ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

horror87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
umm im trying to patch it but i cant find the xDelta thing you are talking about? i tried using the UPS but it just comes up with this error when im trying to patch it :

Failed! Input checksum is invalid.

what does this mean? sorry ive read thru the posts but i cant find anything about that

Thanks

neltazero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Drayano

In the Readme - Versions, you mentioned these features:

* 606 Pokémon, with normally non-catchable legendaries excluded.
* Edits to Wild Pokémon around the region.
* Edits to every trainer around the region, without using any additions from the normal version.
* Edited levels for one-time encounters.
* Black City trainers having _regular_ Pokémon.
* Edited trade evolutions to allow for all Pokémon to evolve without trading.

Can I know, for the clean normal version:

1) is the level curve edited or is it the same as the normal Black/White?
2) do the pokemon has the chance to have DreamWorld abilities?
3) is there any change on the attacks (such as PP, accuracy, etc)?

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mothman said:
yep.

did't he make 2 versions

clean and normal

then

legendary and no legendaries.
Clean Legend and Normal legend, yes.
But looking at it from a game maker/modders point of view, there are no clean edits
wink.gif

Not sure why it's called clean lol the Game ID is different, which is what I was referring to.

Drayano, for the time being it might help the TTDS users to just go ahead and use that WoodTT.
If you wanna add it to the topic go for it. As always you know I don't mind... and I'm sure the creators wouldn't care either, of course, since it was a public release

QUOTE(horror87 @ May 5 2011, 09:43 PM) umm im trying to patch it but i cant find the xDelta thing you are talking about? i tried using the UPS but it just comes up with this error when im trying to patch it :

Failed! Input checksum is invalid.

what does this mean? sorry ive read thru the posts but i cant find anything about that

Thanks
This is what you're looking for?

horror87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
doesnt seem to work.. when i try doing it in the dos cmd all it says is taht this has too many filenames or something??

and when i click on the xdeltaUI it opens up but it doesnt patch anything an error comes up saying invalid input?? man this looks soo good but its just not working for me
frown.gif

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hatchet: Yeah, I'll add it in.
nelta: In order of your questions: Yes (it's edited), No, No.
horror: With any luck what's below will work for you...

---

Nothing like staying up until 5am to do something. I'm releasing this a bit earlier than I was intending in the sense that I haven't tested this anywhere near as much as I should have, but I'm relatively sure everything is working correctly (here's to hoping I haven't somehow stuffed Black's scripts in White or something like that!). There's no "clean" (I probably should rename that...) version for the moment, just a regular/legendary one that has all the changes to Pokémon and lets you catch all 649. Let's just call it the Main version for now. As I've said previously, I recommend a new game if possible for the newest release: Version 2.0!

The changelog is as follows:
+ A new patching method has been introduced which allows one to simply drag an .nds rom of any filename in, double click on a .bat file and watch the patch happen quickly and with little hassle. Should the ROM be unfit for the patch, the prompt will come up with a checksum error of some sort. Hopefully this'll fix the problems people are having with the actual patching!

+ The wild encounters have been remodeled entirely. A lot of things are now found earlier, and fishing locations have now been edited. Post-credit routes also now actually have different encounters, with a lot of third stage Pokémon available.

+ There has been a huge amount of changes with the items found on the maps; previously existing items have been edited to bring as much important stuff as possible pre-credits. This includes evolutionary stones in bundles of six, TMs such as Earthquake, Energy Ball and Flamethrower available before the credits and useful items such as the Bicycle, the Super Rod (now renamed the Fishing Rod) and HM02 found much earlier than previously. In fact, the Bicycle is found right at the start! You'll also receive different TMs from three out of the eight Gym Leaders; but don't worry, for the original TMs are still found somewhere in Unova.

+ Evolutionary items have mostly been edited to now act as 'Use' items instead. Simply use them on the Pokemon to evolve them, much like an evolution stone. Evolution methods have been redone to fit with the new changes to items.

+ Challenger's Cave has been turned into a bit of a leftover pile, with every single legendary that isn't normally found somewhere in Unova found in there (including Victini, who may as well be not available regularly). You'll also find several Master Balls inside, as well as the legendary Soul Dew.

+ A small bit of text editing has been applied, editing things where appropriate.

+ Trades in the game have been edited, allowing those few late-game Pokémon to be available earlier on.

+ Earlier trainers have been revamped, with some minute changes in some of the later ones. The first gym battle is now fought as a Rotation Battle (though only with one of the three leaders as before).

+ Some small extras to Pokémon stats/abilities have been done, with the most notable being Delibird actually getting things and the fixing of Castform's stats to actually be 80 across the board. The formes of Castform and Basculin have also now been edited to have the correct stats. Some small edits to attacks have also been made again, retconning prior changes and adding one extra.

Download link is any of the following:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QMS8E826
https://rapidshare.com/files/460839984/Poke...t_White_2.0.zip
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rtkyjw
http://www.mediafire.com/?d147v9ro3y44ofa

Happy playing~ Thanks for all the support and such as usual!

horror87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG it works now!! YAY thanks man this is sooo awesome! i love you!!

now is there a way to get action replay cheats for it? i have the game on an acekard but no cheats come up! is that weird? haha thanks again man!!

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Testing now
biggrin.gif
Your edits are the only reason I play B/W. Gamefreak's release was stale to be honest, as much as I love the new region and seasonal differences from other regions... it sure isn't Johto...

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Piplup still at 5% in Route 3
I wonder how long it will take this time...
But yeah, thanks for the patch! I think I'm still going to try a mono Steel run of the game, and whoa look at all those item changes. It's beautiful.

burningblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
About the other starters(and by extension, the various elemental monkeys), are they catchable/given somewhere because I took a quick look in the older Wild pokemon list(i.e version 1.2 since sadly your v2.0 patch wasn't around when I visited...) and none of them seem to be available as wild pokemon.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zurren said:
QUOTE said:
Piplup still at 5% in Route 3
I wonder how long it will take this time...
But yeah, thanks for the patch! I think I'm still going to try a mono Steel run of the game, and whoa look at all those item changes. It's beautiful.

The starters shouldn't be super-easy to find anyway. If you're that into Piplup just Pokesav one... anything used from this ROM hack will be considered "fake" on WiFi anyways.

QUOTE(burningblade @ May 6 2011, 12:13 AM)
About the other starters(and by extension, the various elemental monkeys), are they catchable/given somewhere because I took a quick look in the older Wild pokemon list(i.e version 1.2 since sadly your v2.0 patch wasn't around when I visited...) and none of them seem to be available as wild pokemon.
Read the quide that comes with the patch download. It tells you EVERYTHING :wtf:
Version 1.2: Pinwheel Forest Inside: Grass, Special: Exeggcute (20%), Tangela (20%), Pansage (10%), Pansear (10%), Panpour (10%), Carnivine (10%), Bulbasaur (5%), Chikorita (5%), Treecko (5%), Turtwig (5%)

Version 2.0:
Pinwheel Forest: Outside: Grass, Special: Audino (40%), Snivy (10%), Pansage (10%), Panpour (10%), Pansear (10%), Bulbasaur (5%), Chikorita (5%), Treecko (5%), Turtwig (5%)

-----------------------------------------
Drayano: Drag/Drop works perfect
biggrin.gif
It was a little touchy about patching one ROM if I had both ROMs in the same folder at once, but it's simple either way. All I had to do was "Move" one to my Desktop for the time being and patch it (Which btw took about 2 seconds, max)
Was something to do with the name of the ROMs, which it renamed, then patched to a new ROM.
Quick edit: LOVE the super detailed text files that include pictures and everything!

burningblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Should have mentioned I meant the Gen V starters, I already saw the other starters being available.
tongue.gif

I didn't see any of Snivy,Tepig,Oshawott available in the wild so I got just a bit worried, now that I downloaded V2.0 and see that they're all in though, I can breathe a sigh of relief. Sorry for the confusion.

joeycookson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Found 1 diagla and 1 palkia in wild now. Both level 48.
smile.gif

Suppose this was lucky, just done 4th badge so on my way up to the top of this tower to meet N and he has "befriended" Zekrom so they will go off together and he tells me to find Reshiram so as i was walking through look what poped up lmao.
smile.gif

zekrom.png

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
horror87 said:
OMG it works now!! YAY thanks man this is sooo awesome! i love you!!

now is there a way to get action replay cheats for it? i have the game on an acekard but no cheats come up! is that weird? haha thanks again man!!
I am so glad to hear that. :x Can't thank SegNin enough if everyone gets it working now... For the cheats you'll need to have the Game ID in your usrcheat.dat along with the cheats (the IDs are included in the Action Replay document).

Also, the Unova starters were available in the first versions but I had their fully evolved forms found in eastern Unova. I made them a lot earlier now though, which is probably why you saw them on the list this time!

Glad to hear it's all going good so far. Now if I could have more reports about the .bat... particularly cooleo if he's still around.

joeycookson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Drayano, are you planning any big changes in the near future? Mainly so i know to keep an eye on the thread. Obviously I will anyway but gives me something to look forward to.
biggrin.gif

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as things go there isn't much else I can add at this point. About the only thing left would be Gym Leader rematches, but I only want to do that if I can somehow change specific overworld sprites into the leaders.

So for near future... probably not. I'll probably release a clean version of 2.0, but unless any glaring bugs appear I'll be leaving it there for now.

joeycookson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fair enough, I will keep checking back for updates every now and then.
smile.gif

Here is my party just after the 8th gym.. Wow the leveling is different, Also caught Palkia, Diagla and Zekrom From wild so far, Wow it took me a long time to find them.
smile.gif
That's whats good about it, they are not easily found.
tongue.gif

poke.png

mothman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey hatchetball,

after further testing the woodtt still failed on me.

it loads the roms gets to the part where you register your name.

but after introducing cheren and bianca, game freezes

might be my cart tho.

darn. was planning on giving this cart to my brother.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay