Not open for further replies.

AfterYou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Envi said:
i did it was a fresh jap rom nothing else on it.

Make sure the ROM is also UNTRIMMED - the ROM should have a full 128MB file size. If it's something smaller (like 124MB), it's probably been trimmed.

QUOTE(temporalcask @ Sep 14 2009, 12:26 PM) Hello, I just wanted to point out that All of Nurse Joy may not be translated. When My first pokemon was fainted and I went to the pokecenter, after healing, it said something about My first pokemon in japanese before it finished handing them back to me. I don't know if it is something Nurse Joy says, or whether or not it is just telling me my first pokemon is going to be the one following me instead of the one next in line. Just wanted to let you know, in case it is her.

Maybe one of your Pokémon got PokéRus or something?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gym leader names

1st falco !! ( just suggestions )
2nd bugsy
3rd whit !!
4rt morty
5th chuck
6th jas !!
7nt pryce
8th clair

1st brock
2nd misty
3rd surge
4rt erika
5th hmmm uhhh katana
6th janie
7th blain
8th green

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey this is my 1st post so plz fogive me if i write some stuff i'm not supposed to.. well i had to go thru a gruelling 46 pages to make sure i didn't miss a single thing with a super slow connection (approx time taken to go thru 2.5 hs lol) and i'm glad to say that I am able to play both PHG and PSS with ur path without a hits. M using a R4DS v 1.23 and YSmenu.. Thanks a lot for all the work.. Srry if it was a long post
biggrin.gif

AfterYou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephiran said:
gym leader names

1st falco !! ( just suggestions )
2nd bugsy
3rd whit !!
4rt morty
5th chuck
6th jas !!
7nt pryce
8th clair

Here's my take, if the 5 character limit is true:

1-leave in katakana (Falkner)
2- Bugsy
3- leave in katakana (Whitney)
4- Morty
5- Chuck
6- leave in katakana (Jasmine)
7- Pryce
8- Clair
9- Surge
10- leave in katakana (Sabrina)
11- Erika
12- Misty
13- leave in katakana (Janine)
14- Brock
15- leave in katakana (Blaine)
16- Green

temporalcask

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^he could leave the Gym Leader names in Japanese, I prefer that over any shortened names, besides Falco. I like Falco.

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AfterYou said:
Make sure the ROM is also UNTRIMMED - the ROM should have a full 128MB file size. If it's something smaller (like 124MB), it's probably been trimmed.

So is it possible that the game was uploaded already trimmed? That could be my problem, cause it reads as being 122MB. I didn't trim it at all.

Switchblade#

Trophies
XP
Country
xvolution said:
AfterYou said:

So is it possible that the game was uploaded already trimmed? That could be my problem, cause it reads as being 122MB. I didn't trim it at all.
Yes, that is definitely your problem.

miss_DSlite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is this game going to be updated still? or i should wait for the NA localization ?

cause i wanna try it out i haven't play pokemon since yellow version pikachu days
smile.gif

temporalcask

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is still updating, as far as I know. Also as far as I know it won't be a full story translation, the translation is just to make standard actions understandable, and maybe a few key elements. I enjoyed this game entirely in Japanese before this patch, but I also played silver back in the day so I don't know how I would have enjoyed it without that background. If you don't mind needing to look a few things up online, and not understanding what people are saying, if you are unable to read Japanese, and just enjoy playing the game I would say it is worth the play. If you want the full story and don't want to look anything up if you don't know where to go, I would suggest waiting.

Lompio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have but one thing to say.
Amazing.
You've done an incredible job on the patch so far, and I expect that it'll just keep getting better.
Also the elite four names aren't patched, only Lance is.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I think i have to install Rosetta stone to understand what is being said it jst feels weird for me coz this is the 1st time i'm i playing a game with Jap script, i hv played the original gold and silver version which were romanized tho, which also was a weird experience.. Neway I'm eagerly waiting for version 4.0..

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guild McCommunist said:
...Maybe it's not loading so fast because you're refreshing it so much, dumb dumb.

And yes, just putting the ROM in the same folder as the patch and whatever patching tool you're using should work. If that doesn't work, then you're computer just can't do it.
wow, aren't you a little know it all. no actually it gives an error message saying "server unavailable" then after several refreshes sometimes it'l be a half page loaded then it freezes. not just me neither, before you go and claim my internet sucks
smile.gif

it seems to have improved a lot the last 24ish hours though.
ps: you're computer can't do it. good one there buddy x)

mattmagician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimmidice, while McCommunist was somewhat rude about it, They're right. Refreshing the page multiple time puts load on the servers, which is why you'll occasionally get "Server Unavailable"

kevin007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow, wtf, I got everything to work.

I converted my .dat from my M3 adapter to .SAV and even my save worked.

Everything was great, the patch was great, translation was great, everything was great.

I beated the goldenrod gym, headed north, some guy took a picture with me (similar to underground in goldenrod city) and then m y game looked corrupted, i went to a battle and everything returned to normal afterwards.

I then tried to save and my rom crashed, now i "lost" my save, im asked my name and the oak intro all over again.

what?

kirbypower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i can't patch this game. even its so simple,i can't
i dragged a clean rom to the DragUntrimmedROMhere.bat and than i get a message: ''the xdelta patching utility was unable to apply the patch. make sure to use the original unpatched,untrimmed rom and exract all of the patch files te the same flder before running this''

what do i wrong?
everything is in the same folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later