regular trainer music is almost sexy. If I can change it, I would make it the one from the gba version. That sounded a lot better. But it is still an amazing patch that makes me think on my feet.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^while boss music cannot be changed (not yet anyway) there is a standard trainer music modifier. I LOVE it. I use it all the time for the battle tower- mostly to turn music off though and keep the sound on though.

interesting hack- I'll give it a few days- but I'm gonna cut loose- I love the original as is and I'm not gonna switch over anytime soon

for those who hang at the battleground and the E4... can someone there tell me who the 6th poke is for each team and what got added and replaced for the E4?

Wolf. I admire your skill at...well, not so much hacking, but the little extra bits that you through in the game- its actually VERY comical because its not what you'd expect from a pokemon game.

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your readme, you have a link to a Jump Stars patch or something for the DSTT users.

Could you please give us instructions on what to do, 'cuz I'm a bit lost. :\ Don't we need a .dps patch or something? How do we apply those set of instructions for patching this?

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
Hey Wolfsclaw, just wanted to say great work, I'm loving this hack. But I have one suggestion though...

I think it would be cool if you added little custom EV training areas. For example, pick a random route, and in a certain patch of grass there will ONLY b Pokemon that give you HP EVs. In a different route, there will be a section with Pokemon who only give Attack EVs. So on, so forth. This would make EV training a lot less tedious, since now that you changed the places where Pokemon appear, it's harder to EV train. I'm sure a lot of other people would appreciate this feature (people who play competitively or who EV train for fun), and it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

i llike the idea

also in your next version if you could make ALL legendaries catchable without cheats......ide really appreciate it

Lovin this awsome hack, ur a geneous

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, DSTT users, I figured out how to do this. I'm pretty sure the version I'm playing right now isn't the normal Platinum and is Enhanced. This is what I did, since it's not really specific in the readme:

1. Go to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79126. Download where it says PATCHER HERE! and unzip that.

2. Next, patch the clean.nds file as it says in the Platinum Enhanced readme, and you'll get Platinum-Enhanced1.1.nds or something like that

3. Rename your Platinum Enhanced.nds file to translated.nds and rename the clean one to old.nds and put them in the Jump Stars Patcher directory.

4. Run the patch.bat file and wait it out (you'll see a bunch of weird files as it takes the files apart and puts em back together or something, just leave it alone until it says something like done).

5. Your end result is a ~99.75mb .nds file (if you used untrimmed like I did, it might be smaller if you used trimmed, not sure), which is the file you can play with. You will lose your original clean.nds ROM file and will have to redownload it if you didn't back it up (like me
frown.gif
)

Alright, just checked. I'm playing the real thing. Enjoy, DSTT users and everyone else.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

By real thing I mean the enhanced version. Gah XD

One last thing, I think this might work for anyone that gets a white screen when they load the game. Try it out, got nothing to lose.
tongue.gif

carnagebolt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, and once again thanks for taking the time to produce this wonderful game!
However, I have a small request. I have just started playing and want to plan my team in advance. Is it ok for you to reveal the locations for the all the Pokemon?
Thanks in advance!

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Alright, DSTT users
I have two questions first of all how can you tell if your a dstt user or not and next where should I download the rom from and can someone please give me the name of a site where they downlaoded the rom and it worked cause I'm going to try to download it again.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
gettogaara said:
QUOTE said:
Alright, DSTT users
I have two questions first of all how can you tell if your a dstt user or not and next where should I download the rom from and can someone please give me the name of a site where they downlaoded the rom and it worked cause I'm going to try to download it again.
1. DSTT is a DS flashcart. If you don't have it, then you're not a DSTT user...
2. Don't play dumb. You should know by now that it's against the rules to request ROMs or ROM sites. I've already alerted the mods.

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
War said:

Sorry, but I can't split a Route up like this. I can, however, use a whole (or, in some cases, about the half or a third of a) Route to place certain Pokemon there, i.e. only those that boost certain EVs. The weather here in Cologne is awesome right now & i'm doing my final school exams at the moment, so i don't have TOO much time right now, so this might take a while to finish.

nicklesminer said:
I agree with a lot of the other posters that this is an awesome hack for platinum. I do have a suggestion though.

One of the things I've noticed (though I'm not very far) is that its very hard to make a team that has about equal levels and not have to grind on wild pokemon for that. When I got to the town with all the flowers I had 2 lvl 16s and and a lvl 17 after defeating all of the trainers up to that point. I probably had to grind for an hour or so just to have a team strong enough to beat the team rocket boss. While this isn't necessarily a problem, I think it would be nice to either increase the level of wild pokemon (i.e. when your facing foes that are level 21 or so, maybe have the wild pokemon go up to level 15 instead of level 9 or 10) or ramp up the levels of the pokemon nearby trainers have. The jump in level from normal trainer to "boss" trainer is kind of big at least in the beginning. It probably will get better once I have the vs seeker though. However, either option sounds like it would be a lot of work, so it might be fine as it is.

Anyways, I want to thank you for all the hard work you've put into this. Pokemon hasn't been this fun in a long long time.

TBH, I expect most players to raise only one Pokémon, at least in the beginning. It is and was always more difficult to raise multiple Pokémon at once, so if you want to make it easier, focus on one pokemon, for example your starter
smile.gif
. Anyway, you can continue this way and i can guarantee that it does get a lot easier after the third gym or so. The next time i lost a battle was against the top four(five) champion, so you won't always have to waltz into grass for wild pokemon for hours, at least not between third gym and the top four.

shadowhunter93 said:
If I can change anything on this game, for me it would be the Galactic Battle music. I didn't really like that music and the regular trainer music is almost sexy. If I can change it, I would make it the one from the gba version. That sounded a lot better. But it is still an amazing patch that makes me think on my feet.

I cant import any music, so we can only use what's already inside. I can, however, replace the Galactic battle music with something else (or mute it). I might consider this later, but right now I think the galactic battle music isn't too bad.
On another note, I can now confirm that the music hack works splendid in Wi-Fi battles, no problems here.

QUOTE(anaxs @ May 25 2009, 03:17 AM) also in your next version if you could make ALL legendaries catchable without cheats......ide really appreciate it

Lovin this awsome hack, ur a geneous

Maybe you would want to read the feature list with a bit more attention... You can already catch all legendary Pokemon. I've just caught a Latias, after like 60 Timer Balls (what the hell?
tongue.gif
).

QUOTE(carnagebolt @ May 25 2009, 06:07 PM)
Hi, and once again thanks for taking the time to produce this wonderful game!
However, I have a small request. I have just started playing and want to plan my team in advance. Is it ok for you to reveal the locations for the all the Pokemon?
Thanks in advance!

It is ok for me that other people do this, but i won't bother doing this until i'm REALLY bored. Anyone who's up for the challenge can use the Wild Pokemon Encounter Editor tool to check which one's where.
By the way, what i WILL be doing is checking if exactly every Pokemon is in there as i said. It might be that one or two (or more) might have slipped under my radar, so i'll be going through a full list of pokemon and eventually adjust the wild encounters, but it shouldn't change too much, at least until i decide to go with War's suggestion.

Oh, and almost forgot to say this: Thanks for all the positive feedback, really appreciate it.
yaynds.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, that would be fine. Just sections where the Pokemon only boost one certain EV. Its fine even if you have to use a whole road. Or if you want to make them more discreet and out of the way, you can just use caves and stuff like that.

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
1. DSTT is a DS flashcart. If you don't have it, then you're not a DSTT user...
2. Don't play dumb. You should know by now that it's against the rules to request ROMs or ROM sites. I've already alerted the mods.
1.I'm not a DSTT user then but I still need help. I read the read me several times.
This one.
1) Download xdelta.exe from http://evanjones.ca/software/xdelta-win32.html
2) Choose which .patch file you want to apply (trimmed version disables the use of AR codes, but saves space)
3) Download xDelta GUI version from http://cfile211.uf.daum.net/attach/1255E31A49C5CDA5588C4A (If link is dead, PM me on GBATemp)
5) Put the clean ROM, the patch, xdelta.exe and the xdelta GUI all in one directory, run xdelta GUI.
6) Choose patch & clean ROM, click "Apply Patch".
7) Output ROM file should work. NOTE: Mine got, for some weird reason, displaced in the directory above. So if it doesn't appear
inside the same directory, try to look in nearby folders. Look for 1_patched.nds.
8) Play!
I get up to step 6 and stay there because when I click apply patch nothing happens.
2. I did'nt know you could'nt ask for patched roms.

Jaffah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn I'm running a mac and i tried using xdelta with crossover but it doesnt seem to work. Are there any other alternative ways to patching it? I wish GBAtemp would let someone upload or give me a link to the patched rom.
sad.gif

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gettogaara said:
7) Output ROM file should work. NOTE: Mine got, for some weird reason, displaced in the directory above. So if it doesn't appear
inside the same directory, try to look in nearby folders. Look for 1_patched.nds.
[...]
I get up to step 6 and stay there because when I click apply patch nothing happens.

I'll just leave this here.

tsuna

GBAtemp Official "No Good Tsuna"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITs either im dyslexic or retarded or dumb....
I cant get it to work..-___-
I checked all the MD5s and stuff but its a white screen...

1. I download the Zip with all the stuff...
2. then i rename the 1.1.untrimmed.patch to 1.1.patch
3.check my md5 on my rom. its good!
4. download xdelta
5. use the read+patch.bat
6.put everything in one folder and bam!
7. ANd i get my file nds same size as my original rom...
8. play BUT it loads as a white screen
Im using moonshel2 integrated with ysmenu
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw