Hacking Pokemon Black/White (Not AP related)

Manton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize that the post below me relating to this game has been locked, but I'm having an entirely different issue relating to the card itself, not the AP.

When trying to run either of these games using 1.8.5 or 1.8.5a, along with the latest loaders, the game will simply hang on the loading screen. Every other game I have works just fine.

At least two other people in this thread are reporting the same issue.

AKAIO 1.8.5
HW:81
SVN:103

Manton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying a few things, it appears that this is somehow related to the microSD card I was using. I tried installing 1.8.5 on a really old Kingston 2gb stick, and it works flawlessly with the patch.

My main card is an ADATA 4gig, class 6. I tried reformatting and installing clean with just Pokemon on it, but no luck. All other games run just fine off my ADATA card.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Manton said:
After trying a few things, it appears that this is somehow related to the microSD card I was using. I tried installing 1.8.5 on a really old Kingston 2gb stick, and it works flawlessly with the patch.

My main card is an ADATA 4gig, class 6. I tried reformatting and installing clean with just Pokemon on it, but no luck. All other games run just fine off my ADATA card.
You're using the SD Formatter (Panasonic) to reformat, right?

Awesomeslayerg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys 1.8.6 of AKIAO is out soo.. try it
tongue.gif
?

Phylos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attempting to run clean ROM with AKAIO 1.8.6, I get in big red letters "System File is Missing"
It seems to happen only on Pokemon Black and White. Tried holding B for the alternate load method, but that didn't work either (same response)

Philly_Cheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phylos said:
Attempting to run clean ROM with AKAIO 1.8.6, I get in big red letters "System File is Missing"
It seems to happen only on Pokemon Black and White. Tried holding B for the alternate load method, but that didn't work either (same response)

Which cart and SD are you using?
I'm running an acekard2.1 + 1.8.6 and the euro version boots and plays perfectly.
Try getting it in EUR and see if you have any more luck with it

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Phylos said:

Same thing happened to me with AKAIO 1.8.6
After disabling Bypass AP in system menu i was able to get it to load my Pokemon Black & White (JPN) without any problems (No freezing & Pokemon gain EXP)
I also tested Pokemon Black & White (Europe) and both works (Games load & Pokemon gains EXP)

A little off topic: I don't really like the season font used in Pokemon Black & White (Europe) >_< It looks terrible >_< compared to the Japanese one...

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Me and a friend of mine have this problem as well. My friend also reported that the same thing happened with the most recent Kingdom Hearts game. My Pokemon worked fine until I tried his SD card in my AceKard, upon putting my card back in, I had the same problem!

we1221

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
every game that is 256 mb does this.....and crvylooo the new kingdom hearts is 256 mb so ya.... i guess its the same for you

Phylos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chemistryfreak said:
Phylos said:

Same thing happened to me with AKAIO 1.8.6
After disabling Bypass AP in system menu i was able to get it to load my Pokemon Black & White (JPN) without any problems (No freezing & Pokemon gain EXP)
I also tested Pokemon Black & White (Europe) and both works (Games load & Pokemon gains EXP)

A little off topic: I don't really like the season front used in Pokemon Black & White (Europe) >_< It looks terrible >_< compared to the Japanese one...
Tried this^ and it worked for me! The other bit of using the AKAIO 1.8.1 secondary also worked on a patched version. Thanks for all the help guys! I hope others found this info as useful as I did.

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried that and it didn't work, same problem persisted. And wouldn't downgrading the firmware make other games no longer work? (Yu-Gi-Oh! WC 2011 for example.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol