Pokemon Direct - Pokemon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass and Rescue Team DX announced

Welcome to the Pokemon Direct. Are you excited to see what Nintendo and Game Freak have in store for the future of Pokemon? Let's find out what's planned for announcement in this new Nintendo Direct.

The first announcement is a remake of the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games from the GBA and DS, now in 3D. It's called Rescue Team DX. It'll release on March 6, 2020, and will come with a demo available after the Direct.

An expansion pass has been revealed for Pokemon Sword and Shield. This will allow for new adventures, at a cost, in the latest Pokemon games. Instead of saving this content for an updated re-release, the expansion pass will feature the re-addition of many older Pokemon, new costumes, brand new Pokemon, areas, and Gigantamax forms. This content will be split into two pieces: The Isle of Armor, due June 2020, and The Crown Tundra, due Fall 2020. There will be new places within these content packs, and they'll have unique differences between the Sword and Shield versions of the expansion, which are sold separately.

The Isle of Armor focuses on growth, where you'll allowed to challenge a new Pokemon Dojo. Kubfu is a new Pokemon, with its evolution, Urshifu. It has two different styles; it's either fighting/dark or fighting/water. The final evolutions of the starters will get Gigantamax forms, too.

Meanwhile, The Crown Tundra is about exploration. Calyrex is a new legendary Pokemon. There's new Pokemon Dens and older legendaries you can catch underground. There's also new unrevealed battle challenges to take on. More wild areas will be added.

Over 200 older Pokemon will be added back to the game in these expansion updates. Those who don't wish to buy the expansion pass will still be able to get the newly announced Pokemon via link trades, in a free update that'll be coming.

Pokemon Home is launching next month, but no other news is scheduled for it right now.

Galarian Slowpoke and certain Gigantamax forms will be more common, such as Lapras, in an update later today.

Pokemon Sword and Shield's Expansion Pass will each cost $29.99 per game for the Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra separately. You can pre-order them now.

If you own both games, you'll need to buy the Expansion Pass for both Sword and Shield seperately. Each game's DLC is $29.99, meaning if you play Sword, and buy its respective Expansion, it'll cost $29.99 to play the Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra.

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
They did it, the crazy bastards, they added old Pokemon as DLC :lol:

What a fucking slap in the face. GG Nintendo.

Will probably play the Mystery Dungeon remake though, I keep meaning to play the original GBA one but keep getting distracted with other stuff so maybe I'll play this?
Didn't they say that pokemon sword and shield will get free updates when both these expansions come out. Those updates would provide the ability to get the DLC pass (old pokemon) through "other means" (maybe more means other than obtaining them via trading). So basically we can receive the old pokemon through trading. Yes it sucks but I'd say something is better than nothing. However we should wait if those other means maybe refer to the wild area. However it still sucks since if i want to farm a specific pokemon with my OT on it and get some good stat pokemon.

Reactions: medoli900

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Didn't they say that pokemon sword and shield will get free updates when both these expansions come out. Those updates would provide the ability to get the DLC pass (old pokemon) through "other means" (maybe more means other than obtaining them via trading). So basically we can receive the old pokemon through trading. Yes it sucks but I'd say something is better than nothing. However we should wait if those other means maybe refer to the wild area. However it still sucks since if i want to farm a specific pokemon with my OT on it and get some good stat pokemon.
they clearly said through trading or importing from pokemon home, for instance if kingdra line gets added and on pokemon home you got a kingdra you can transfer it if you have the updates and not the dlc, but newer pokemons and forms like new legendary birds, legendarys and galarian forms only through trading they said so in the direct, still pyssed they cutted mega evos for this crap gigantamax that is even more broken since you can do it at any pokemon after it has some stats and their hp boost and boosted attacs just make it easier any pokemon can sweep a team.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DLC is just that - downloadable content. It won't magically disappear from your console once Nintendo closes support for Switch servers, and it's not dependent on always-online connectivity either. You're probably confusing it with live service games.
Nobody is confused here except you. You need to download "downloadable content" from a server, genius. It won't magically disappear from your console, it will magically disappear from Nintendo's servers when they stop supporting the console in which case good luck ever getting the software you paid for ever again.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Nobody is confused here except you. You need to download "downloadable content" from a server, genius. It won't magically disappear from your console, it will magically disappear from Nintendo's servers when they stop supporting the console in which case good luck ever getting the software you paid for ever again.
That's.. a petty thing to be pissed about. The content won't be permanently available because that's the nature of digital distribution as a whole, and not just "Nintendo/Game Freak bad" - may as well lash out at indie developers. You also have years and years in advance to download the thing - and even if you won't, by the time closure of Switch services will start, DLCs will be backed up to heck by all sorts of people, so preservation isn't a problem either. I can kinda see your point, but I fail to see a situation where it actually becomes a major problem; if anything, by that time you most likely won't have to pay for said DLCs to play them, with improving homebrew/emulation scene + Nintendo being way past care for people pirating decade-old games.

(Also, please take a chill. I think you're being way too confrontational)

Last edited by Pipistrele,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg