Pokémon franchise has earned over $2.5 billion on mobile

10609504-B216-4E36-8CF4-97BD95467484.jpeg

The Pokémon series is undoubtably popular, especially so on mobile platforms, according to some new data from Sensor Tower. The info-tracking site has revealed that players have spent a whopping 2.5 billion dollars on purchases in various Pokémon mobile games. This data is pulled from six apps: Pokémon Duel, Pokémon Quest, Pokémon TCG Online, Pokémon Shuffle Mobile, Pokemon: Magikarp Jump, and of course, the most popular of the bunch, Pokémon Go. A majority of the amount spent, $2.45 billion, comes from the aforementioned title, with Pokémon Shuffle Mobile ranking in at second place, by pulling around $25 million. Total app downloads for the series have reached almost 640 million throughout the past five years. Sensor Tower’s report also shows that players in the United States spent the most, 35%, with Japan trailing close behind, comprising 29% of the total.

:arrow: Source

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Although this news is good for business but in reality game developers will turn there attention away from creating console games and turn towards mobile to increase revenue & keep shareholders happy. Seems loot boxes are more popular & profitable in mobile games. This is bad.

Reactions: Hydr8gon

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't know there is a TCG Pokemon game for Smartphone oO just looked it up and it looks nice but not available for my device or country? -.-V
Well I would prefer if they invest more money in the Core series (happily awaiting Sword and Shiled) but well whatever.
pkmntcgo is for tablet and ipad , but it works on phone . you can download the apk through google.com on android tho since it is free. (use of the brain mendatory )

Last edited by 1NOOB,

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. A full-fledged pokemon mobile game would be nice. I know people are all "uhehucchuee mobile games are for idiots!!1!" but, if a pokemon game would be put on mobile, and it'd look like sword and shield, shit would be nice.

Imagine instead of phone sex, you can have pokemon battles just by saying it.

It'd be stupid but fun in a way. I would think so anyway.

Jimf14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo might as well just do it right now and go full mobile. they already failed with the switch with it's nothing but ports and nindies. and it only took 2 years to full hack it wide open and it's laughable online service that only offers two shitty nes games a month :lol:
remind me to never consider your opinions ever again

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remind me to never consider your opinions ever again

Oh I'm with you on that, he's just a Nintendo hater, either that, or Sony's paying him to disparage them. Some men just want to see the world burn :lol: XD

I don't know. A full-fledged pokemon mobile game would be nice. I know people are all "uhehucchuee mobile games are for idiots!!1!" but, if a pokemon game would be put on mobile, and it'd look like sword and shield, shit would be nice.

Imagine instead of phone sex, you can have pokemon battles just by saying it.

It'd be stupid but fun in a way. I would think so anyway.

I'd like to see a mobile Pokemon game without that stupid Go gimmick, you know, encountering them, battling them, THEN capturing them like in the GB/GBA games. Is that so hard to do?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good for them I guess, but I never got into the Pokemon Go craze, not a fan of AR.

There's applications for it, but I just don't see it taking off until we get something that replaces, say, both your phone and smart watch. The best thing I could see happening would be to use glasses to replace them. You know how Baby Boomers will complain that Millennials and Zoomers (or just whoever of the next generation, really) will be looking at their phones all the time? This would let them focus on the person and do stuff at the same time while not avoiding eye contact if you know what you're doing. I'm not sure how it would interface exactly, but Steve Jobs-types know how to solve that problem and have a lot more money than you and I do.

Imagine if you could have Google Maps act like the navigation in Batman Arkham Knight with the Batmobile when you needed it to go somewhere or just to move through the city quickly for whatever reason (the thing would go real fast from what I remember), or having it display the time on your HUD in addition to having an Airpod-caliber ability to listen to music and not listen to music and be able to hear what people are saying when not blasting the song with no weakness over your ears?

All I can say is, I am more excited for AR than I am VR. Hell, I'm excited for the future of technology that isn't DRM, making games distribution a service, the ramifications of AI's becoming more advanced until Judgement Day, the idea of governments mandating people being chipped in the future...

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's not the only way they've earned the dosh on Poke Go either - I know McDonalds Japan paid them to have their restaurants as gyms (Link, and although there isn't exact figures there it's quite clear they were paid A Lot)
Plus others like Starbucks in the US.... clearly it's not been a disaster for the companies involved financially! :lol:

Personally I love Pokemon Go, it's a great companion app on the work commute. And I'm also happy it's different enough to the main series, long may it stay like that too: spin n flick a few balls at them/try to crack my phone screen on pvp on the way home from the train station, then catch/battle with em the proper way while sat at home chilling - perfick! ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1