ROM Hack Pokémon Black & White Official Translation thread

Ryanz1

Trophies
XP
Country
1Gamer said:
Are the abilities, natures and attacks already translated?
If they are that means i can download it at http://www.mediafire.com/?fq884hq62tasp right?

Can somebody say how to patch the rom with this english patch? Thx

The abilties and other stuff have been translated in to english but they have not been hacked into the ROM.
It is a extremeley tricky process as Nintendo have changed the file arrangement and so the hackers have to search through the entire ROM to find where all the different text bits are.
Then they need to decrypt the text bits from the hexadecimal and then when they have done that they need to put the new text into hexadecimal and edit the ROM.

When they have done that they can then make a patch which can automatically edit the ROMs with the translation patch.
So as you can see it is difficult and we are working on it.

If any of what I have written is wrong please correct me!

johnnydaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread has been made the official translation thread!

But just to clarify, i am NOT making a patch or translating the game as i have no experience of doing that. Im just trying to bring everything helpful to the translators of the games to one place.

Do you find this thread helpful? please post what you think!

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
johnnydaman said:
i did and the people here are willing to help others unlike some lol and just show when people get together how much work they can do.

johnnydaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samjef11 said:
johnnydaman said:
i did and the people here are willing to help others unlike some lol and just show when people get together how much work they cane do.
Thanks i have posted the link of this thread to kazos translation thread over at project pokemon as he has already started a patch..

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
johnnydaman said:
samjef11 said:
johnnydaman said:
i did and the people here are willing to help others unlike some lol and just show when people get together how much work they cane do.
Thanks i have posted the link of this thread to kazos translation thread over at project pokemon as he has already started a patch..
Great news can't wait you deserve a medal lol.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR and Kaarosu are putting together a translation patch! Source.

here are some pics!
bagmenu.png
closecombat.png

gamemenu.png
startmenu.png

QUOTE said:
Kazo has been taking care of the attacks/abilities/items/pokemon names and I've been tackling the menus. We'll merge what we have so far and do a quality check later today. Kazo went to sleep and I will as well in a couple of minutes but for the most part the basics for battling have been taken care of and we'll hopefully release something later today. Thanks for the support/suggestions!

johnnydaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1Gamer said:
Are the abilities, natures and attacks already translated?
If they are that means i can download it at http://www.mediafire.com/?fq884hq62tasp right?

Can somebody say how to patch the rom with this english patch? Thx
Yes they have been translated thanks to jintrigger but what is left now is to actually put those translations into the game by a patch...

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Spenstar said:

here are some pics!
bagmenu.png
closecombat.png

gamemenu.png

QUOTE said:
Kazo has been taking care of the attacks/abilities/items/pokemon names and I've been tackling the menus. We'll merge what we have so far and do a quality check later today. Kazo went to sleep and I will as well in a couple of minutes but for the most part the basics for battling have been taken care of and we'll hopefully release something later today. Thanks for the support/suggestions!
Cheers thank you.

johnnydaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spenstar said:

here are some pics!
bagmenu.png
closecombat.png

gamemenu.png

QUOTE said:
Yes i have seen this and i have also posted the link to this thread on their thread to help them.

But do you know, have they actaully changed the names from japanese text to english txt?

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saml said:
The japaneese on the first screen needs to be translated to:
What will (pokemon) do?
The pictures are showing progress they are making. So the one with Japanese is when they were still in the beginning of the translation process. By now they should have mostly, if not all, of the battles translated.

johnnydaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@spenstar Should i put the link of Kazos thread up to show people the progress that they are making?? What do you think?

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
johnnydaman said:
@spenstar Should i put the link of Kazos thread up to show people the progress that they are making?? What do you think?
If you feel that that will be a good idea, then I am with you. Whatever will best help the translation community.
wink.gif

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
I would of like the menus like when you are in a pokemon centre and want to trade or battle for the menus to be in English as i still not sure I'm pressing the right thing because i might trade a pokemon that i did not want to trade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F