1. shado9573

shado9573 GBAtemp Regular

Pakistan
    Didn't they say that pokemon sword and shield will get free updates when both these expansions come out. Those updates would provide the ability to get the DLC pass (old pokemon) through "other means" (maybe more means other than obtaining them via trading). So basically we can receive the old pokemon through trading. Yes it sucks but I'd say something is better than nothing. However we should wait if those other means maybe refer to the wild area. However it still sucks since if i want to farm a specific pokemon with my OT on it and get some good stat pokemon.

medoli900 likes this.
  2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    they clearly said through trading or importing from pokemon home, for instance if kingdra line gets added and on pokemon home you got a kingdra you can transfer it if you have the updates and not the dlc, but newer pokemons and forms like new legendary birds, legendarys and galarian forms only through trading they said so in the direct, still pyssed they cutted mega evos for this crap gigantamax that is even more broken since you can do it at any pokemon after it has some stats and their hp boost and boosted attacs just make it easier any pokemon can sweep a team.

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  3. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

United States
    Nobody is confused here except you. You need to download "downloadable content" from a server, genius. It won't magically disappear from your console, it will magically disappear from Nintendo's servers when they stop supporting the console in which case good luck ever getting the software you paid for ever again.

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  4. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    That's.. a petty thing to be pissed about. The content won't be permanently available because that's the nature of digital distribution as a whole, and not just "Nintendo/Game Freak bad" - may as well lash out at indie developers. You also have years and years in advance to download the thing - and even if you won't, by the time closure of Switch services will start, DLCs will be backed up to heck by all sorts of people, so preservation isn't a problem either. I can kinda see your point, but I fail to see a situation where it actually becomes a major problem; if anything, by that time you most likely won't have to pay for said DLCs to play them, with improving homebrew/emulation scene + Nintendo being way past care for people pirating decade-old games.

(Also, please take a chill. I think you're being way too confrontational)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Expansion, announced, Pokemon