Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatur84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mervyn797 said:
sorry for releasing text_j.str .............
i'm never coming back to this forum ..........
frown.gif
why you aren`t coming back to this forum and why sorry for the J_text?

Supakitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kreatur84 said:
why you aren`t coming back to this forum and why sorry for the J_text?
I'd think it's because of shadowhunter93's rather rude statement, though I'm sure it doesn't help to have the stress of having people asking for help with the patch who are probably just doing it wrong in the first place...

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that you decided to leave, mervyn797. I might put some work into this project. Seems like decently simple stuff, since the game uses plain text, or ShiftJIS or something like that...

Bassdark25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... so using that file will fix up the saving problem? (I don't think so since he was directing that to people who couldn't patch the game.)

The patch was a success but I can't still save. Yes, I have tried every save file but nothing.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoa wait i was just pointing out. grovy did send me a pm about wanting to release the text file. im not sayin what u did was wrong, just a pointer. sorry im seriously stressed i got an ap bio exam monday and my temper is short

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As an extension to my rant, and my previous post, I was just pointing out what I noticed and I wanted to save you guys from a telling off. Well, no not a telling off but an advice sort of thing. I want to say that my temper has been really short these days, I have my very first AP test on May 11th and I am seriously nervous, and my teacher thinks I will fail so thats not so assuring for me. Believe me guys my stress will be lifted in a few days, I just had to get all that pain outta my system, and I sincerely apologize for my lack of respect. You guys can flood my pm, flame me here, I don't care. I deserve it. I just wanted to express my pain and I'm sorry for any offense that may have occurred. My work load is seriously killing me and I really want my life to just end. I feel awful knowing that I caused someone to feel hurt for their effort. Please know that it was meant as advice and not a disrespectful thing. I hope you guys will understand my pain.

As of this moment, I hereby resolve to not translate any more of this game. I feel awful for what I have done and said. It was a good run, and I wish you all the best.

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Whoa.. what happened here, i'm just joining in.

I wanna help translate this! Specifically the special episodes. Already played through Bidoof's Wish entirely, and I pretty much understood 80% of it.

Problem is, I have no idea how to do this. I was playing around with programs, and all I managed was to unpack the rom with ndstools and find the MESSAGE folder with the text_j.str stuff. Problem is, as soon as I edit even a single character from it, the rom no longer goes past the PRESS START screen when repacked :/

I used crystaltile and hex edited some chars and it works but... I'm limited to the prestabilished length of the hex strings.

By the way, I sent a PM to the thread poster already but no reply. If anyone has some advice on how to do this, please help
smile.gif
I've not yet read this thread... so please don't be angry with me! 17 pages is a lot!

Kylecito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
By the way, the text from the special episode isn't in the text_j.str file.

If someone wants to search, here's a bit of the transcript i made while playing
(take into account the kanas only, the punctuation isn't properly transcribed)

ビッパ
  ううぅ・・・・ これは かあちゃんから もらった たいせつな おかねなんでゲス。
  あんいに つかうわけには いかないでゲス・・・・。
  なやんだんでゲスが・・・・ やっぱり かうのは やめとくでゲス・・・・。

カクレオン
  そうですか・・・・。
  それは ざんねんですね~。

ビッパ
  せっかく そうだんに のってくれたのに すまないでゲスが・・・・ じゃあ。

カクレオン
  うちは いつでも いいですからね~!
  かいたくなったら また きてくださいね~

ビッパ
  ・・・・ううぅ・・・・そんなこと いわれると やっぱり まようでゲスね・・・・。
  でも・・・・いいでゲス。 しょうどうがいは よくないでゲス。
  ざんねんでゲスが・・・・ わざマシンはあきらめるでゲス・・・・。

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH i dunno whether Grovyle is still around, hes been awfully quiet these days. Do send him a PM though

Psyren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in the project so far, your work is very much appreciated!

I'm still having issues with both methods, the xdelta program only quickly loads a command window (only to disappear a second later) and the j_text only translates the opening quiz. I'm currently on a Windows XP partition, so I'll try on another computer later today and see if that's the issue.

mervyn797

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Psyren said:
Yeah, just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in the project so far, your work is very much appreciated!

I'm still having issues with both methods, the xdelta program only quickly loads a command window (only to disappear a second later) and the j_text only translates the opening quiz. I'm currently on a Windows XP partition, so I'll try on another computer later today and see if that's the issue.
no need to switch computers that's not the issue.
this is not a complete translation, so don't expect everything to be translated

Psyren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I had thought that the opening sequence (aka what I thought was the first scene when you were found at the beach) had been translated but I hadn't yet reached a menu. I'll take a quick look when I get home and see if truly the patch did work. Thanks for the update.

Btw, is there a reason that the font is smaller in the main patch, but when you use the text_j file, it's larger and auto-scrolls? Just curious.

mervyn797

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Psyren said:
Ah, I had thought that the opening sequence (aka what I thought was the first scene when you were found at the beach) had been translated but I hadn't yet reached a menu. I'll take a quick look when I get home and see if truly the patch did work. Thanks for the update.

Btw, is there a reason that the font is smaller in the main patch, but when you use the text_j file, it's larger and auto-scrolls? Just curious.
its because the patch paches the folt file also while the j_text.str does not .
don't expect any help from j_text its unofficial and unsupported

Kylecito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
mervyn797 said:
i found the dailouge file
*not posting anything without permission*

I found it too. Why aren't you posting it? you found it yourself and the tools are frely available on the net.

data/SCRIPT/T01P02A/

n01a0501.ssb

[CS:K]?????[CR]??????[R]?????? ????~???? ?????~??[K][R]????[CS:K]?????[CR]????????~? ????????????~? ????……[K]???????????[R]??????????…… ……[K]???????[R]??????????……?[K]????……? ?????????????~?[K][R]?????????~?[K]??????????? ……???????????[R]?????? [CS:I]?????[CR]????

I'm guessing [CS:K] stabilishes color coding and [CR] ends the coloring just like a [/color] tag. Wonder what language is it?

I could translate that in an hex editor but again... using prestabilished lenghts sucks big time.

Bassdark25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys... 4th time I ask nicely: How to fix my saving problem. The patch was a success but I can't save at all. Yes, I repeat again- I tried every save type but nothing.

Btw I know how you feel. Those AP tests are very hard since I've seen some of the students in my school complaining.

EDIT: I tried that alternative way to have the game in English but at first the saving worked, now I get the error again: "Failed to Save."

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems with the patcher (April 30th 2009)
I have tried to patch the original, untrimmed ROM (128MB). I have resorted to naming the file "F.nds" and still I am unable to get the output file.

When I open the batch without drag and dropping the ROM file onto it the batch opens the README.txt file, so I am unable to manualy input the filename.

When I drag and drop the ROM file, the interface appears for a split second the vanashes, leaving nothing. I do not get the patched file.

When editing the batch the following is in the text:

@ECHO OFF
SET FILE=%1

ECHO Apply Delta Patch for Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon Sora

no Tankentai
ECHO.

IF "%1" == "" ECHO Please read the README.txt file!
IF "%1" == "" START README.txt
IF "%1" == "" PAUSE
IF "%1" == "" EXIT

ECHO Input file: %FILE%
ECHO Difference file: pmdeos_patch.diff
ECHO Output file: pmdeos_patched_v0.4.nds
Pause
ECHO.
ECHO Applying patch...
xdelta.exe patch "pmdeos_patch.diff" %FILE%

"pmdeos_patched_v0.4.nds"
ECHO.
Pause

What the hell is going on here!?
I am using the PATCHER FOR ORIGINAL ROM not THE UPDATER FOR PATCHED ROM.
*By the way, the uploading site you used is currently experiencing problems, I was going to download an earlier version and then update but I keep getting the (500) error, their server must be down or something.

mervyn797

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Kylecito said:
mervyn797 said:
i found the dailouge file
*not posting anything without permission*

I found it too. Why aren't you posting it? you found it yourself and the tools are frely available on the net.

data/SCRIPT/T01P02A/

n01a0501.ssb

[CS:K]?????[CR]??????[R]?????? ????~???? ?????~??[K][R]????[CS:K]?????[CR]????????~? ????????????~? ????……[K]???????????[R]??????????…… ……[K]???????[R]??????????……?[K]????……? ?????????????~?[K][R]?????????~?[K]??????????? ……???????????[R]?????? [CS:I]?????[CR]????

I'm guessing [CS:K] stabilishes color coding and [CR] ends the coloring just like a [/color] tag. Wonder what language is it?

I could translate that in an hex editor but again... using prestabilished lenghts sucks big time.
what are the tools? what are the tools? link them

does anyone ahve a good text editor which supports japanese?

mervyn797

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Bassdark25 said:
Guys... 4th time I ask nicely: How to fix my saving problem. The patch was a success but I can't save at all. Yes, I repeat again- I tried every save type but nothing.

Btw I know how you feel. Those AP tests are very hard since I've seen some of the students in my school complaining.

EDIT: I tried that alternative way to have the game in English but at first the saving worked, now I get the error again: "Failed to Save."
which emulator do you use? no$gba
lecture.gif
?

Posts merged

yes man! success! dailouge files found!

Kylecito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I meant, tools for searching the dialogs.
I used NDStool (with dslazy GUI) to extract the entire rom, and then the program "Advanced Search & Replace" to search for some japanese text on all the files at the same time. found a couple of matches and discarded until I found the correct one. That's all.

Now I just gotta know how to get the files back into the game. Doing it normally doesn't work. Also I guess there are some Hex values on those files that designate where one dialog ends and the other starts, because the lines are almost mixed up, so editing the text itself wouldn't be too helpful... I'm not savy enough to hack the rom files or decypher the function of each variable/byte on those files.

I hope Grovyle decides to come back sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro