kms2061

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I'm having a problem with Pokemon HeartGold USA #4748. The game will completely freeze whenever I try to use any of the terminals at the GTS (Global Trade Station) in Goldenrod City. The freeze happens at the very start of the "Nintendo Wi-fi Connection" screen after saving the game. The game will freeze before the screen's graphics can come up and you will hear the first note of the screen's BGM loop. The trading counter itself works fine.
I'm using an Acekard2i with AKAIO 1.8.5a. HWID: 81 SVN: 1035 Game CRC: FFD28F00
The freeze happened with AKAIO 1.8.1 as well. Enabling/disabling AP and Universal Child's Play Patch did not help.
Can anyone confirm this glitch and should I report this to the AKAIO forums?
Thanks for your help.

kms2061

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only pokemon I have in the game so far are the ones I caught normally, got from NPCs, and my starter. I already tried using the terminals with just my starter in my party - no luck. I don't think it's a connection problem, since all other wi-fi elements in the game (GTS trading conter, the plaza downstairs in the pokemon centers) work fine. At the terminals the game freezes before it can ask me whether I want to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi. The GTS terminals also work fine in Pokemon Platinum.

Now the strange part is - at one time, the game actually did not freeze for three times in a row (I hard-reset the DSi after a successful try). Then, after turning off the DSi and trying that again for about 20 times, the game froze every single time again.

By the way, I couldn't get AKAIO to use different DMA modes, the color of the loading text does not change when I hold the A or X buttons down. Has that feature been removed?

When I have more time, I'll try starting a new game to see if this still continues to happen. What a weird problem...

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
kms2061 said:
The only pokemon I have in the game so far are the ones I caught normally, got from NPCs, and my starter. I already tried using the terminals with just my starter in my party - no luck. I don't think it's a connection problem, since all other wi-fi elements in the game (GTS trading conter, the plaza downstairs in the pokemon centers) work fine. At the terminals the game freezes before it can ask me whether I want to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi. The GTS terminals also work fine in Pokemon Platinum.

Now the strange part is - at one time, the game actually did not freeze for three times in a row (I hard-reset the DSi after a successful try). Then, after turning off the DSi and trying that again for about 20 times, the game froze every single time again.

By the way, I couldn't get AKAIO to use different DMA modes, the color of the loading text does not change when I hold the A or X buttons down. Has that feature been removed?

When I have more time, I'll try starting a new game to see if this still continues to happen. What a weird problem...

Post a proper bug report on the AKAIO forums with a save file and I will investigate the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.