1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    atleast it would get a complete physical release without needing internet download xD, hopefully they release a complete sword/shield version after all dlc is released for 60, so if you bought sword you could get shield + shield dlc all in one go it would be preety good imo.

2. DJPlace

DJPlace The Hater of Sony Censor Ship!!

United States
    true it was more fun that way. it was like DLC before DLC became a thing.

3. MiiJack

MiiJack GBAtemp Regular

Madagascar
    Has anyone of you ever gone to a Pokemon event (I never did)? Imagine that the dlc is the fee to go to an event. It's not for everyone.

4. A hacked Soul

A hacked Soul Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Back in my day we had to buy both fire red and leaf green to complete our Ruby national deck! *shakes walking cane in the air*

5. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    has anyone tested lan play with the new update? I DON'T wan't my worst fear realized (removal of lan mode)

6. windmill

windmill Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'll stick to gen 5. This entire game just feels like a big ol' cash grab.

7. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Looks like I'm genning the Pokémon in once the expansions release. Paid DLC, for a game that's already shitty at a $60 USD price, no thanks.
    You can actually win money at tournaments (or you used to be able to, I heard a few years ago they were changing it to cover people's college tuition instead). Here you're paying for Pokémon that were removed from the game, and a couple new ones. I'll be happy if this replaces the third version/sequels they usually do. But they'll probably still be doing the third version anyway.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  8. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Apples to oranges.

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Yeah, not gonna support a company who makes up bullshit "we had to cut Pokemon due to models and animations being hard to make for 800 Pokemon", and
    then two months later decides to add them back in. What kind of lazy developers do they have working and why are people so quick to blindly defend them again?

10. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

United States
    The DLC is not going to fix the base game at all mind you, still butt ugly textures in the wild area and pop in, the online mode is worse then SUMO *and that was a joke in itself*. sure it was fun but it felt like buying expensive pizza and getting no toppings or drink with it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  11. Brigand

Brigand Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    I'm not too upset about the expansion pass. It's cheaper than buying a 3rd game which would normally have more features, which they definitely could have done. They had the chance to literally have the national dex as DLC, but instead they're adding it gradually along with extra stories and areas, and I can respect that far more than having to pay $3.99 for Squirtle's evolution line.

The Mystery Dungeon remake is cool, I noticed a playable Lucario in the trailer which means they may have added some more Pokemon instead of just doing a simple remake, which is nice. Am I the only one that isn't a huge fan of the art style though, at least outside of the dungeons?

12. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    Don't really have my panties in a bunch over a $30 expansion pass, that's pretty bog standard these days. If it only included the cut Pokemon that'd be one thing, but it seems to add quite a bit of content aside from that.

Never got around to playing the Mystery Dungeon games before, I'll have to check out the demo.

DANTENDO likes this.
  13. jesus96

jesus96 Pinkboi

Mexico
    Iwata didn't die for this......

DarthDub and Ace001 like this.
  14. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    thirty dollars for a single DLC?! for pokemon!?! for a SIXTY DOLLAR POKEMON GAME THAT ISN'T EVEN HALFWAY COMPLETE?!?!

Yeah, f that hot mess.

chartube12, DarthDub and AkiraKurusu like this.
  15. sonicvssilver22

sonicvssilver22 You're myself, I'm yourself

United States
    They didn’t pay attention to the Direct at all then, because it was explicitly stated that you wouldn’t be able to evolve the Slowpoke without the use of an item that’s in the expansions, one that evolves into Slowbro in the Isle of Armor and another one in the Crown Tundra that evolves it into Slowking.

chartube12 likes this.
  16. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Only patching in ~200 instead of ~400 Pokemon? Charging us $30 per DLC? Fuck that.
    Will this bring back missing moves, like Return and Hidden Power?

Also, Red/Blue Rescue Team had ALL 386 Pokemon in it, plus a Munchlax NPC. Will Rescue Team DX have all 890 Pokemon, or will it be like Gates to Infinity and be incredibly freaking disappointing?

17. MurraySkull

MurraySkull Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Agreed, $10 would have made MUCH more sense, given the amount of content compared to the base game. (the returning pokemon don't count, since they can transferred via HOME)

18. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    It's $30 for both DLC packs. Better than charging $60 for "Ultra Sword/Ultra Shield" at least.

19. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Australia
    As long as they eventually add the national dex list back in, I am content. I made my peace that they wouldn't listen until after the games were released anyway. Until then, I won't be buying the games.

As for PMD DX, I thought the artstyle looked nice. Seeing the promotional artwork style be fully realised in-game was like seeing Sugimori artstyle Eevee in XY.

DarthDub likes this.
  20. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

United States
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. :wub:

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Expansion, announced, Pokemon