ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Mochorro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I especially liked Burgh's Double Battle, and I think it's more difficult a Double Battle than a Single Battle. For example, The Electric and the Ground type leaders (don't remember their names, I only know their Spanish name) were far easier than Burgh and Lenora, especially the Electric-type one, who was the easiest. Burgh and Lenora beat me once, but I didn't have problems with the others, so in my opinion, you should keep the Double/Triple/Rotation battles.

Revolve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like I said, it's the only problem with the hack for me, which other than that is complete perfection, so please don't take this as a criticism of the whole cus it really isn't.

And yes like someone mentioned above me, I probably just needed to spam Audinos a bit more. I guess I just prefer single battles generally. Less strategic sure, but less opportunity for rage inducing stuff
smile.gif

Also, don't let the fact that someone, somewhere is going to disagree on a specific thing like this get to you, it's inevitable and chances are, like me, its the only thing they do dislike/disagree on.

So again, thank you for your effort and dedication
smile.gif

conannkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see nothing wrong with the Double/Triple battle. If anything, it makes the game really challenging and I really like that (Morimoto is so hard now that that bug have been fixed -.- lol). And Drayano, as other have said, this hack is your vision of how this game should be so other people's influences to the final products of this game should be limited. You can't please everybody.

Plus, with KazoWAR's tool, editing the trainers should be quite simple, so if anyone who dislike the Double/Triple Battle could easily modify it to their liking.

Drayano said:
- Problems with trainers having missing/extra Pokémon have been fixed.

Did you actually go through every trainers to fix this? If you did, you're really dedicated. There were a few trainers in Black City with Lv1 Pokemon in the previous version, but I just rebattled them and it seemed they have been fixed. Nice!

Thank so much for all your works and efforts, Dray.

socko25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can't seem to get the Liberty Ticket to work. I do everything that the guide says to do, but when I load my game up afterwards, my saved game is completely gone. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol you didn't have to make EVERY single boss a double battle, that's my only issue. You could have used variety with some.

Some be singles, some be doubles, some be triples, some be rotational, kinda like Light Black did

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
kidisnice87 said:
lol you didn't have to make EVERY single boss a double battle, that's my only issue. You could have used variety with some.

Some be singles, some be doubles, some be triples, some be rotational, kinda like Light Black did

As for most gym leaders played till now by me, there is 1 rotation, 2 doubles, and 2 singles if I'm not miscalculated. Clay and elesa were singles.
tongue.gif

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha yeah, there is a mix. As it stands at the moment for the initial fights:

Cilan/Cress/Chili - Rotation
Lenora - Double
Burgh - Double
Elesa - Single
Clay - Single
Skyla - Triple
Brycen - Double
Drayden - Rotation
Iris - Triple

The first round E4 are also all doubles, but the second is singles.

I'm thinking I might swap Drayden/Iris back to single, but I'll leave the rest since it fits in with the strategies I've given them. Iris' Kingdra/Dragonite might suffer a little bit in singles though.

But yeah, thanks for the support :3 Thing is Revolve, you actually aren't the only one to say about it. Admittedly while you and Wickerbasket are mostly the only ones outright saying you don't like the different battle types, pretty much every comment saying it's gotten too easy is to do with the battle types too.

Yet I can't help but extinguish the feeling half of it is just down to the teams people use anyway. IIRC flygon was saying a few pages back about it being easy but she was using a pretty damn good team, so... hard to cater for all audiences. You're right.

And nah conann, I just had to go through the rangers/breeders again and change the Pokemon numbers and I could only find one Black City trainer that had an error. It was a pretty simple task honestly.

As for the Liberty Ticket thing, I don't know why it'd delete your save file o_o; maybe the filenames became mismatched or something?

Revolve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Drayano said:
But yeah, thanks for the support :3 Thing is Revolve, you actually aren't the only one to say about it. Admittedly while you and Wickerbasket are mostly the only ones outright saying you don't like the different battle types, pretty much every comment saying it's gotten too easy is to do with the battle types too.

Yet I can't help but extinguish the feeling half of it is just down to the teams people use anyway. IIRC flygon was saying a few pages back about it being easy but she was using a pretty damn good team, so... hard to cater for all audiences. You're right.

Ah fair enough. I think it probably is team composition like, generally for the first few gyms (imo) people tend to use a patchwork team of whatever they could catch up to that point - unless they have specifically spent time planning every detail - until their chosen pokemon for that run are available. It's something I personally should get over for BB/VW
smile.gif

EDIT: Quick question, can you get to route 12 early on, or get a light ball anywhere else by any chance? I apologise if this has been asked previously.

pegleggregx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This hack was amazing to play but I am having problems finding TM79 Frost Breath in Volt White. I played through 3.01 and the documentation says it is in the Moor in place of a carbos. I didn't get it there and have no idea if it was moved or if there is any way for me to get it. It's been driving me crazy because i like to complete everything.

Anyone know?

socko25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Drayano said:
As for the Liberty Ticket thing, I don't know why it'd delete your save file o_o; maybe the filenames became mismatched or something?

I checked, but that wasn't the problem. Oh well, guess I'll just have to do without.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Revolve said:
Drayano said:

Ah fair enough. I think it probably is team composition like, generally for the first few gyms (imo) people tend to use a patchwork team of whatever they could catch up to that point - unless they have specifically spent time planning every detail - until their chosen pokemon for that run are available. It's something I personally should get over for BB/VW
smile.gif

EDIT: Quick question, can you get to route 12 early on, or get a light ball anywhere else by any chance? I apologise if this has been asked previously.

Both are a no unfortunately, I really should add the Light Ball earlier :x

QUOTE(pegleggregx @ Sep 2 2011, 11:49 PM)
This hack was amazing to play but I am having problems finding TM79 Frost Breath in Volt White. I played through 3.01 and the documentation says it is in the Moor in place of a carbos. I didn't get it there and have no idea if it was moved or if there is any way for me to get it. It's been driving me crazy because i like to complete everything.

Anyone know?

Judging by the fact I just went there to check and picked up a Soul Dew, I get the feeling something's been mixed around. Frost Breath might have ended up somewhere else entirely >>; I'll investigate

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick question.

If I decide at some point to go back to using my normal B/W Version, can I still use my BB/VW saves without screwing everything up?

I mean key item wise. It's sorta irrelivant since I assume Pokesav could patch that issue up real quick, but I was just curious.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay looks like I somehow put a Soul Dew in the Moor instead of Frost Breath. Absolutely no idea how I ended up doing that but whatever, I'll fix it shortly. Sorry >< You'll probably just have to use PokeSav or something to add it in now :/

As for the saves, that's actually a good question. Prior to V3 I would have given you a definite yes, but I'm not so sure now. You'll just have to try it :x

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Drayano said:
Okay looks like I somehow put a Soul Dew in the Moor instead of Frost Breath. Absolutely no idea how I ended up doing that but whatever, I'll fix it shortly. Sorry >< You'll probably just have to use PokeSav or something to add it in now :/

As for the saves, that's actually a good question. Prior to V3 I would have given you a definite yes, but I'm not so sure now. You'll just have to try it :x

Alrighty, I will be the sacrificial cat to try this out.

With me luck.

It looks like the Gracidia and the Super Rod are the only things that were changed in terms of Key Items, that and the XTransiver, which seems to work anyway and serve no useful purpose whatsoever. All of which can be Pokesav'd in

Report:

Everything seems fine in terms of Trainer Battles on Pokemon White, same with Wild Pokemon. I'm way early-in though so that might be a factor.

Black seems to be the same, nothing glitchy at all.

TM's are irrelivant both ways as I have used a Code to have all TM's (But not HMs) In both cases. I can Pokesav the missing items (XTrans, Gracidia, etc) in anyway.

So, I guess this answers my questions completely.

I'll probably play through BlazeBlack, but in terms of White, I'll move my save from VoltWhite into my normal White Version.

Anyway, great job on the hack. It's like taking EASY MODO! Pokemon white, to Hard Mode!

Even the Grunts are somewhat inteligent.

I have some disagreements and oppinions, which again are just disagreements and oppinions

N's All-Rotom Team: That just baffled me, it's not at all what I think he should have had, and it seemed rather silly and utterly pointless and bland. I'd replace it with this, and have him run it as a Trick Room team or something like that. We'll eventually see all of the Rotom Forms at some point anyway.

Rotom-Fridge
Porygon2 (Trace or Download)
Alakazam (Magic Guard)
Krokorok (Moxie)
Slowking (Regenerator)
Rhydon

Movesets are up to you.

Wailord should also not get Drizzle, and Volcarona should not get Drought, both are entirely broken in every sense of the manner. Although both make some sense, I fail to see how either one really benefits in the long run in-game. Besides, Volcarona could do with causing Burns, which is something that Drought cannot.

Give these Pokemon these abilities

Wailord = Water Viel/Thick Fat
Volcarona = Flame Body/Levitate
Snover and Abomasnow = Snow Warning/Ice Body (Soundproof is entirely useless IMHO on both, it should remain as it's Never Used DW ability)

As for the Gyms, I'd alter it just a little bit.

Cilan/Cress/Chili - Rotation (BlazeBlack), Triples (VoltWhite)
Lenora - Doubles
Burgh - Singles
Elesa - Doubles
Clay - Singles
Skyla - Triple
Brycen - Double
Drayden - Rotation
Iris - Triples

pegleggregx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also forgot to mention that instead of the professor giving TM60 she tries to give a second Hidden Power at 115 pokes seen. Not really a big problem, you can still get Quash in the subway.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nimbus said:
I have some disagreements and oppinions, which again are just disagreements and oppinions

N's All-Rotom Team: That just baffled me, it's not at all what I think he should have had, and it seemed rather silly and utterly pointless and bland. I'd replace it with this, and have him run it as a Trick Room team or something like that. We'll eventually see all of the Rotom Forms at some point anyway.

Rotom-Fridge
Porygon2 (Trace or Download)
Alakazam (Magic Guard)
Krokorok (Moxie)
Slowking (Regenerator)
Rhydon

Movesets are up to you.

I'll admit that was a bit of a gimmick, with the advent of V3 having actual alternate forms I thought it might be fun to abuse a bit. They were originally scheduled for an original trainer but I changed my mind afterwards since they make more of an impact on N. I'm probably not gonna budge on the Rotom team without more force. As it is, your suggested team doesn't really work since half of them aren't found anywhere near Chargestone Cave.

Wailord should also not get Drizzle, and Volcarona should not get Drought, both are entirely broken in every sense of the manner. Although both make some sense, I fail to see how either one really benefits in the long run in-game. Besides, Volcarona could do with causing Burns, which is something that Drought cannot.

Give these Pokemon these abilities

Wailord = Water Viel/Thick Fat
Volcarona = Flame Body/Levitate
Snover and Abomasnow = Snow Warning/Ice Body (Soundproof is entirely useless IMHO on both, it should remain as it's Never Used DW ability)

I don't really see Drizzle breaking Wailord to be honest, I mean it does have Water Spout but it's so slow too. Drought Volcarona is pretty damn powerful though, I agree, but there's just something about it I like. Sort of a final boss thing with Alder having one and all. Drought is certainly more reliable than Flame Body too; if it can crush everything then the burn isn't needed so much. It's a bit of a stupid counter-argument, but Volcarona is meant to be pretty strong after all. And Drizzle just works too well with the spout action of a whale for me to drop tbh. Also while I agree Soundproof is useless, it's probably still better than Ice Body since without Snow Warning, that is going to get used VERY rarely.

As for the Gyms, I'd alter it just a little bit.

Cilan/Cress/Chili - Rotation (BlazeBlack), Triples (VoltWhite) I've had this idea suggested a few times and I was considering doing it, although I do worry a triple might be a bit too strong for that point in the game :x
Lenora - Doubles
Burgh - Singles Burgh is doubles mainly because I wanted his Scolipede and Leavanny to be an equal level. Call me crazy but I can't stand two of them the same level in a single.
Elesa - Doubles Likewise, her Zebstrika is the only thing I really see as a main. Plus there's little I can do in the way of making Elesa particularly strong in double battles.
Clay - Singles
Skyla - Triple
Brycen - Double
Drayden - Rotation
Iris - Triples

The rest are the same as they are currently

QUOTE(pegleggregx @ Sep 3 2011, 01:26 AM) I also forgot to mention that instead of the professor giving TM60 she tries to give a second Hidden Power at 115 pokes seen. Not really a big problem, you can still get Quash in the subway.
Looks like I had the same problem Koops/Twanny did, fixed the file now and Frost Breath too.

Also I'm considering trying my hand at switching some of the music after seeing the progress they're making over in the gbatemp b/w thread. Unfortunately for me I'm probably gonna be hopeless at making anything sound good in the bw font >_

NoMoreFun

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you give Rattata/Raticate access to the Hone Claws TM in the next update? It makes sense and it would be a very easy way to make it a very decent pokemon.

Also you could give Elesa a Discharge+Lightning rod pair as a way of making it a formidable double battle (perhaps the rematch only). Light Ball Pikachu is a horrendously powerful pokemon in this game, so perhaps a Pikachu/Jolteon pair, or a Pikachu/Jolteon/Manectric triple (with Pikachu in the centre).

conannkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
with the advent of V3 having actual alternate forms I thought it might be fun to abuse a bit.

Wait, alternate forms are discovered? How would one change to the alternate form of a Trainer Pokemon? Does it have to do with the unknown value of said Pokemon in Kazo's editor?

QUOTE(Drayano @ Sep 2 2011, 06:04 PM) Likewise, her Zebstrika is the only thing I really see as a main. Plus there's little I can do in the way of making Elesa particularly strong in double battles.

Discharge + Lightning Rod + Motor Drive + Volt Absorb + Cell Battery. Damage all foe Pokemon + Attack/Speed/Healing boost is great, not to mention the 30% paralysis of Discharge. Your team would certainly have problems if you don't carry at least one Pokemon with Electric-immunity. One problem I see is that not all her Pokemon can have those abilities. Anyway, maybe take this into consideration.
Edit: Didn't see that NoMoreFun already suggested this strategy. Great mind think alike i guess
smile.gif

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I'll admit you two actually have pretty good Elesa ideas :x I totally forgot about Discharge, that might help a lot since it forces the AI to attack their partner with electricity. Hmm...

Well it's some byte in the trainer editor, but if you use neltazero's trainer editor instead then it's as easy as a little dropbox.

And I did not know those guys didn't learn Hone Claws, I'll definitely give them it o_o;

Also a question for you guys; do you prefer the names "Prism Gold and Storm Silver" or "Dawn Gold and Dusk Silver"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone