Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced

DeaHBqAWsAETT3o.jpg

Announced officially by the Pokemon Company in Japan. Launches November 16 of this year. It takes players back to Kanto, it's based on Pokemon Yellow. Switch exclusive.

poket.PNG

onix.PNG

You can choose between Eevee or Pikachu, and they'll ride on your head, just like the rumors.

cute.PNG
You can swing the Joy-Con to catch Pokemon, similarly to how you do in Pokemon Go.
Has local multiplayer features.
You can take the Pokeball accessory with you like the Pokewalker.
You can ride on Pokemon like Onix.
Has Pokemon Go transfers.

nbox.PNG

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they can bring the casual Pokemon Go fans back into the main series with this, that would be honestly surprising. Although I'm starting to see some of non-Pokemon friends brag about getting a Switch now with the announcement of these games.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like i said they will probably keep them separated series like mystery dungeon, im fine with lets go continue its own thing and normal pokemon games continue aswhell, i want to see lets go crystal based next :P
I'm fine with that, especially if it is one year after the other. Both series will get a fair amount of development time this way. Despite what I said earlier, I might still pick this up. Hopefully on a discount.

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the Pokemon fans I work with aren't really bothered with this and are excited about the next one. I'm still in between myself as it doesn't seem horrible if it remains a spinoff but don't want to encourage the main series to become more like this.

I suppose we will see.

mizorechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This looks very bland. First the poor models and average graphics giving an impression of being a 3DS game in HD. Also, you will need to play Pokémon Go have the full experience. I didn't like Pokémon Go and it's pretty bad to play if you live in the countryside for example. And I suppose this will cost $60 too.

This is the most disappointing mainstream game for Switch so far. A half-assed work to pander to first generation fans again.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This looks very bland. First the poor models and average graphics giving an impression of being a 3DS game in HD. Also, you will need to play Pokémon Go have the full experience. I didn't like Pokémon Go and it's pretty bad to play if you live in the countryside for example. And I suppose this will cost $60 too.

This is the most disappointing mainstream game for Switch so far. A half-assed work to pander to first generation fans again.
lol do you really think first generation fans wanted a lets go type of game instead of a normal pokemon game? this was made to be a qucik cash grab so they don't have to make up any new pokemons or maps and use the simpler go mechanics to see if they can bring any go fans into actual console games, gamefreak keeps forgetting people mainly played pokemon go because that was free i doubt casual go player will buy a switch plus a 60$ pokemon go game tbh.

Chance of 3rd Sun & Moon game being on switch... lowering.
net game is already announced as a new gen so no more sun and moon and thank god, i hated sun and moon and its third versions ultra sun and ultra moon.

mizorechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lol do you really think first generation fans wanted a lets go type of game instead of a normal pokemon game? this was made to be a qucik cash grab so they don't have to make up any new pokemons or maps and use the simpler go mechanics to see if they can bring any go fans into actual console games, gamefreak keeps forgetting people mainly played pokemon go because that was free i doubt casual go player will buy a switch plus a 60$ pokemon go game tbh.

I believe it was GameFreak intention. If gen 1 fans are going buy this game will be another story.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I believe it was GameFreak intention. If gen 1 fans are going buy this game will be another story.
i wonder if any actual go players will buy a switch and this game, it would be interesting if they made some sort of conversion phone to switch chart just to see if its true.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe for some event Pokemon, but other than that I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have to play Pokemon GO to play these games.

I liked Sun and Moon, but even I want to move on. Never thought they were going to do Sun and Moon for the Switch. Like even if they do a Sun and Moon remake down the line, that will probably be for the next console.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah I think most people assumed it'd be gen8, following with Game Freak's usual pattern of releases. The big question mark is what gameplay differences will be in those games, if any? I think they'll change some stuff up, but it won't be the same changes in Let's Go.
I be damn if they don't do a proper multiplayer now. So much options with the Switch. Especially since the hardware is heck a lot of better. Give me Pokemon Stadium style fights!

Reactions: Xzi

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah I think most people assumed it'd be gen8, following with Game Freak's usual pattern of releases. The big question mark is what gameplay differences will be in those games, if any? I think they'll change some stuff up, but it won't be the same changes in Let's Go.
yeah manny new pokemon imply new generation for sure, an d they said some other stuff

" He reconfirmed that this game is due for release in the second half of 2019, will have better graphics than any prior Pokémon game, that it'll be completely new aimed at experienced fans, not like Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee and states that it will contain many brand new Pokémon."

so they basicaly say a core game will be out on 2019, with better graphics, new pokemons means new gen, completely new means its a new game not a remake, and aimed at experience fans not like lets go wich means all mechanics will be back from sun/moon and probably more.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"He reconfirmed that this game is due for release in the second half of 2019, will have better graphics than any prior Pokémon game, that it'll be completely new aimed at experienced fans, not like Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee and states that it will contain many brand new Pokémon."

so they basicaly say a core game will be out on 2019, with better graphics, new pokemons means new gen, completely new means its a new game not a remake, and aimed at experience fans not like lets go wich means all mechanics will be back from sun/moon and probably more.
Good, I was hoping they wouldn't stick with the 3DS engine, which looks pretty outdated on HD hardware as plenty of people have pointed out.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both versions sold out threw amazon lol. More scalpers I bet. I will be buying mine digitally anyways, once I upgrade from my nearly full 64gb sd card.

TokyoDoll

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
With the video leaks we've been receiving, I really do hope they take out some of the vanilla mechanic in which the possibility of you as the trainer will not be able to fight other trainers but to just capture Pokemon in the viewpoint of Pokemon Go.

I never really put forward playing Pokemon Go other than maybe a few yards away from my house before my connection to my WiFi would cut the connection to the application.

I'll possibly get this game (not pre-order) when it's out for a while after release.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I think someone touching on the fact Pokemon go is free whilst a switch + pokemon new game is £300+ is a very valuable point.

I think it might have been wiser for Nintendo to just concentrate on the mainline Pokemon game and knock it out of the park.

I guess their longterm plan is to migrate their HUGE pokemon go fanbase over to the switch and then print money. Probably worth the small risk and negativity the Pokemon franchise might receive if this flops. I think if they'd refined the battling even a little, this could have been HUGE rather than a cashgrab.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y