Gaming Pokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver Chat Thread

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thegame07 said:
Hazard7 said:
Still waiting for UK or EUR version of the games.
frown.gif
It already out yesterday and there is no news on that.

It's the exact same as the USA version theres no need to wait for it to be dumped, it's basically a clone even the AR cheats work with it(the game code is diffrent though). I really don't see the point in not using the U version.
pal park?
unfortunately even on games with international multiplayer functions they put some kind of region lock.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tl;dr version at the bottom

So, is anyone else having freezing problems with AKAIO 1.6RC1?
The freezes weren't that frequent before, but now they appear every 2 minutes.

Before even the Safari Zone, it didn't freeze much. Just twice between the beginning and the 6th gym. That's two freezes over the course of 48 hours of gameplay for me. That's not a lot and very tolerable. These two freezes were strange, though. When I went back to the DSi menu, it said that there was no DS card inserted. I tried cleaning the contacts and didn't have any trouble from those kind of freezes anymore, luckily. But these two freezes aren't the problem for me. No...

...When I finally got to the Safari Zone, I had two freezes in about 30 minutes or so. Both during the encounter of a wild Pokémon. You see the battle scene and The Main Character and the wild Pokémon slide into view. The wild Pokémon makes his battle cry and the text "A wild POKÉMON appeared!" is displayed. Then it just stops. The music still plays, though.

I've just ignored those two freezes and went on playing. After the Safari Zone I took on the 7th gym. And now the freezes are out of control. I've just beaten the 7th gym...
And I am now busy with the mission where Team Rocket has taken over the Radio Tower and it has frozen 4 times on this mission already! All during battles with other trainers. 2 with Rocket Grunts (And it's the same as the previous freezes. Both trainers slide into view and then it freezes) and 2 with Rocket Executives. With Rocket Executives, it freezes when this big red R appears on screen with the face of the Executive.

Anyway, I want to know if I'm doing something wrong with my game or if anyone else is experiencing this many freezes at this point in the game with an Acekard 2i and AKAIO 1.6RC1. Also, I'm playing SoulSilver.

---
tl;dr
I'm playing SoulSilver with an Acekard 2i loaded with AKAIO 1.6RC1. I used to have little to no freezes, but after having beat the 7th gym, I get freezes about every 2 minutes. Anyone else having problems with the same setup?

` regret .

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can anybody recommended a team? I've never played competitive but I plan to.
I need a play through party + a competitive. If you can please include move sets, and what to EV train.
All I've got set for now is

Arcanine
(red?)Gyrados

I'll be playing a retail cart with PokeWalker

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Satangel said:
Just arrived in Ecruteak City now, loving the game! Just feels like the old days, I'm so glad I'm hooked again on my DS
wub.gif

Also, I now have 2 Flaffy's, exactly the same level, but other gender.
And when I compared their stats, they were different! I really don't understand how it works, same level, catched at the same place at the same level and trained them the same way, and still, one has more HP but lesser stats, other has less HP but better stats.
That's probably the infamous EV?
How is it possible the other one has better stats?

Also, I let them breed and an egg came out. I'm wondering now, will that Pokemon be stronger in the long end?
And which attacks will it have? A mix of it's parents?
Sorry, really a noob on breeding and EV things
smile.gif

IVs and Natures bro.

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JBW said:
I only just completed the first gym, my team is
Totodile at lvl 15
Geodude at lvl 14
Bellsprout Lvl 10
and pidgey lvl 8
kakuna lvl 6
training bellsprout pidgey and kakuna atm
any recommendations for pokemon to add to my team that i can get where i am in the game?

Get rid of kakuna and catch a mareep just outside of the first gym town (lmao forget the name, never payed attention to the city names) Beedrill is useless IMHO, only bug pokemon i ever found usefull are Butterfree/Scyther/Scizzor and maybe a few new ones from the newer games but i cant remember any of their names, lol, but your team is pretty close to mine hahaha

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, even stranger now. When I close my DSi, the game goes into and out of sleep mode periodically. So, it's on and a second later it's in sleep mode. Another second later, it's on again and then a second later it's off again. Repeat.

What is going on here!?

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Damn I´m totaly hooked up on the Pokewalker.. Haven´t even got the first badge but my first Box full of mostly all different pkmn from the Walker, spend the last 2 Days just to run the routes and catch every Pokemon that is there, got allready everyone until Dim Cave and now I´m saving Watts for Blue Lake.
But now I got a question about the routes after Town Outskirts, they seem to be out of Johto, so will I need the 2. Pokedex before I can run on them and catch new pokemon, or can I just go on as I am right now?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heh, when I saw you type "2." I knew you were German. Er, in any case...
Yeah, you need the National Dex before you will unlock any more routes after Town Outskirts.
I think you can still keep saving Watts, though. It just means they won't be unlocked until after you have the National Dex. So, you can save 100 000 Watts, and all courses will be unlocked at once when you get the Nat Dex.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, i just beat the pokemon league for the first time my team was:

Feraligator - lvl 57
Lugia - lvl 52
Red Gyrados - lvl 32
Sudowoodo - lvl 32
Togetic - lvl 33
Krabby - lvl 21 (HM Pokemon)

As you can image I only used Feraligator and Lugia mainly and Gyrados, Togetic a few times

had no touble at all

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You got the at the 2.? And I thought the german flag right from my post would give it away
wink.gif

Anyway, thanks for the information, so I´m gonna play the actual game some more when I got all the pkmn I can catch without the National Dex
smile.gif

Gotta say the hardest Course was Suburban Area, as you can´t see if the Magnemite you just encountered is from Group A or B, took me quite some time to determine if should go on for Elekid or have to restart :/

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SirCB85 said:
You got the at the 2.? And I thought the german flag right from my post would give it away
wink.gif

Anyway, thanks for the information, so I´m gonna play the actual game some more when I got all the pkmn I can catch without the National Dex
smile.gif

Gotta say the hardest Course was Suburban Area, as you can´t see if the Magnemite you just encountered is from Group A or B, took me quite some time to determine if should go on for Elekid or have to restart :/
Yeah, I only look at the Avatar. I don't look at the flag or the username actually =P
Of course when I saw "2.", I checked your flag and confirmed my thoughts =)

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hehe, thats one way to do it
smile.gif

Another question got to my mind, does anyone know if I have to have the National Dex to unlock the Spezial Courses like Night Sky’s Edge or Yellow Forest? Well I think until April I could have it, but I could get Night Sky’s Edge pretty soon since I just have to sent Jirachi to my game.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DreamTrooper said:
JBW said:
I only just completed the first gym, my team is
Totodile at lvl 15
Geodude at lvl 14
Bellsprout Lvl 10
and pidgey lvl 8
kakuna lvl 6
training bellsprout pidgey and kakuna atm
any recommendations for pokemon to add to my team that i can get where i am in the game?

Get rid of kakuna and catch a mareep just outside of the first gym town (lmao forget the name, never payed attention to the city names) Beedrill is useless IMHO, only bug pokemon i ever found usefull are Butterfree/Scyther/Scizzor and maybe a few new ones from the newer games but i cant remember any of their names, lol, but your team is pretty close to mine hahaha

From what I've seen, probably only Scizor and Heracross are popular as bug types.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As far as I know, you don't need the National Dex to be able to unlock the Special Courses. However, I have nothing to confirm or back up that claim. Just my own guess.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Wahaha, I've just realized that my FireRed has A LOT of rare Pokemon in it, so I migrated some of em.
What I migrated:
Torchic
Treecko
Squirtle
Charizard

Groudon
Rayquaza

You know what the bolded parts mean... I'LL BE ABLE TO GET ALL OF THE 1st and 3rd gen starters! I just need to choose Bulbasaur for my Kanto starter and Mudkip for my Hoenn starter. But I guess I'm stuck with only Typhlosion for 2nd gen. D:

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just wondering if anybody else has this pattern...
I am aware that the time your DS is set to affects the game, like if it's day or night and therefore what Pokemon appear. Well, mine is kinda weird. My DS time is set correctly. But for some reason, when it is 3:00 PM and daytime in England, its night in the game, and when its 11:00 PM and night, its day in the game. I am 100% sure my time is set correctly.

radders248

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone think its cheating if i use my bros copy of HG to get all three starter pokemon on my SS? Iv done this since Blue and red, and always had a team of:

The 3 starting pokemon, Pikachu/Flaafy, Abra and Geodude, raised throughoutt the game

Always thought that was a pretty good team

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
radders248 said:
Does anyone think its cheating if i use my bros copy of HG to get all three starter pokemon on my SS? Iv done this since Blue and red, and always had a team of:

The 3 starting pokemon, Pikachu/Flaafy, Abra and Geodude, raised throughoutt the game

Always thought that was a pretty good team
It's not cheating, it's just legit trading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY