ROM Hack Pokemon Neo X & Neo Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this supposed to be implemented into the latest release or are you still working on this? Just asking, since the file 2/1/2 which contains all the move data is completely unchanged and was not included in the last releases.

Also I noticed when looking through the evolutions, that Clamperl's evolution might be bugged. It only says:
Code:
Used Item [] into Huntail
Used Item [] into Gorebyss

In pk3ds, it also appears to be empty.

The 2/1/2 file was the one causing the crash I just never got round to redoing it as the changes are few and insignificant but thank you for reminding me I shall do that now for the next version :)

Also you're using an outdated version the evolution has been fixed and updated recent updates

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So does rxTools require 4.x firmware? Obviously that's the firmware that I have so it wasn't an issue for me but is there a way to decrypt the game on 5.x-9.2?

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So does rxTools require 4.x firmware? Obviously that's the firmware that I have so it wasn't an issue for me but is there a way to decrypt the game on 5.x-9.2?

rxTools will work on firmware right up to 9.2, the only thing I think it doesn't work for is the New 3DS

Reactions: Ericzander

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I could have sworn that I've used the most recent version. Whoops, my bad.

That's probably my fault updating tiny bugs and not changing the version name on the basis noone will be far enough in the game to come across the bug haha sorry

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So maybe it is just me but there seems to be a bug when it comes to the type of Farfetch'd when you trade for him with the in-game trader (he wanted a Bunnelby)

SKKnR5cl.jpg

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So maybe it is just me but there seems to be a bug when it comes to the type of Farfetch'd when you trade for him

SKKnR5cl.jpg

His type has been changed for the hack but it should be flying/ground not normal/ground :wtf: I mustn't have done it correctly I'll have a look

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to extract savegame from the rom? if so, is it possible to import it on another rom? Like Importing a Pokemon NeoY 1.08 savegame into a Pokemon NeoY 1.1 rom
If it's all possible, can someone post a link to a tutorial please?

Energygamer3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got it working last night! :) and having a blast
the difficulty is amazing I have had 2 pokemon graveyarded so far on my nuzlocke is there anyway to make the nuzlocke automatic?

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Noctosphere I'm pretty sure there's a way to dump your saves with gateway so that as long as the rom has the same name it'll use the save stored on the root of the sd but I'm not sure how it all works hopefully someone can help with that!

Energygamer3ds Great to hear it, how far are you? :) No haha don't think we're at the scripting level to make it automatic at the moment

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
Flintiex I managed to get the Pokemon Neo Y CIA working! Fully works with Pasta CFW, although I forgot to change the banner whilst I was patching but that shouldn't matter. I used https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-to-cia-by-katsu.384381/ to unpack, repack and convert to cia. It took a while to find the correct combination of settings for the repack for the cia to work, but the settings I used (if I remember correctly) were:

Code:
##################################################
#                  3ds to cia                    #
#                Batch by Katsu                  #

(1) Remove Region Lock    : no  *Manual detected*
(2) Use own RSF          : no
(3) Use auto RSF                : yes
(4) Use Original EXHEADER (CIA) : yes
(5) Firmware Spoof to 4.x      : no
(6) Rebuild 3DS + Orig.EXHEADER : no
(7) Extract ROMFS for changes  : yes
(8) Check auto RSF before start : no
(9) Keep decrypted folder      : no

(r) Reset all Values (q) Quit (s) Start

Game: Pokemon Y

#  Thanks to everyone who helped creating this  #

Make your choice and press s to start [1,2,3,4,5,S,R,Q,6,7,8,9]?

So far the game is quite enjoyable. My annoyance with the latest Pokemon games were the incredibly easy difficulty - so thank you for spending your time for making this!

Reactions: Flintiex

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
MaK11-12 that's great news! I'll add that as an extension to the guide so anyone can convert it to cia format! :lol:
The game gets arguably even tougher as you go along with a particular harsh spike from Ramos to Clemont

Reactions: MaK11-12

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loving the rom hack so far, really fun for a nuzlocke.
Although when I came across a spelling error when you go into the cafe for the first time.
COVeqkLh.jpg

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Loving the rom hack so far, really fun for a nuzlocke.
Although when I came across a spelling error when you go into the cafe for the first time.
COVeqkLh.jpg

HAHAHA!!! ONION!!! HAHAHA!!!

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for pointing it Melon__Bread be sure to point out all of those to me btw (don't know why the AND is capitalized either that shall be edited too lol)

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for pointing it Melon__Bread be sure to point out all of those to me btw (don't know why the AND is capitalized either that shall be edited too lol)

Okay if I come across any other errors like that I will do my best to let you know where they are at. As for 'AND' being caps like that I thought it was done on purpose due to most of your rivals 'AND's are caps like that in that conversation

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay if I come across any other errors like that I will do my best to let you know where they are at. As for 'AND' being caps like that I thought it was done on purpose due to most of your rivals 'AND's are caps like that in that conversation

Ahh I see. It's been a while since I edited that area so I'm not as familiar as I should be! Thanks you helping out

SMOKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to create a cia including this mod:

Use the original unmodified rom and create xorpads.
download this http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-to-cia-by-katsu.384381/

Select these extra options
-Use auto rsf
-Extract ROMFS for changes

-Check auto RSF before start

Then after romfs extracts, manually install the mods and the banner.
Rebuild the romfs.bin and replace the existing stock one.

Continue with the tool and it will rebuild into a working cia :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1