Pokemon HeartGold (USA) freezes at GTS

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kms2061, Jan 19, 2011.

Jan 19, 2011
  1. kms2061
    OP

Newcomer kms2061 Member

United States
    Hey guys,
    I'm having a problem with Pokemon HeartGold USA #4748. The game will completely freeze whenever I try to use any of the terminals at the GTS (Global Trade Station) in Goldenrod City. The freeze happens at the very start of the "Nintendo Wi-fi Connection" screen after saving the game. The game will freeze before the screen's graphics can come up and you will hear the first note of the screen's BGM loop. The trading counter itself works fine.
    I'm using an Acekard2i with AKAIO 1.8.5a. HWID: 81 SVN: 1035 Game CRC: FFD28F00
    The freeze happened with AKAIO 1.8.1 as well. Enabling/disabling AP and Universal Child's Play Patch did not help.
    Can anyone confirm this glitch and should I report this to the AKAIO forums?
    Thanks for your help.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Update loaders?

3. kms2061
    OP

Newcomer kms2061 Member

United States
    Isn't AKAIO 1.8.5a already the latest release?

4. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    The loaders in it aren't.

5. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
  6. Rydian

United States
    You can also just get the loaders online with AKAIO's wifi update (second page of start menu).

7. kms2061
    OP

Newcomer kms2061 Member

United States
    I updated the loaders to 1/17/2011 but the problem still persists. Any ideas?

8. Rydian

United States
    Works for me.

First make sure your party does not contain any hacked pokemon (even if they are "legal" hacked), then make sure you actually have a proper WiFi connection set up in the DS and it's DNS servers are on automatic.

9. kms2061
    OP

Newcomer kms2061 Member

United States
    The only pokemon I have in the game so far are the ones I caught normally, got from NPCs, and my starter. I already tried using the terminals with just my starter in my party - no luck. I don't think it's a connection problem, since all other wi-fi elements in the game (GTS trading conter, the plaza downstairs in the pokemon centers) work fine. At the terminals the game freezes before it can ask me whether I want to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi. The GTS terminals also work fine in Pokemon Platinum.

Now the strange part is - at one time, the game actually did not freeze for three times in a row (I hard-reset the DSi after a successful try). Then, after turning off the DSi and trying that again for about 20 times, the game froze every single time again.

By the way, I couldn't get AKAIO to use different DMA modes, the color of the loading text does not change when I hold the A or X buttons down. Has that feature been removed?

When I have more time, I'll try starting a new game to see if this still continues to happen. What a weird problem...

10. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Post a proper bug report on the AKAIO forums with a save file and I will investigate the problem.