Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition announced for DS

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That really isn't a good way to look at gamming..
Buying something only when it gets hacked, is totally not cool. D<
And I don't think buying a DSi was a good idea at this time, the DS is pretty much dead already, excluding a couple of games...
Also, you can get a 3DS for 90€ in several shops in Portugal just buy trading in two games.
I bought my DSi XL in March 2011, after 3DS was released some days ago.

So if you find good games, you won't play them unless they were released recently??
I wish I had time to play all great games available, old or new...

I believe its good not to hack your console until a while after you get it, so you can build up some LEGIT games.
I'm not going to discuss that.
And I never said I don't buy legit games...
The point is that you can play old games on the 3DS already.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
im sorry to say, but this game is terrible in my opinion
its too japanese :(
1. Racism :glare:
2. You haven't even played it.
3. Those pics are of the Japanese version of the game...

What kind of a world is it if we can only hate things of white caucasian decent? He doesn't like it because it's themed Japanese, it doesn't make him racist, he's not saying "Japanese people are inheritently less intelligent and weaker compared to white people, who obviously are superior", he doesn't proclaim superiority or inferiority of either race, he just doesn't like samurais, to which he has a right.

He doesn't necessarily have to play it to dislike it, much like a person allergic to nuts doesn't have to eat a Snickers to know it's bad for him/her - he/she's allergic to damn nuts.

I doubt that the European version will take place during the French revolution or the U.S version during the times of Civil War, so point is moot.

EDIT: The auto-merge system needs a serious revamp - unless the posts have literally 5 seconds of a delay between them it just won't freaking merge.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Waaaaaiiiittt a minute there.
If its in the past, how the fuck does Mewtwo exist then?
Time travel.
B-b-but Mewtwo cant time-travel!
That mother fucker can do whatever the fuck he wants, he's fucking MewTWO. Not MewONE, Mew MOTHERFUCKING TWO. Deal with it.

I aprove of this approach.
w054as.png

EDIT: FUCK YEAH 700TH POST

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

What kind of a world is it if we can only hate things of white caucasian decent? He doesn't like it because it's themed Japanese, it doesn't make him racist, he's not saying "Japanese people are inheritently less intelligent and weaker compared to white people, who obviously are superior", he doesn't proclaim superiority or inferiority of either race, he just doesn't like samurais, to which he has a right.

He doesn't necessarily have to play it to dislike it, much like a person allergic to nuts doesn't have to eat a Snickers to know it's bad for him/her - he/she's allergic to damn nuts.

I doubt that the European version will take place during the French revolution or the U.S version during the times of Civil War, so point is moot.

EDIT: The auto-merge system needs a serious revamp - unless the posts have literally 5 seconds of a delay between them it just won't freaking merge.
I said it was racism because his hate was solely directed on the fact that it had a Japanese theme. And I threw in the third point because the game was previewed in the Japanese language and he was hating on the game for being "too Japanese".

My second point has nothing to do with my other two points, since he already stated that the game was horrible in his opinion even though he hasn't had any experience with the gameplay. That is irrelevant to your "allergy to nuts" argument, it's not like playing the game will have adverse effects on his being. Not to mention that you would need prior knowledge of this allergy in order to avoid its effects.

EDIT: It's also worth mentioning that Junylim is from South Korea, and that Koreans actually tend to discriminate against the Japanese due to the history between their countries.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I said it was racism because his hate was solely directed on the fact that it had a Japanese theme. And I threw in the third point because the game was previewed in the Japanese language and he was hating on the game for being "too Japanese".

My second point has nothing to do with my other two points, since he already stated that the game was horrible in his opinion even though he hasn't had any experience with the gameplay. That is irrelevant to your "allergy to nuts" argument, it's not like playing the game will have adverse effects on his being. Not to mention that you would need prior knowledge of this allergy in order to avoid its effects.

EDIT: It's also worth mentioning that Junylim is from South Korea, and that Koreans actually tend to discriminate against the Japanese due to the history between their countries.
I don't think racism is the right word to use here...yeah. Not at all.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personal preference of ethnic themes does not equal racist.

In fact you're stereotyping him for being South Korean.
Yeah, I think I used the wrong word. And I threw that stereotype in there since it kinda applied to the situation. I'm not saying it's true for Junylim though.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Call me racist then 'cause I'm rather inclined to already hate a game when it features typical quriky kawaii anime boys and girls and a bunch of lame anime humor punctuated by lame anime faces in a lame anime setting which is typically Japan or basically Japan under a different name.

EDIT: As for the game.

My joke: There was actually a Samurai Warriors/Pokemon crossover before. It was basically a much less complicated version of Samurai Warriors from a top down view called "Pokemon Rumble".

As you all should know my interest in SRPGs is about the same interest I hold towards kawaii anime games, so you can expect me to not be giving a shit when it comes out.

Also, Nintendo, why must you hurt me like this? I keep seeing "NEW POKEMON GAME ANNOUNCEMENT" and it's always A) a spinoff and B) NOT A SPINOFFS THAT'S THE TCG. So yeah, fuck a duck and these goddamn spinoffs until a good TCG is announced. Then I'll forgive the next ten years of bad spinoffs.

Reactions: 1 person

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Call me racist then 'cause I'm rather inclined to already hate a game when it features typical quirky kawaii anime boys and girls and a bunch of lame anime humor punctuated by lame anime faces in a lame anime setting which is typically Japan or basically Japan under a different name.
That's different than what I meant. What you're thinking of is a hate for anime. Sure, anime is made in Japan, and usually reflects Japanese culture, but it's not necessarily Japanese-themed. Nobunaga's Ambition, however, is directly based on Japanese history. And that's what Junylim was aiming at.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1