ROM Hack Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Mods

OddShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
jetriscon said:
I'm a noob regarding these patches... with these patches applied; can you still like... interact normally with wifi? like it's still considered an SS/HG (U) version?
It's only modify what it does (Evolution Mod changes only evolutions for example) BUT pokemon evolved from this mod (ex: Golem) will NOT be totally legal cause he wasn't traded.
Same for No Exclusives, pokemons who aren't supposed to be in your version will not be legal neither.

But I think it just poses problems for trade, not for battles and you still try to change that with pokesav.

QUOTE(desrone @ Mar 31 2010, 02:09 PM) Just to make sure, this patch will also remove the ap for the R4 right? or is R4 still hopeless for a patch? (I've stopped following the ap progress weeks ago, don't even know if they have released an ap for r4 yet)
If you have the US/EU game, you can use the pack who contains all the mods AND the AP Fix by Rudolph.
Or else you must patch your rom with the AP Fix included (with a clean rom) and then apply mods you want with NitroExplorer
wink.gif

OddShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
dukemagus said:
aout the legal part... can you just make it a "traded" pokemon using pokesav?
Yeah, but you should also change the hometown and met place (not supported by pokesav for now) and the trainer id/name.
And there he will be legal.

Dark Held

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OddShadow said:
dukemagus said:
Yeah, but you should also change the hometown and met place (not supported by pokesav for now) and the trainer id/name.

I can change those options and in the game it's ok O.o

OddShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dark Held said:
OddShadow said:
dukemagus said:

I can change those options and in the game it's ok O.o
Oh yeah it's true, there is no need to put a met place cause it is supposed to be traded...
rolleyes.gif

So you just need to change the trainer id/name, the hometown (if it's an exclusive Pokemon) and set the met place to none, and it should work on Wi-fi.

QUOTE(Stevetry @ Mar 31 2010, 06:55 PM)
weres the file i need to replace i load the rom but i dont know what file to replace i want to use the evolution mod

You must go to a \ 0 \ 3 and replace the file "4".

Trukkle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great stuff, used the No Trade Evolution and No Exclusives patches on both HG and SS. Will report back with any problems.

loserkidsblink18

Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
A question regarding the legality of the evolved trading pokemon..

Usually, let's say if I needed my Kadabra to evolve, all I would do is trade him to a friend's copy and trade him right back, keeping his "Met at" details and OT ID the same. Wouldn't everything still look legit if he evolved in my copy? I thought the "met at" details only listed where the original Pokemon was captured or received.

And for the "no exclusives" mod, the Pokemon are still at the route they would be in the opposite game.. and I thought the save files weren't discriminate towards either copy of the game. So wouldn't everything look completely natural?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm really wondering. I'm just now starting to catch on to all of these Pokedetails.
blink.gif

OddShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
loserkidsblink182 said:
A question regarding the legality of the evolved trading pokemon..

Usually, let's say if I needed my Kadabra to evolve, all I would do is trade him to a friend's copy and trade him right back, keeping his "Met at" details and OT ID the same. Wouldn't everything still look legit if he evolved in my copy? I thought the "met at" details only listed where the original Pokemon was captured or received.
Actually, when you wil receive your Alakazam, the game will not keep the met place and will normally just say the region where he comes from.

QUOTE(loserkidsblink182 @ Mar 31 2010, 09:07 PM) And for the "no exclusives" mod, the Pokemon are still at the route they would be in the opposite game.. and I thought the save files weren't discriminate towards either copy of the game. So wouldn't everything look completely natural?
You forgot the hometown who specifies with which version you got the pokemon (ex : Johto (HeartGold)).

OddShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, the beta test goes pretty well, I didn't had to change many things.
I had just need more training so you can play it and use rebattle trainer cheat for now.
By the way, I will soon finish to test Johto so I will can upload next beta and also a version of "No Exclusives" for Soul Silver.

hidden bump ^^

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks! The evolution mod and not exclusive mods will be very useful, I never liked how you are forced to trade to complete the dex. You could also make a patch so that the event-exclusive legendaries (like arceus in diamond/pearl) could be found in some way (for example if you beat the league for the third time you get the item needed to get mew, or something like that)

btw, does anyone if these patches are compatible with the "Pokemon SoulSilver & HeartGold AP+language patch"? If they are, do I apply them before or after applying the language patch?

OddShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
davidsl_128 said:
btw, does anyone if these patches are compatible with the "Pokemon SoulSilver & HeartGold AP+language patch"? If they are, do I apply them before or after applying the language patch?
The pack who contains all mods is only compatible with clean roms, but if you apply mods with NitroExplorer, you can use any patched rom.
All you have to do is patch your rom with AP fix or AP fix+Translation patch and THEN use NitroExplorer for apply mods you want.

OddShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thekook said:
i want to edit the trainers and all that stuff too, which software can i use to do that?
To start, you can try PPRE, it's still in beta but some functions like editing trainers works well.

QUOTE(GundamXXX @ Apr 13 2010, 10:41 AM) Maybe you can implement that all pokemon are catchable?
happy.gif
With Non Exclusives mod, you can already catch almost all Pokemon :
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver...btainable.shtml
Except legendaries and events Pokemon, it only remains 4th gen starters and some Pokemon but I will put them in the next version
wink.gif

By the way, I stopped playing for now so I can't balance Expert Mod but, in the meantime, I will release others mods soon :
  • No Exclusives Mod : I added Safari and Pokewalker exclusives on some locations (wild and swarm)
  • Player Mod : It replaces Ethan/Lyra by Riley/Marley. Maybe I will do the same for the rival.
Otherwise yesterday I tried to replace Togepi/Togetic by Zorua/Zoroark, I did everything except sprites (and cry).
But when I replace Togepi's sprite with PokeDS/Pic, save the narc and then reload the sprite , Zorua becomes static
wtf.gif

I don't even know what I did wrong
hate2.gif

OddShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Kasumi Yawa said:
omfg that's fucking amazing ! :|
I will test it right now on my Supercard !
QUOTE(raiy0 @ Apr 13 2010, 11:43 AM) Ty for this OddShadow i adore the whole pack of the mods. Finnaly the game is more challenging. Keep it up.
yay.gif
Thx !

Besides, if you have any ideas or suggestions, you can share them
wink.gif

zuu25487

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you happens to put more pokemon into the game, then can you make another mod for it?
Too many uber starter will ruin the game somehow...

About the expert mod, i suggest you to make it as hard as possible, like a harecore mod. Love challenge!!!

OddShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
zuu25487 said:
If you happens to put more pokemon into the game, then can you make another mod for it?
Too many uber starter will ruin the game somehow...
By uber starters, you mean Safari Pokemon like Gible and Riolu ?
If so, I made sure that they are quite rare (5~10%) so you will certainly need luck to find them, like all safari exclusives.

QUOTEAbout the expert mod, i suggest you to make it as hard as possible, like a harecore mod. Love challenge!!!

That's the goal ! With this mod, the game becomes more challenging and you need a real strategy to beat Gym Leaders. But the game isn't too hard thus you don't need too much training
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~