pokemon emerald vc 3ds save corrupted after elite four any fix?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Flame, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Flame
    OP

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    so i beat the champ and when the game started again i got this message:

"the save file has been erased due to corruption or damage." and you can start a new game, no save or anything.

so is they a fix for this?

i feel so angry right now.

please hear my pray Arceus!

2. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Well if you mean recover your save, I doubt it without a backup. To prevent these from happening, my only suggestion is to make a dump of your save using decrypt 9 or godmode9 every once in a while. It probably has something to do with altering the save format.

Flame likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Flame likes this.
  4. Saphiredurf

Saphiredurf Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2015
    United States
    That's a lovely explanation of it! Is there anyway to patch a rom for AGB_FIRM now that you know of that may allow you to defeat the champion without corrupting your save?

Also a sidenote for other people in the middle of a Pokemon game right now or getting ready to start one and who own a New 3DS, don't forget about the gPSP retroarch core. It runs GBA games relatively well (as long as you add a frame delay of 1) and has support for 1M saves (what the Pokemon games use). You won't get as accurate of an experience as you would on AGB_FIRM (since AGB_FIRM literally takes advantage of a GBA processor to run), but it still definitely does the job (and gives you save states and the likes!).

EDIT: Nevermind noticed this patch here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-emerald-real-512kb-flash-memory-patch.468216/ that Ryccardo linked haha. Does anyone know if this is available for RS or FR/LG?

Last edited by Saphiredurf, Jul 21, 2017
    Flame likes this.
  5. Flame
    OP

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    i cry a tim

thats like 80 plus hours gone to waste... DAMN YOU DIALGA !