Pokemon + Nobunaga [German Patch] v 1.0

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by wowfreak3000, Apr 25, 2012.

1. wowfreak3000
    OP

wowfreak3000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2012
    Gambia, The
  2. Fyrus

Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

Jul 6, 2010
    France
    Marseille - France

From the rules.

3. wowfreak3000
    OP

wowfreak3000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Ok, i will edit my post!

4. pleonex

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    If you are using patched files from the Pokestation translation you should give credits. And what tool are you using to encode / decode the MSG.DAT file?

5. wowfreak3000
    OP

wowfreak3000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2012
    Gambia, The
    pleonex, im working together with kyohack. Kyohack wanna add my german translation to your english translation. So i think i dont need to give credits.

6. StorMyu

StorMyu "I'm too old for this"

Jan 2, 2010
    France
    You sir, are what's wrong in society.

7. pleonex

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    As I have read in the forum (and what I think he want to tell you), Kyohack told you that as we won't release the tool to modify MSG.DAT until the patch is finished, you can send him the xml translated and he will send you the new MSG.DAT, that is, he will use the tool for you. You can't add more than one language to the game (if you want to say that)

If you mean that you are in the same team, you should write the name of the member of the team...
    Anyway, are you having problems with the encode tool for MSG.DAT?

1 person likes this.
  8. Frank Cadena

Frank Cadena GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    By the way, if you are translating directly from Japanese to German then you don't need to credit the English translators. However if you are translating to German based off of the English translation then you need to credit the English translators. Other than that I applaud your ambition to translate this game to German. Non-English speaking Europe get no love from Japan.

9. wowfreak3000
    OP

wowfreak3000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2012
    Gambia, The
    yes i will give credits. @[member='pleonex']: yes kyohack has problems with the encoder. Ive translated some english txts into german, but he cant encode my xmls to MSG.DAT

10. pleonex

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    Have you used characters like: á, ä,é, ê.... ? any char that isn't in ASCII or SJIS table? did it work in the other files? because as I know, the game doesn't allow this chars, you will need to do ASM stuff and edit the font.

11. riceball7852

riceball7852 A person with a life.

Dec 14, 2010
    United States
    Building...
    Wouldn't it be easier to wait for the release of the Official English ROM? I mean like, June 18th is close by.

12. Kyohack

Kyohack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    We are now all on the same team, and future German patches will be downloadable from the original PokeStation thread: http://pokestation.n...naga-s-Ambition

It may be easier, but some of us don't want to wait for official releases.

1 person likes this.
  13. little100

little100 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2012
    United States
    if you are translating directly from Japanese to German then you don't need to credit the English translators.[​IMG]

14. Frank Cadena

Frank Cadena GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    It's also a learning experience and it's good practice. For the translators and the hackers too I imagine.

1 person likes this.