ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trace_hunter said:
Shady Guy Jose said:
LTK said:
None of the well known people are working on this patch
Why?
taken from the rom dump by xenophobia:

'ú Heres some kind of childrens/spergers game for you'

something similar in soul silver too, I don't think there working on a patch but that is just one group I guess...
We've discussed that already in the closed thread, it's just a joke they do with all the roms (or something like that..).

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
we know there is one rom card which work fine - no freezes right? (began with 'A' something and the latest firmware I can't remember it's name) so why not take a look into that firmware to see why it works there and not on other flash cards.

just a thought

vaanskypirate

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
QUOTE said:
It has been confirmed that Xenophobia, along with others, is working on it.
Furthermore, there are endless other groups scrambling to find the fix.
It is not their responsibility to assure y'all that they are working hard.
Do you have source for this?

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
back up now then i noticed u lot have come back to one of the original hypothesis that this is a graphics glitch which is what it seems to be it is more then likely that we were originally thinking this yesterdayd as the crash occurs in 2 ways first simple black screen as the rom for what ever reason looses its ability to properly project its image every time this occur a dma 8bit error is show and generally the game can be reset and restarted the 2nd way the touch screen looses it capabilites and the next action causes errors to be found, all of the major address that have been looked are primarily used in graphics and screen projection i have gone through the code the only obvious thing wait a few days for a fresh rom to be dumped this one does appear to be glitched and is more then likely unfixable

cyberninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trace_hunter said:
we know there is one rom card which work fine - no freezes right? ( A something I can't remember) so why not take a look into that firmware to see why it works there and not on other flash cards.

just a thought

Found this on another site

Confirmed Working on the Following Cards/Emulators:

- CycloDS w/ Firmware 1.58B1
- Acekard2i w/ AKAIO Firmware 1.5 and 1.5.1 and 1.6RC1
- R4i SDHC (RTS) w/ Firmware 2.6f
- EDGE w/ Firmware 1.8
- M3/G6 DS Real w/ Firmware 4.7h
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x64

Confirmed Not Working on the Following Cards/Emulators:

- M3DS Real [Unreported Firmware] (Cannot save. Does get past name screens and allows you to play the game.)
- DSTT w/ Firmware 1.17a07 (Reported Freezing)
- DS One w/ EOS SP1 (Reported Freezing)
- All reported R4DS cards and clones (Reported Freezing)
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x86 (Reported black screens after name selection)
- No$GBA v 2.6a (Reported black screens after choosing character name)

LunarDD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cyberninja said:
Trace_hunter said:
we know there is one rom card which work fine - no freezes right? ( A something I can't remember) so why not take a look into that firmware to see why it works there and not on other flash cards.

just a thought

- EDGE w/ Firmware 1.8
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x64

- M3DS Real [Unreported Firmware] (Cannot save. Does get past name screens and allows you to play the game.)

Romulation, but that is something that we already know

iAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trace_hunter said:
we know there is one rom card which work fine - no freezes right? (began with 'A' something and the latest firmware I can't remember it's name) so why not take a look into that firmware to see why it works there and not on other flash cards.

just a thought
The problem is, and that also has been discussed, the latest AKAIO firmware for the Acekard is encrypted, and it's impossible to decrypt it (or so I've heard..)

mdyer94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
baldymcbald said:
back up now then i noticed u lot have come back to one of the original hypothesis that this is a graphics glitch which is what it seems to be it is more then likely that we were originally thinking this yesterdayd as the crash occurs in 2 ways first simple black screen as the rom for what ever reason looses its ability to properly project its image every time this occur a dma 8bit error is show and generally the game can be reset and restarted the 2nd way the touch screen looses it capabilites and the next action causes errors to be found, all of the major address that have been looked are primarily used in graphics and screen projection i have gone through the code the only obvious thing wait a few days for a fresh rom to be dumped this one does appear to be glitched and is more then likely unfixable
For those of you who won't read his post, baldy has been working on the patch and came to the conclusion that there's no AP. READ HIS POST.

Also, for all people asking about going through the firmware for flashcards, THEY'RE ENCRYPTED

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
LunarDD said:
cyberninja said:
Trace_hunter said:

just a thought

- EDGE w/ Firmware 1.8
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x64

Its fake Not working in r4
They're not talking about the original R4, they're talking about the one the M3 team released a while back for the DSi.

SsjSylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vaanskypirate said:
The game works, we're all getting freezes, that's the main thing.
Yes, that is true,
However it has been found out that the further in the game you get (more badges) the lower the event count crashes at,
For example, after you get the 3rd badge u can only get 3-4 events before the Rom Freezes
hate2.gif

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Bowser-jr said:
either we try to find a patch or we have the makers of the flashcarts (acecard, r4ds, cyclods, etc.) fix it for us.
point being the r4ds stopped updating their firmware ages ago so it's seriously out of date, most people have YSmenu or some other alternative for that card.

Weredawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyberninja said:
Trace_hunter said:

just a thought

- EDGE w/ Firmware 1.8
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x64

Not exactly true. The game crashes on me and I'm playing it on an M3DS Real w/ firmware 4.7h. I PM'd the thread moderator on the site too. Guess he never updated it :/

Influ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Olly said:
It has been confirmed that Xenophobia, along with others, is working on it.
No it has not. They did not say anything about cracking this on the original release NFO. And as has been said many times before scene groups never make announcements about cracking/releasing games. You will only know when the release shows up in pre databases or if you actually have access to the topsites which the group use for releasing stuff.

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mdyer94 said:
baldymcbald said:
For those of you who won't read his post, baldy has been working on the patch and came to the conclusion that there's no AP. READ HIS POST.

Also, for all people asking about going through the firmware for flashcards, THEY'RE ENCRYPTED

So if there is no AP in HGSS then why is there so much freezing?

SsjSylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shady Guy Jose said:
LunarDD said:
cyberninja said:
Trace_hunter said:

just a thought

- EDGE w/ Firmware 1.8
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x64

Its fake Not working in r4
They're not talking about the original R4, they're talking about the one the M3 team released a while back for the DSi.

Yes, but the R4 i have is for Dsi, (R4i Revolution Upgrade card firmware 1.17B)
Or is it another R4i you are referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...