Pokemon HeartGold facing delay in Europe due to buggy software?

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
thumb_1269351675.jpg

This blue screen of death is supposedly cropping up in the European version of Pokemon HeartGold. This issue is leading to a delay of Pokemon HeartGold in Europe, so the rumor says. If this screen is the real deal, than Nintendo is going to have a pretty big snafu on their hands. Talk about millions of cartridges that are going to be field destroyed...unless somehow Nintendo can patch this. Thanks to NintenDaan for the heads up!

UPDATE - Our friend from Filb.de is saying that the only reason this error occurs is due to a dirty/obscured pin in the cartridge.

thumb_pin_block_1.jpg

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=118183

That guy from Filb.de is wrong by the way. A friend of mine got his retail cartridge of EU HeartGold today and he's facing the same problem. No shit on his pins either. Sucks if it's gonna be wide spread.

*edit: woops, fucked up the title, mod update appreciated?
smile.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Old news is old but hasn't been posted here yet. No need to post the source in the title.

Embarrassing, nonetheless.

D

Deleted_171835

bik75 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Goten said:
I WAS FUCKING BUY THAT ON SATURDAY --'
Doesn't matter. Purchase it. Then demand Nintendo for compensation!

biggrin.gif
Its only a rumour at the moment anyway
Not really. I've read from some European users that they have HeartGold and it gives them the Blue Screen. It's the BSOD but on a Nintendo handheld.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
bik75 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Goten said:
I WAS FUCKING BUY THAT ON SATURDAY --'
Doesn't matter. Purchase it. Then demand Nintendo for compensation!

biggrin.gif
Its only a rumour at the moment anyway
Not really. I've read from some European users that they have HeartGold and it gives them the Blue Screen. It's the BSOD but on a Nintendo handheld.
Oh... Then it probably is true... Soul Silver sales are going to be like 98% and 2 % for Heart Gold in Europe since everyone is so hyped they'll just get SS instead

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
bik75 said:
Oh... Then it probably is true... Soul Silver sales are going to be like 98% and 2 % for Heart Gold in Europe since everyone is so hyped they'll just get SS instead

Yeah, read the first post, I said a friend of mine had the same prob
tongue.gif
. A friend of his got SoulSilver and he didn't have the problem. So it's really not a rumor. Pretty much proves that SoulSilver is the superior version
biggrin.gif

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
"Nintendo Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg) today issued out a notice to the Dutch gaming press and trade about Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. Unfortunately the notice was the official recognition of a recent rumour: that the Dutch-versions of the games contain a small bug. "

I lol'd.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i checked the source's source again.
they said only a small batch of dutch heartgold copies suffers from this problem.
soulsilver copies, and heartgold copies outside the "benelux", are working normally.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coincidentally, I had that today right after beating the more powerful Elite 4 (after getting all 16 badges).

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
... I don't know what to think. I got the game (heart gold for my sister and soul silver for myself) a day before the official release (the store phoned us that we could come and get the game). me nor my sister have experienced any problems. everything works fine (my sister did a new game a couple of times to get the right natured pkm and she didn't have a crash eighter).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1