Hacking Getting Advance Wars to work on 3DS

duncandraw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m still not able to get Advance Wars to work on my modded N3DS. From what I’ve read, Advance Wars is an older game that uses a unique saving method that prevents it from playing nicely with the NSUI tool. When launched on my N3DS, the game just hangs on a white screen and doesn’t load any further.
  • I’ve tried both USA and EU versions of the Advance Wars rom
  • Enabled and disabled the sleep patch
  • Tried VC, mGBA and Gp SP
  • Tried multiple rom save types, but not all yet
Model: N3DS
System version: 11.17.0-50U

Has anyone found a successful combination?

Nezha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m still not able to get Advance Wars to work on my modded N3DS. From what I’ve read, Advance Wars is an older game that uses a unique saving method that prevents it from playing nicely with the NSUI tool. When launched on my N3DS, the game just hangs on a white screen and doesn’t load any further.
  • I’ve tried both USA and EU versions of the Advance Wars rom
  • Enabled and disabled the sleep patch
  • Tried VC, mGBA and Gp SP
  • Tried multiple rom save types, but not all yet
Model: N3DS
System version: 11.17.0-50U

Has anyone found a successful combination?
Honestly? I used the Universal Injector to turn the the file directly into a .cia and that works fine for me. It can be pretty funky with emulating some games (Thracia comes to mind), but so far that's been consistently working for me.

Nezha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I presume that is what OP means by "VC".
Assumed as much, but considering GBA runs natively on 3DS and I've had to inject Advance Wars (and Black Hole Rising and Days of Ruin and etc.) and it's all run off plug and play. If this doesn't work, there's an error we're not being told. I think I need to know more about OP's device before any better advice can be given.

The research about the bad saving system with NSUI is new to me and completely absent in my own installations. Just for the sake of this post not being a "works for me lmao", I think I'd like to specifically ask what OP's step by step, in VC, of installing the game. Just to make sure it's not human error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto