ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1kk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the NO$GBA creat .sav files that can be used on flashcarts? Asking, because I need to keep flicking backwards and forwards between my DS and computer when trying out different things to break the AP, and it would be easier to just do it all on the computer.

Donixs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lol'd

YOU (Donixs) have been booted from #GBAtemp.net by lights (i hate to do it...but thats too much pie)

vaanskypirate

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
QUOTE said:
Does the NO$GBA creat .sav files that can be used on flashcarts? Asking, because I need to keep flicking backwards and forwards between my DS and computer when trying out different things to break the AP, and it would be easier to just do it all on the computer.
As far as i know, it is compatible

Arisa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mazda! said:
Arisa said:
Anyways, I guess the french guy doesn't get you Mazda!....

Seems like to his mind, il completely changes the ROM so it becomes miraculously French. But I've already played the Japanese ROM patched with it, it had absolutely no freezes, but the translation was awful...

Hmn...
Didn't he say just one or two posts before that you should try it on the french rom?
We've hjust tested this patch on the us rom, haven't we?

lyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zowayix said:
I meant to post this in the other thread, but it got closed.

Remember WAY back in January(?) 2009 when Nintendo announced that they would put AP in games released "towards the end of this year"? People wondered if it would be in HG/SS.

Nintendo mentioned that the AP would cause a game to be corrupted because a flashcard needs to patch a ROM before it can actually run it, and this patching would corrupt the game.

I don't know if that last sentence is actually true, but if it is, that might explain why some flashcards (e.g. Acekard) can play HG/SS with few issues while others have major issues like black screens and freezing.

Harima-San

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bryan800 said:
Mazda! said:
Stevetry said:
so whats is he saying about the patch does he have a idea ?

He's just saying that he thinks that this patch is the solution to play in French. But this is a translation patch for the Japanese version, so it's pointless.

test le patch sur la version FR tu vera tu me dira quoi
smile.gif

Dumbass !! Le patch ne fonctionne QUE sur la version JAPONAISE TRADUITE de Pokemon ! Avec la release de Diplo (donc vraie FR), le patch ne marche pas car ce n'est pas la même protection !

Si tu cries haut et fort que cela marche, post un lien vers la version patchée du jeu en version FR et non traduit !

Et aussi, que ce soit en anglais ou en français, fais un effort sur l'orthographe stp !

Sorry guys for interrupting with this in french, but this idiot seems not understand what we say to him, neither in english nor in french !

vaanskypirate

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
QUOTE said:
Hmn...
Didn't he say just one or two posts before that you should try it on the french rom?
I think he calls "French ROM" the (J) rom with french translation.

Mazda!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Arisa said:

Already tested it, it won't even want to patch my French HG/SS.

Hidoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blaze163 said:
Right, I've been away most of the night on another big FFXIII session, so lemme just see if I've got everything straight here.

- Not working on most cards, only the Acekard seems to have any degree of success at the moment.
- Freezing issue caused by an event timer set to trigger every 24 events, increasing to every few events after you get the 3rd badge.
- So far the plan of attack is to either bypass the AP check, which people are apparantly struggling with as they're having trouble finding its exact location within the game code, or finding and altering the nature of the counter by finding its code area and convincing it that the number of events is always zero, thus stopping the freeze from taking effect.
- So far there are plenty of 'patches' but none of them work, mostly because people are trolling and posting the links to the Japanese patch.

Did I miss anything?

Acekard is 100% working (with the newest firmware)
That event timer is the question if it's really a timer, it could be a memory leak or the anti-piracy thing (ill edit and link to the other thread where someone said this).
There are 5 adressess that come up when an event occurs.
It might be because of the 'replay of the day' thing that pokemon platinum had.

Zowayix said:

Remember WAY back in January(?) 2009 when Nintendo announced that they would put AP in games released "towards the end of this year"? People wondered if it would be in HG/SS.

Nintendo mentioned that the AP would cause a game to be corrupted because a flashcard needs to patch a ROM before it can actually run it, and this patching would corrupt the game.

I don't know if that last sentence is actually true, but if it is, that might explain why some flashcards (e.g. Acekard) can play HG/SS with few issues while others have major issues like black screens and freezing.

Flexibility

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
harjack939393 said:
I have an idea, if we report what codes change when we go in/out of a building, then after 24(?) times could we see if a different code activates to freeze it up? Don't flame me if this is already posted or is wrong. Thanks.
Has been done I think, didn't work. Maybe something was overlooked though. Test it if you can.

QUOTE(R1kk1 @ Mar 14 2010, 03:37 PM) Does the NO$GBA creat .sav files that can be used on flashcarts? Asking, because I need to keep flicking backwards and forwards between my DS and computer when trying out different things to break the AP, and it would be easier to just do it all on the computer.
No, not with my version at least. I can use Flashcard saves on a NO$GBA, but not the other way around.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
R1kk1 said:

go to shunyweb to convert your .sav

Gegz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bryan800 said:
Mazda! said:
bryan800 said:
smile.gif

Déjà testé, et ça ne change rien aux problèmes de freeze.

tu mi le ati fezzz cars sinon c'est normal si tu pas l'original tu à un down et pas un dunp

Non mais tu es complètement hors-sujet, les freezes sont toujours présents sur les versions US & FR, ça a été confirmé par je ne sais pas combien de personnes sur le topic précédent.

(Bryan800 is off-topic, sorry guys)

harjack939393

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Flexibility said:
harjack939393 said:
I have an idea, if we report what codes change when we go in/out of a building, then after 24(?) times could we see if a different code activates to freeze it up? Don't flame me if this is already posted or is wrong. Thanks.
Has been done I think, didn't work. Maybe something was overlooked though. Test it if you can.

Soz, i don't hex edit. Infact, i hardly have any idea what bull i was chatting rofl.

Harubi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hidoshi said:
Blaze163 said:
Right, I've been away most of the night on another big FFXIII session, so lemme just see if I've got everything straight here.

- Not working on most cards, only the Acekard seems to have any degree of success at the moment.
- Freezing issue caused by an event timer set to trigger every 24 events, increasing to every few events after you get the 3rd badge.
- So far the plan of attack is to either bypass the AP check, which people are apparantly struggling with as they're having trouble finding its exact location within the game code, or finding and altering the nature of the counter by finding its code area and convincing it that the number of events is always zero, thus stopping the freeze from taking effect.
- So far there are plenty of 'patches' but none of them work, mostly because people are trolling and posting the links to the Japanese patch.

Did I miss anything?

Acekard is 100% working (with the newest firmware)
That event timer is the question if it's really a timer, it could be a memory leak or the anti-piracy thing (ill edit and link to the other thread where someone said this).
There are 5 adressess that come up when an event occurs.
It might be because of the 'replay of the day' thing that pokemon platinum had.

Yeah but what i noticed on Supercard DS One is that these said 24 events dont happen there.
I can play for a good hour or so, before i crash.
I dont think it's bound to a certain amount of events.. i might just be what you said some sort of memory leak.
The dump itself comes from an orginal rom right? So maybe the code itself just figures out if you actually slotted a legit cart in your DS.
Acekard might have a firmware which makes the code think that you are using a legit cart.. and others might not have that update yet, causing them to freeze.

bryan800

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Harima-San said:
bryan800 said:
Mazda! said:
Stevetry said:
so whats is he saying about the patch does he have a idea ?

He's just saying that he thinks that this patch is the solution to play in French. But this is a translation patch for the Japanese version, so it's pointless.

smile.gif

Dumbass !! Le patch ne fonctionne QUE sur la version JAPONAISE TRADUITE de Pokemon ! Avec la release de Diplo, le patch ne marche pas car ce n'est pas là même protection !

Si tu cries haut et fort que cela marche, post un lien vers la version patchée du jeu en version FR et non traduit !

Et aussi, que ce soit en anglais ou en français, fais un effort sur l'orthographe stp !

Sorry guys for interrupting with this in french, but this idiot seems not understant what we say to him, neither in english nor in french !

test le et tu vera mais surtout le vrai et pas un down mais un dunpe et puis merde rester comme sa quand vous aller voir que la solution été la et pas la bas aller ciao faite vous des film mais quand vous aller voir la solution et ben.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1