ROM Hack Pokemon HG SS freeze after naming

Gazooki

Trophies
XP
Country
Sleepy_Sheep said:
eXa said:
LOL, you have to patch the USA one with Rudolph patch v2, not the Japanese.

We know that. So does the TS. He has already stated in his first post that he tried using the U Rom.

That still does not explain why some people are still getting a crash/freeze after choosing their name. Although I still believe it has got to do with certain cards.

Must be just really specific cards, because I tested it on a dusty old R4 I had lying around and after patching it worked fine...

Sleepy_Sheep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gazooki said:
Sleepy_Sheep said:
eXa said:
LOL, you have to patch the USA one with Rudolph patch v2, not the Japanese.

We know that. So does the TS. He has already stated in his first post that he tried using the U Rom.

That still does not explain why some people are still getting a crash/freeze after choosing their name. Although I still believe it has got to do with certain cards.

Must be just really specific cards, because I tested it on a dusty old R4 I had lying around and after patching it worked fine...

I think it is only certain types of Fakes/clones which have this problem. As I said in an previous post, a few of my friends have the same fake/cloned card and they are having the same issue. And if that is the case, then the only way around that is with a Firmware update which fixes the problem.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Try creating your save with a clean (U) ROM and save after you create your character. After that use that save file with the patched (U) ROM.

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you're playing on No$GBA, you NEED an anti-freeze code, even after you patch the game with Rudolph's v2. I've been using 020DE16C E1A00000 and I've had no freezes so far (after patching the ROM, that is).

Mana94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zurren said:
If you're playing on No$GBA, you NEED an anti-freeze code, even after you patch the game with Rudolph's v2. I've been using 020DE16C E1A00000 and I've had no freezes so far (after patching the ROM, that is).
He said he is using R4 1.18...
blink.gif

darkfire9191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
.Darky said:
Try creating your save with a clean (U) ROM and save after you create your character. After that use that save file with the patched (U) ROM.

It still freezes with a clean U ROM on r4 1.18.
I'm pretty sure that its not the save file thats the problem

NDS_R44.jpg

thats my r4 and im certain that is was the original one, not cloned or anything. I bought this like a long time ago

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm also using a R4 with the latest YSMenu + Rudolph's patch and it works perfectly for me. 20 hours of playtime and not a single freeze. Feels good, man.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
darkfire9191 said:
.Darky said:

NDS_R44.jpg

thats my r4 and im certain that is was the original one, not cloned or anything. I bought this like a long time ago

If you're using SDHC, it's a clone. If you're using it on a DSi...Its a clone...If you bought it any time past 2007, Its MOST LIKELY a clone.

I can't count how many people come on here claiming their R4 is legit, when they clearly aren't. I'm not sying yours is a clone, but please make ABSOLUTELY sure it isnt.

Yellow-SH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hmm, it does not come from the R4. If the one you have is the one on the image, I have the same, and the patched game works properly.
Then mine is an original when I look at the printed circuit. I dismounted, and if this is not one, it's a perfect clone.
huh.gif

darkfire9191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dudeonline said:
darkfire9191 said:
.Darky said:

If you're using SDHC, it's a clone. If you're using it on a DSi...Its a clone...If you bought it any time past 2007, Its MOST LIKELY a clone.

I can't count how many people come on here claiming their R4 is legit, when they clearly aren't. I'm not sying yours is a clone, but please make ABSOLUTELY sure it isnt.

man you made me realize how old my r4 and ds rly are -.-

I bought it like when the only cards out there were the m3 and the r4.

the last real game i bought was pokemon pearl and then i think i got the r4 for my bday around September 07 i guess.
im using the big old fat ds with a 2gb micro sd card so im assuming its not SDHC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: