ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold Randomized with TWiLight Menu++?

Afterlyte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before anyone assumes the typical "oh just another AP issue with HG/SS", my issue is a bit more specific than that.

(Also if this is technically in the wrong section I apologize, "Utilities" seemed to be the best fit for TWiLight Menu++)

I recently homebrewed my 3DS, and one of the things I added was TWiLight Menu++, and I wanted to play a randomized Pokemon HeartGold rom via the launcher. Clean roms obviously have issues because of AP measures, a clean, non randomized AP rom seems to work fine, and some AP roms I've tried don't work at all. One AP patched rom labeled "Original Patched" worked fine without the randomization, but once I randomized it, the TWiLight Menu gave me a big red error screen with a bunch of memory locations. I should also note, a randomized clean rom worked but still froze at the typical points in the game (Mr Pokemon's house)

All in all, some AP patched roms work on their own but no matter what I do to any of these I've tried, they all either crash (TWiLight as well, not just in-game freezes) or just don't run at all. Is there anyone who has managed to get this to work for HG or even SS? Or is randomizing these two games in particular just gonna be impossible?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Ian

Last edited by Afterlyte,

Afterlyte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just remember aswell with this. Even when you can post links. You did agree in the TOS that members will not post links to or upload warez. Which roms are included within those.
Yeah I realized that after I posted, thank you for letting me know though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk