Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Kylecito said:
I meant, tools for searching the dialogs.
I used NDStool (with dslazy GUI) to extract the entire rom, and then the program "Advanced Search & Replace" to search for some japanese text on all the files at the same time. found a couple of matches and discarded until I found the correct one. That's all.

Now I just gotta know how to get the files back into the game. Doing it normally doesn't work. Also I guess there are some Hex values on those files that designate where one dialog ends and the other starts, because the lines are almost mixed up, so editing the text itself wouldn't be too helpful... I'm not savy enough to hack the rom files or decypher the function of each variable/byte on those files.

I hope Grovyle decides to come back sometime.
to get the files back use NitroExplorer

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
mervyn797 said:
Kylecito said:
I used NDStool (with dslazy GUI) to extract the entire rom, and then the program "Advanced Search & Replace" to search for some japanese text on all the files at the same time. found a couple of matches and discarded until I found the correct one. That's all.

Now I just gotta know how to get the files back into the game. Doing it normally doesn't work. Also I guess there are some Hex values on those files that designate where one dialog ends and the other starts, because the lines are almost mixed up, so editing the text itself wouldn't be too helpful... I'm not savy enough to hack the rom files or decypher the function of each variable/byte on those files.

I tried, but then the rom goes black screen after the PRESS START screen. So it's not just editing text from a file and hoping the game will still work...
There must be some caveats there. I'm not a programmer at all, but i'm sure there must be some byte values for stuff, and pointers that get messed up when you change the file sizes.

That's why I wanted to meet Grovyle! Maybe he already figured all this out and made a tool.

mervyn797

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Kylecito said:
mervyn797 said:
Kylecito said:

I tried, but then the rom goes black screen after the PRESS START screen. So it's not just editing text from a file and hoping the game will still work...
There must be some caveats there. I'm not a programmer at all, but i'm sure there must be some byte values for stuff, and pointers that get messed up when you change the file sizes.

That's why I wanted to meet Grovyle! Maybe he already figured all this out and made a tool.
okay...... so that's the problem...

Bassdark25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mervyn797 said:
Bassdark25 said:
Guys... 4th time I ask nicely: How to fix my saving problem. The patch was a success but I can't save at all. Yes, I repeat again- I tried every save type but nothing.

Btw I know how you feel. Those AP tests are very hard since I've seen some of the students in my school complaining.

EDIT: I tried that alternative way to have the game in English but at first the saving worked, now I get the error again: "Failed to Save."
which emulator do you use? no$gba
lecture.gif
?
So that's the problem? Bummer, the emulator causes some sort of issue that it won't save? I have patched two other games and they never gave me any save problems at all.

wtfshorty14

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anywhere know where i can get the untrimmed version of the game. I cant find it anywhere

does anywhere know where i can get the untrimmed version of the game. I cant find it anywhere

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
walao.. quaruple posting and asking for Rom...

anyway, very good job you guys been doing
smile.gif

kenzspellz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
wtfshorty14 said:
wtfshorty14 said:
wtfshorty14 said:
QUOTE(wtfshorty14 @ May 9 2009, 11:24 AM) does anywhere know where i can get the untrimmed version of the game. I cant find it anywhere

get out of this Topic...you post 4 times the same sentence and you are begging for the untrimmed rom...read the forum rules before even you start posting =.="
or are you too impatient that u click 4 times the post reply button???=.="read the first post PLEASE!...If you cannot even bother to read the forum rules even before you start posting,don't even ask for our help
happy.gif
.Sorry if i am to harsh because i really cannot tolerate this kind of behavior.-And i don't believe that you cannot find the untrimmed rom because the link is right in the first post...you cannot even bother to read the first post huh?=D
but if you are still so blind then look at this Quote...
QUOTE(Grovyle91 @ Apr 21 2009, 02:13 AM)
Downloads
How to patch is described in the included README.txt file.
Version 0.4 (30 April 2009)
  • More ingame menus translated
  • All items & dungeons translated (Tatsurou)
Download patch for untrimmed rom (866 kB) (MD5: 938325668781281658E23D7CED44B7AD)
Download patch for updating from v0.3.1 (713 kB) (MD5: 7A93F8FA9B19585AEE57DF57105E10E6)

Grtzz!! Grovyle91.

!!!Back to Topic =D

Good job grovyle and team"again" for the hard work^^ appreciate your work a lot!

Kreatur84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
read the post above you,rom requests are forbidden.read the rules.

where are the mods when someone need theme,i don`t asked direktly for a rom and i was warned but here are a lot of people who asked for roms and they won`t warned.what the hell goes on here

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Kreatur84 said:
read the post above you,rom requests are forbidden.read the rules.

where are the mods when someone need theme,i don`t asked direktly for a rom and i was warned but here are a lot of people who asked for roms and they won`t warned.what the hell goes on here
You expect us to read EVERY post that's been made? That's that the report button's for. Without the three other members who did indeed use the report button I wouldn't have read the thread (as I have no interest in this game - nor what 19 pages worth of posters think about this translation).

TyrannisUmbra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
I am having problems with the patcher (April 30th 2009)
I have tried to patch the original, untrimmed ROM (128MB). I have resorted to naming the file "F.nds" and still I am unable to get the output file.

When I open the batch without drag and dropping the ROM file onto it the batch opens the README.txt file, so I am unable to manualy input the filename.

When I drag and drop the ROM file, the interface appears for a split second the vanashes, leaving nothing. I do not get the patched file.

When editing the batch the following is in the text:

@ECHO OFF
SET FILE=%1

ECHO Apply Delta Patch for Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon Sora

no Tankentai
ECHO.

IF "%1" == "" ECHO Please read the README.txt file!
IF "%1" == "" START README.txt
IF "%1" == "" PAUSE
IF "%1" == "" EXIT

ECHO Input file: %FILE%
ECHO Difference file: pmdeos_patch.diff
ECHO Output file: pmdeos_patched_v0.4.nds
Pause
ECHO.
ECHO Applying patch...
xdelta.exe patch "pmdeos_patch.diff" %FILE%

"pmdeos_patched_v0.4.nds"
ECHO.
Pause

What the hell is going on here!?
I am using the PATCHER FOR ORIGINAL ROM not THE UPDATER FOR PATCHED ROM.
*By the way, the uploading site you used is currently experiencing problems, I was going to download an earlier version and then update but I keep getting the (500) error, their server must be down or something.

This helped me find a solution that so far seems to work.

Please note that this is for the 0.4 patch update, not the standalone. Trying this appropriately with the standalone patch gives me the same error as when dragging/dropping the file onto the batch. So to all you people out there having trouble, I suggest applying one of the previous patches and patching upward to the 0.4 patch.

Simply: edit the batch, and replace this:

Code:
IF "%1" == "" ECHO Please read the README.txt file!
IF "%1" == "" START README.txt
IF "%1" == "" PAUSE
IF "%1" == "" EXIT

ECHO Input file: %FILE%
ECHO Difference file: pmdeos_patch-update.diff

with this:

CODEIF "%1" == "" SET /P FILE=File to be patched (patched v0.3.1)?
IF NOT "%1" == "" ECHO Input file (unchanged): %FILE%
ECHO Difference file: pmdeos_patch-update.diff

It gives a checksum error when patching, but still outputs the file. Thus far while testing I have no errors, and the file looks to be the appropriate size. Please bear in mind that because it DOES give some sort of error message, the file may in fact give an error message at some point, or crash at some point. Please, backup the 0.3.1 patched file and hold onto it while patching with this method.

The j_text.str reinsert thing will fix the text errors in the menu/opening sequence in this version, with no size irregularities.

HTH, and keep up the good work on the translations! I'll probably be keeping an eye on this thread.

And yes, I made an account just to post this. That's how much I think this project deserves to continue.

pie111

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm....
unsure.gif
if you do not own PMD 3 in Japanese then would this be illegal? PLZ reply soon 'cause I really wanna download this. thnx

D

Deleted-172301

pie111 said:
Ummm....
unsure.gif
if you do not own PMD 3 in Japanese then would this be illegal? PLZ reply soon 'cause I really wanna download this. thnx
Its just a patch. If you want to get the game, then you will either have to dump a rom, or get a rom though another source.(Google. . .)

Yes it is illegal to own a pirated copy of this game, but the likely hood of you being arrested for possessing a Pokemon game is 0%. . .

Pokemonmaster91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mervyn797 said:
Hello!
Looks like you want to play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon EP Sky very badly. I will give you detailed instructions on how to patch.
1. Download j_text.str and extract it to any folder.
2. Download Nitro Explorer and extract to the same folder (preferably)
3. Open NiroExplorer and Click on "Load ROM"
4. Browse to the place where you have Pokemon Mystery Dungeon EP Sky (trimmed or untrimmed, both roms will work)
5. On the left side you will see lots of folders. Select "Message" folder.
6. Now there should be a file j_text.str .
7. Click on it and at the top, next to the buttons "load ROM" ,etc. the should be a button "Reinsert".
8. Click on it and browse to the j_text.str and select it.
9. Close Nitro Explorer and Start the game.
10. Enjoy!

This should help!
Credits
Translation by: Grovyle91 and team
NitroExplorer by: Treeki
I tried but Nitro Explorer kept not responding when I followed all your directions!
mad.gif
blink.gif
wacko.gif
hate2.gif

Sandman00009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will this patch ever be updated cause im on .4 patch and every time i try to evolve one of my guys the game freezes so i switched back to the unpatched game and it let me evolve them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: