Gaming Pokemon Black/White 2 (E, U) Game Discussion Thread

Which pokemon do you plan to get?

• Total voters

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
No offence but, Pokemon has got old for me!

Hehe funny joke ^^

Not trying to start an E-Argument but, Pokemon B2/W2 has seriously wrecked the series, i think!
Personally I think Diamond and Pearl did that. Platinum kind of revitalised it and B1/W1 kept it going. But they should've tried a little more harder on B2/W2. I think they're great games but I don't think any Pokemon game has ever been as good as Emerald and Fire Red/Leaf Green.

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country

Hehe funny joke ^^

Not trying to start an E-Argument but, Pokemon B2/W2 has seriously wrecked the series, i think!
Personally I think Diamond and Pearl did that. Platinum kind of revitalised it and B1/W1 kept it going. But they should've tried a little more harder on B2/W2. I think they're great games but I don't think any Pokemon game has ever been as good as Emerald and Fire Red/Leaf Green.

I was new to the series when Diamond and Pearl released. Although, my brother had Pokemon Gold on his GameBoy Color!

Reactions: 1 person

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country

Hehe funny joke ^^

I was new to the series when Diamond and Pearl released. Although, my brother had Pokemon Gold on his GameBoy Color!
Ah really? Technically I've been playing it since Red was released but I never really knew what I was doing haha. I played it properly just as Ruby and Sapphire were coming in. Back when Silver was my favourite.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country

Hehe funny joke ^^

I dont like dpp but i´ts ok to play but i rather play b/w 2 instead ^^

Aravalon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Emerald and Fire Red are my favorites too. I never liked DPP all that much, and didn't really play pokemon B1 all the way through, but for some reason my W2 looks promising. Though IMO they shouldn't make the games so futuristic - makes it lose that nice ol' poke-vibe.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Hehe funny joke ^^

You could also say that Ruby Sapphire wrecked it worse because it broke the GSC sequel chain.

It's all up to perspective really. To me, DP was the worst out of all. Platinum was better than DP. Although I must admit that Sinnoh was one of the most challenging and fun region to venture.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Emerald and Fire Red are my favorites too. I never liked DPP all that much, and didn't really play pokemon B1 all the way through, but for some reason my W2 looks promising. Though IMO they shouldn't make the games so futuristic - makes it lose that nice ol' poke-vibe.
Other than Castelia City, Nimbasa, maybe Virbank too... Which part of Unova is futuristic?

Lets don't talk about version exclusives like Black City and Opelucid City. So far I've seen most cities pretty much the same as other versions.

A Pokemon game need not be too "Japan-like" (i don't know what else to put) to retain its Poké-vibe actually.

Sorry for double post.

Aravalon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hmm I guess you're right. Though the luddite in me can't stand those cities that do look that way. Though I have to admit, so far (in W2) they've done the nature areas of the game pretty well. Though there's also the Xtransceiver thingy on the lower screen, I'd have liked the HGSS layout better.

Do you remember the Sevii Islands? That area was really fun to roam around in. It's places like that where I felt a huge Poké-vibe presence. :lol:

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmm I guess you're right. Though the luddite in me can't stand those cities that do look that way. Though I have to admit, so far (in W2) they've done the nature areas of the game pretty well. Though there's also the Xtransceiver thingy on the lower screen, I'd have liked the HGSS layout better.

Do you remember the Sevii Islands? That area was really fun to roam around in. It's places like that where I felt a huge Poké-vibe presence. :lol:
So far, my favorite has been Icirrus City.

Ah yes the HGSS layout. That one is the best really. BW/2's isn't so bad too actually.

Other than Sevii islands, maybe the underwater sections of RSE too. That was really cool.

Reactions: 1 person

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country

So far, my favorite has been Icirrus City.

Ah yes the HGSS layout. That one is the best really. BW/2's isn't so bad too actually.

Other than Sevii islands, maybe the underwater sections of RSE too. That was really cool.

You´re right. But i guess i want hgss tiles in b/w 2 i dont know why. But i think it should be awsome. And also if the pokemon stil follows you in b/w 2 also should be awsome

KipMudz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is just me or the US/EU versions have faster animations than the JP versions of B2/W2? Instead of hearing "DOGAR!" inside Roxie's gym, I am hearing "Pokémon!". By the way, please add Galaxy Eagle i to the compatible Flashcarts but with some bugs like the infamous C-Gear crashing (YSmenu solves this and its old wood/AKAIO-like loader) and it requires disabling the soft-reset of the flashcart. Both clean and patched ROM were tested.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This is just me or the US/EU versions have faster animations than the JP versions of B2/W2? Instead of hearing "DOGAR!" inside Roxie's gym, I am hearing "Pokémon!". By the way, please add Galaxy Eagle i to the compatible Flashcarts but with some bugs like the infamous C-Gear crashing (YSmenu solves this and its old wood/AKAIO-like loader) and it requires disabling the soft-reset of the flashcart. Both clean and patched ROM were tested.
Can you elaborate?

And yeah. DOGARS has been replaced with Pokem... On... POKEMON.

RIP DOGARS

KipMudz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you elaborate?

And yeah. DOGARS has been replaced with Pokem... On... POKEMON.

RIP DOGARS
Example: Dig's animation when the user is returning to the surface and when the screen is scrolling if someone is attacking.

.:drk_drgn:.

rawr
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, about to get my 6th gym badge. Can you guys rate my team so far?

Lvl 40 Serpirior
Lvl 40 Arcanine
Lvl 40 Crobat
Lvl 40 Zoroark
Lvl 40 Lucario

I also have a Lvl 35 Volcarona sitting in my PC, is that worth levelling and keeping? I wanted to keep a slot open for a legendary or a Lapras.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Lvl 40 Serpirior
Lvl 40 Arcanine
Lvl 40 Crobat
Lvl 40 Zoroark
Lvl 40 Lucario

I also have a Lvl 35 Volcarona sitting in my PC, is that worth levelling and keeping? I wanted to keep a slot open for a legendary or a Lapras.
YES!!! IT'S AN EPIC BUG-FIRE TYPE POKÉMON!
Horrifying offense
Speed is great
The rest of it's stats above average.
It's movepool... is actually perfect for it's stats. Quiver dance is amazing. It's boosts SP. Atk and Sp. def and speed which makes it even more deadly.
And with it's sick special dmging moves, you'll decimate teams in no time.

stereoeyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lvl 40 Serpirior
Lvl 40 Arcanine
Lvl 40 Crobat
Lvl 40 Zoroark
Lvl 40 Lucario

Im guessing Arcanine is your special sweeper? Yeah its okay, its pretty good actually. And save your last spot for Lapras, nay for Volcarona since you already have Arcy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space