Not open for further replies.

TorvaultDeezil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeviousTom said:
After getting the 3rd badge, the crashing didn't get worse for me, still takes around 30-50 min to crash and I find it totally playable. Using a Supercard DSONE btw.

It's based on events not time

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
Strategy said:
For those with an Acekard2 and 1.6 RC1.. after 3 badges, you do not freeze, meaning the ROM works 100% flawlessly, correct ?

Using an Acekard 2.1 brought in October 2008. I am facing Lance right now and now crash at all.

On 1.6 RC1, however maybe I got lucky.

DeviousTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TorvaultDeezil said:
DeviousTom said:
After getting the 3rd badge, the crashing didn't get worse for me, still takes around 30-50 min to crash and I find it totally playable. Using a Supercard DSONE btw.

It's based on events not time

Still, in 30-50 minutes I go in and out of atleast 10 buildings, and have atleast 10 pokemon battles. No where near crashing after only 3 events.

GJohnny

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jesus.. would you stop ruining the thread with all those freaking calculations, go to a math forum or something.

Eruonen said:
Stop with the maths people, it's not relevant and you are embarrassing yourselves.

+1

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
god dammit guys, instead of wasting time on this, lets figure out how to fix it...anyone remember what bytes in the rom we had to hex in the JP version to fix it?

give me:
Address
Current Value
New Value

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Souldragon said:
Can anyone please try this set of code.

04000600 0000000F
02260340 0000000F

I'm testing it right now and I'm going in and out the house 25+ times now..

This code is nice! It crashs after 25 events like everytime but now you can't fight anymore!

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Ok not sure if its been mentioned yet, because I really cannot be bothered reading through 70 odd pages of what is probably half crap, but I just want to point out that if you are trying to use a jap save file with a usa or eu rom, you'll need to make sure that they are the same dumper. otherwise there will be discrepancies between them and it wont work right. eg if you got the xenophobia soul silver rom in jap and saved, get the xeno soul silver in whichever new format you are wanting.

also confirming that the xeno ss works perfectly fine on cyclods v1.57.

iAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YouWish8 said:
I just tested this on my M3 Real DS with thr latest Firmware.

Before adding arm7.bin , i could enter a house and exit 12 times (24 events)

after patching the arm7.bin it was the exact same, so doesnt work.
Ah, that says enough, I guess? Then that friend of LunarDD is.. lying?
smile.gif

afro193

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrimzonEyed said:
can't we somehow check what the Acekard2 1.6 RC1 did to remove the AP check?

They didn't. Mine just crashed on me a couple minutes ago. DSi AK2i with AKAIO 1.6RC

TorvaultDeezil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TorvaultDeezil said:
Isn't it possible that they represent that digit as an unsigned number? This is software after all. It's possible they realized that you can't have negative events. Once you get past the 4th badge or whatever it might just overflow. Anybody guess how many bits they would represent the digits as?

In an 8-bit (1 byte) unsigned value the largest number you can represent is 1111 1111 or 255 (2^8 - 1) and the lowest number is obviously 0.

It's possible that once you get to the 4th badge, the number overflows to somewhere around 255 which would explain why it seemingly works without freezing. It's also possible that inserting a 16 into that equation makes it at a low enough number to crash immediately

Or maybe I'm just chasing a red herring. Any thoughts?

edes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eruonen said:
Stop with the maths people, it's not relevant and you are embarrassing yourselves.

It can be relevant, if the formula can be found in the code, then the AP patch can be done.

Komalis said:
Damnit, Programmers can't resolve this ? :fuuu:

Programmers could fix it, they just need the source code

QUOTE(GJohnny @ Mar 13 2010, 11:10 PM)
Jesus.. would you stop ruining the thread with all those freaking calculations, go to a math forum or something.
Again, it is relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: