ROM Hack Pokémon Hack Screening Thread

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you want... less... pokemon in a game that's about catching them all. Interesting...:wacko:
:lol: yeah I know it sounds backwards but hear me out. I want to play the remake without all the new pokemon in Kanto, so its closer to a faithful remake. I know its weird, but does that make sense?

If I cant seem to find something like this I might consider trying to make a little rom hack myself.
-Gens 1 and 2 only, Jhoto probably wouldn't really need to be touched all that much
-add in missing pokemon (depending on the version)
-modify pokemon that evolve in trades
-remove all post gen 1 and 2 pokemon from Kanto
-increase level's of wild pokemon and trainers to appropriate amounts so you cant just breeze through the second half of the game.

Reactions: Ryccardo and cearp

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I finished your game on GBA and I can say that it was one of the best Pokemon hack I ever played. ^^ The only bad point was that the second region was quite short compared to the first one.
One year late but yolo, Mikelan98 WAS NOT the original creator of Pokemon Light Platinum, he's just doing the Remake on his own after receiving permission from WesleyFG, who actually made the original HackROM.

Reactions: Claros

Claros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
One year late but yolo, Mikelan98 WAS NOT the original creator of Pokemon Light Platinum, he's just doing the Remake on his own after receiving permission from WesleyFG, who actually made the original HackROM.
At least you fixed my mistake :rofl:

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
(help)
Hello there,
I am making HGSS rom hack to try remaking FRLG (I modding Silver Blue). You will start as Red in Kanto (just gen I pokemon!), do the main plot, access some area in Johto featuring Sevii Islands events. It'll contain 263 pokemon: all gen I & II pokemon(251), Heonn starters (9),Azurill & Wynaut (2) Deoxys (was "obtainable" in original FRLG) + 3 Kanto Starters Mega evulotions (and maybe weather trio?).
Now I'm working on sprites editing: Changing Karen's battle sprite to Agatha battle sprite, changing Will's battle spite to Lorelei battle spite, Janine's to Koga's and etc...
I'm following KazoWar's guide .

so I need some help:
1)I can't find where Will's and Red's battle spite located in ROM (I guess in /a/0/5/8, but I can't find Will, and as I modding Silver Blue, Red in Mt.silver is replaced by Blue)
2)I can just find one rgcn sprite which contain 2 frames(?) for animated sprites, which have 3 frames(?)
3)Two Koga Sprites? (one 8_549.rgcn, second 8_449.rgcn) in /a/0/5/8
4)mugshots - I want to edit and swap mugshots of the following chatacters: Blue,Rival,Red, Koga, Janine, Giovanni, Will and Karen. I read mugshots located at /a/1/0/9 but I don't know how to read that format (I know Tinke can read it, but I don't know how) and where the sprites for each mugshot are located.

Thanks, I hope this is the right place and sorry for bad English.

edit: Is there any guides/resources for script hacking? I can't find any of them, can someone give a link please?

Last edited by the assaf,

ShinyArceusRules50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently working on a hack
of Emerald called Pokémon Emerald Plus. Emerald plus won't have much different from the original Emerald except the Pokedex entries are all changed to be funny or realistic. You can also catch all version exclusive Pokémon and you can get all mythicals, either by having the items needed to catch them handed to you easily (Old sea map, Eon ticket are easily avalible) and special areas (Which I will add eventually but will need advice on how to script them). You can also catch more kinds of Pokémon that you couldn't normally get in Emerald (Larvitar, Miltank, Hoothoot, Gen 1 starters and Gen 2 starters, among others, are in the wild to be caught). Also, all trade evolutions evolve by level-up, AND your typical "beginning of game" Pokémon like Zigzagoon or Poocheyena are less likely to be caught in favor of new "beginning" Pokémon (you can catch Medititite, Hoothoot, and Bagon before the first gym battle). This is basically a upgraded version of Emerald that I haven't done much work on (about one third of the Pokedex is done and Im not done with adding the new exotic Pokémon). I don't really need anyone to script it for me, but I would like some pointers or something. I don't have any screenshots as of now, but sometime I will.

Last edited by ShinyArceusRules50,

Ryan Parrott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a question about ROM hacks in general. I had an idea for a pokemon ROM hack that I would just be making out of my own interest. It wouldn't be something I would regularly updating or even really distributing. It's really just a project for myself. I want to string all the regions together, starting with generation one and ending with generation five. I don't really know how to do any of this, so it's going to take a lot of learning for me, which is okay :lol: My question is, is it possible to make? I don't plan on putting it on a cartridge or anything, just playing it off an emulator on my computer. Will the size of it be an issue? Also, because I don't really know what game to use as a base for sprites and tiles, which one should I use? All these games are so different, would I be better off redesigning all the sprites and tiles from scratch to keep everything constant? I look forward to hearing some advice from someone more knowledgeable then me.

Thanks!

brtatu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could you change the "Pokémon Silver Blue" topic to "Pokémon Silver Blue & Yellow" please? Thanks!

imyeongjun

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
nds 물론을 편집하는 방법을 모르겠습니다
편집> 게임 아이콘 표시 (S)
클릭하면 게임 키트가 표시 만 그림은 이상합니다.

nds 파일 시스템 정보에는 bin 파일 만 있습니다.
FSI.CT / ?????. bin
FSI.CT / overlay9 _ ???. bin]
(숫자가 있습니다) ?? _ ???. bin
bg _ ???. bin (???는 숫자 임)
dora_bn.nbfc
dora_bn.nbfp
dum_2nd_mission_esc ...
end0_duimmy.bin
end1_dummy.bin
epilogue.bin
font_ds_jp.bin
폰트_...
st ????. bin
text_ev ???? _ jp.bin
title.bin
사이렌 14 / ????. s14

타일 주소와 팔레트를 찾는 방법을 알려주십시오

Attachments

• 새 폴더.zip
    132.2 KB · Views: 269
Last edited by imyeongjun,

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I dunno where to ask this exactly, but is there an AR code for HeartGold that puts all 16 Gym Leaders in the Saffron City Fighting Dojo? I haven't been able to find one, and having to call each Leader to arrange rematches (which requires calling at specific time periods on specific days, for each) is a real pain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?