kepohe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

My son started a game of leaf green pokemon on an original cartridge on Gameboy Advance SP.
I have dumped the rom and backed up to PC via a tool. I created a CIA with the rom via NSUI.
I installed the CIA on the 3DS. I launched the game and made a save.
I replaced save on 3DS with Godmod9.
When I launch the game, I get a message telling me that the save has been erased and the game starts a new game.
How to make save backup working please?

THANKS.

x-clover-x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does it have to be a CIA? If you have twilight ++ menu you can put the GBA rom in to the file and the save file into the save folder and then access the game through the twilight menu. Unfortunately there are no GBA forwarders like the NDS one that I can find

Apparently there is talk of a god mode script that can inject the GBA save file into the CIA but I don't know anything about it. It might be a lead if you want to look into it though. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Edit:
It seems like you can do it through JKMS take a look at this thread it might be helpful:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/inject-gba-cart-to-3ds-virtual-console.624836/

Last edited by x-clover-x,

ppivotiiii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How did you dump the save? Maybe whatever tool you used messed with the byte order or something. Try converting the save with this tool and try injecting it again. If that doesn't work maybe take a look at GBAVCSM, because I am not sure if injecting an EEPROM save is as straightforward as a regular one.

Reactions: x-clover-x

x-clover-x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How did you dump the save? Maybe whatever tool you used messed with the byte order or something. Try converting the save with this tool and try injecting it again. If that doesn't work maybe take a look at GBAVCSM, because I am not sure if injecting an EEPROM save is as straightforward as a regular one.
Taking note of this for future use. Thank you for linking cause I couldn't find it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...