Status
Not open for further replies.

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know where it came from exactly.

One of my friends messaged me with it and she said, "No more black (she said the N word, actually, as a joke) screens on HG/SS anymore. No thanks needed. :3"

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tested Soul Silver (without the patch) repeatedly going in and out of a house, to try and emulate the black screen, and it happened after about 8 exits.

I tested the Patched Soul Silver and I've done a shitload more than 8 exits (like 50) with no black screen.

Kudos SaitoKojima! I can verify that this patch does indeed work. Can we get more testers?
-Krobelus

Edit: Sadly, going in and out of the door about 20 more times resulted in the black screen. Ahh well.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
freeze issues seem to be all but gone for me. Sure does reduce the saving frequency.

EDIT: Me and my big mouth. Froze in a trainer battle just as I posted it. Luckily, I had just saved before.
Still, freeze frequency is greatly lower than pre-patch.

Odori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an M3Real (with M3Sakura firmware) and I am unable to save my game. Using RTS results in a blackout when I go out of the room, even with the patch.

I haven't tested really anything beyond that. If I can't save, there's no point in me fishing for blackouts. Anyone have a solution for us M3real users?

kevin1231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odori said:
I have an M3Real (with M3Sakura firmware) and I am unable to save my game. Using RTS results in a blackout when I go out of the room, even with the patch.

Same here, I posted topic on the M3 Boards, my m3i zero desotn SAVE THE GAME AT ALL, it freezes on the save, and when i use the RTS, the screen blacks out wen i walk thru a door right away, but if i dont RTS save the game runs fine, but come on i need to ****ing save the game, nintendo stepping up against piracy big time.

D

Deleted User

Its working fine for me from freezing every time i enter a house to not freezing at all thanks to the finder and creator

Odori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The truly upsetting thing about this is that all it does is delay the pirater's time. It doesn't stop the problem, just makes it maybe a day delayed at most. People always find a way around piracy locks, even if we have a few unsuccessful tries before hand. Besides, what if I wanted to back up my game?
As if Nintendo doesn't make enough money... It's always the big corporations that make millions who do anti-piracy crap.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used this patch on both, HG / SS, but it still won't save for me on my M3 DS Real using the newest version of M3 Sakura.

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's strange, I haven't gotten a single Black Screen or Save-Freeze at all after patching my game.

I'm using TTNDS, by the way.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You CAN get it to work in no$gba, but you need the original firmware files and a patch as well as some quick finger work. You will need to find these files as well WHICH I WILL NOT SUPPLY OR GIVE YOU IN ANY WAY-

BIOSNDS7.ROM
BIOSNDS9.ROM
firmware.bin

They are the bios/firmware files for the DS. Mandatory for getting the game to boot. It is highly illegal to download these files, so I will NOT give it out. Do NOT pm me about it. They are legally obtained by dumping them from your own DS, and I don't give out info on how to do that either. Follow the instructions below to go along with the patch I shall link-

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e93d2f1...be6ba49b5870170

-Extract firmware/bios files I mentioned above to no$gba folder
-Put ROM in encrypt folder
-Run encrypter
-Press 1

-Run no$gba and open the (now encrypted) ROM
-AS SOON AS THE FILE BOX CLOSES (while the screens are still white)
open the emulation options (F11) and change the option under
"Reset/Startup Entrypoint" to GBA BIOS. After hitting OK,
immediately reset the game (numpad *). If you did it right, you'll
see the DS menu as you would on a real DS. Play it normally from there.
If you reset too late, or use an unencrypted ROM, it will crash.

Make sure the save type is set to automatic (2.6a).

As of this time this message was made, there is no other way to get the game to boot no$. I can confirm it works, as well as several other people I told this to. I DID NOT MAKE THIS EITHER SO DON'T ASK HOW I DID IT. I ALSO DON'T KNOW WHO DID.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
-AceKard2i User (1.4 Patched version)
-AK version 4.18
-Patched the Pokemon Soul Silver version (JPN)
-White Nintendo DSi system

Before "Violet City" the BUG Trainer, when going into battle, it kinda froze. The BG Music was still there however the pokeball kept spinning. And now after still playing when I was looking into my inventory and exit it, my character is left in a saving position lol, but I can still control him. But after saving again, he is back to normal.

Overall this patch is okay, there are a few minor glitches but overall it's a good patch that allows me to play the game. I would recommend people to save after each battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1