Pokemon Colosseum on Lakka on Switch

jtabc123456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play Pokemon Colosseum on the switch but I can't seem to get good performance out of Lakka. I heard people say that Pokemon Colosseum played flawlessly in the past but that has not been my experience. The whole time I'm playing, there are a few issues that stand out to me:

1. The game audio is constantly stuttering which makes it completely unlistenable
  2. The game appears to be playing in slow motion
  3. The text in the game isn't always displayed; sometimes it is not displayed at all, and other times the text characters look corrupted. Sometimes the text will start corrupted but then correct itself and look right.

I am not sure what's causing these and if there is any known way to fix them. I have the output video driver set to "vulkan", but I left all other settings at their defaults. Overclocking the CPU and/or GPU from the stock switch settings didn't appear to make any noticeable difference.

Interestingly, within Lakka itself, when I click GPU or CPU overclock, the "Current Profile: " text at the top appears to be displaying random characters. For example, right now the text is "Current Profile:^U", but I have also seen filled-in white squares in place of ^U as well. I wonder if this is related to item 3 above.

I installed Lakka from the "Lakka-Switch.aarch64-4.3.7z" file. Switch firmware is 16.0.2, and hekate version is 6.0.6 (if relevant). It is a launch-day XAW switch.

Does anybody have any idea of what settings I should change to get Colosseum working better?

Last edited by jtabc123456,
Reactions: falconcrest and nWo

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the CPU in the switch is pretty slow and old. Sometimes the best test is yourself's test. People say every crap on the Internet. I mean, I'm still looking for that mew under the truck.

• Haha
Reactions: x65943

Gheovgos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you have set vulkan as video driver? Tried to lower emulated cpu? Tried to run it via Dolphin on Android?

jtabc123456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have set vulkan as video driver? Tried to lower emulated cpu? Tried to run it via Dolphin on Android?
Yes, I have it set to Vulkan. I don't know what option you're referring to by "lower emulated cpu".
Post automatically merged:

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the CPU in the switch is pretty slow and old. Sometimes the best test is yourself's test. People say every crap on the Internet. I mean, I'm still looking for that mew under the truck.
Yeah, I figured there are enough configuration settings to play with that I may just be overlooking something. But no luck with anything I've tried so far, so maybe you're right.

Last edited by jtabc123456,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto