OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
gallery_312532_1477_94567.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for pokemon black/white version 2.

Basic Info

Platform- Nintendo DS
Category- RPG
Players - 1-4 Players
Connectivity- DS Wireless, Wi-Fi, IR
Developer- Game Freak
Publisher- Nintendo, The Pokemon Company

Release Dates: North America: October 7, 2012
Australia: October 11, 2012
Europe: October 12, 2012

Changes from Pokémon Black & White

Aesthetic changes
  • The opening is drastically different from the one in Black and White, now featuring the new game characters, theTao trio and the Swords of Justice. Also, the title screen shows either Black Kyurem or White Kyurem, depending on the version.
  • The bar that shows a Pokémon's level, Exp. Points and HP has been redesigned. It is black in Black 2 and white in White 2.
  • The area eyecatch has also been redesigned and shows the location in the top left of the screen and season in the bottom right. It is black in Black 2 and white in White 2.
  • New locations such as Aspertia City, Virbank City, Floccesy Town, Yamaji Town and Humilau City have been added to the game.
  • New characters are introduced, such as Hugh, Colress, Roxie, Marlon and Banjirou.
  • Cheren, Bianca, Elesa, Ghetsis and Iris all receive redesigns.
  • All Unova gyms receive redesigns.
  • Most of the Black and White music has been slightly remixed, in addition to the Gym Leader and Champion music from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh.
  • There have been several changes made to existing locations, such as Driftveil CityandNimbasa City.
  • Every Trainer has their own fully animated sprite. They have more frames, allowing for smoother animations.
  • Several attacks have received new battle animations.
  • The battle menu has been redesigned.
  • The C-Gear has been redesigned.
  • The Unova Pokédex has been expanded tremendously to accommodate older Pokémon..
  • All returning Gym Leaders and Champions receive new sprites. This also applies for the overworld sprites.
  • Route 4 has changed drastically and also differs between Black 2 and White 2.
  • Victory Road changed drastically from Black and White to Black 2 and White 2 as well and differs in appearance between Black 2 and White 2.
  • Challenger's Cave's entrance collapsed while Route 10 was locked off due to landslide on Victory Road, making both areas inaccessible. In place of Cold Storage there is now thePokémon World Tournament.
  • Places marked on map with green dots in Black and White are now marked with green squares.
Features:-

A new facility featured in Black 2 and White 2 is the Pokémon World Tournament, where the player is able to battle every Gym LeaderandChampion (except Koga and Iris) from the main series games in various types of battles.

Pokéstar Studios is a new feature in the games that allows the player to take part in making films involving Pokémon. The player chooses from various scenarios and acts them out.

Within the two years separating Black 2 and White 2 from their predecessors, some of the past Gym Leaders have passed on their positions to others or retired the Gym from theUnova League. The eight Gym Leaders of Unova are now: Cheren (Normal),Roxie(Poison),Burgh(Bug), Elesa (Electric), Clay (Ground), Skyla(Flying),Drayden(Dragon) andMarlon (Water).

Look forward to the Pokémon Dream Radar game, a Nintendo 3DS exclusive title coming to the Nintendo eShop. Pokémon Dream Radar is a motion-controlled shooting game where, using Augmented Reality technology, you chase down Pokémon that appear as if they’re in the real world! The game uses some of the coolest features of the Nintendo 3DS system, including the 3D camera and gyro sensor.

You can find many Pokémon in Pokémon Dream Radar, including Pokémon that are otherwise very hard to get. Then, you can send the Pokémon you obtain to your copy ofPokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 for the Nintendo DS™ system, giving you even more ways to fill up your Pokédex!

The Legendary trio of Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus show up in all-new Formes inPokémon Dream Radar. The appearance of these three Pokémon in Therian Forme is very different from their traditional Incarnate Forme.

gallery_312532_1477_3998.jpg

gallery_312532_1477_12325.jpg

Just like in Pokémon Black and White, the Pokémon sprites are fully animated and move throughout battles. However, unlike Black and White, every Trainer in the game has battle animations, as well as more frames which allows for smoother animations.
The game also introduces new entry sprite animations for Pokémon, much as if it were aShiny Pokémon.

1 .N's Pokémon, which are obtainable through Memory Link, (with the exception of N'sZorua, who is obtainable during the main plot) have a green/yellow diamond shine, along with their own sound.

2. Also, in the Pokéstar Studios, when a player successfully completes a movie with their Pokémon in an unusual matter by deviating from the script, their Pokémon will become a star and during battles, when the Pokémon is summoned, a star will bounce upwards and then back downwards. This is the only entry animation that can be added manually by the player.

gallery_312532_1477_22222.png

gallery_312532_1477_30997.png

gallery_312532_1477_1381.png

News:-

Looking for even more challenge in the Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2games? Head to a brand-new Unova location, the Black Tower in Black City (if you're playingPokémon Black Version 2 ) or the White Treehollow in White Forest (for players of Pokémon White Version 2 ).

The Black Tower and the White Treehollow provide battling challenges that surpass even the Pokémon League. In either site, you'll take on high-level Pokémon and talented Trainers to earn Exp. Points and win plenty of items. Try to conquer every maze-like floor—they change every time you enter!

Join up with other Trainers to play Funfest Missions via local wireless! These special missions can be attempted with nearby players at any time. In these Funfest Missions, you'll be given a variety of challenges, such as capturing particular Pokémon, finding certain items, or answering quizzes!

Funfest Missions can be played alone, or you can tackle a mission with up to 100 players! Clear these missions, and you'll obtain items and Pass Orbs. Plus, you can receive helpful new Pass Powers!

Even more features have been added to the Xtransceiver, in addition to talking with other players and using video chat! In the Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 games, you can also use your Xtransceiver to play minigames with your friends who also have a copy of one of the games. Plus, if you are playing on a Nintendo 3DS™, Nintendo DSi XL™, or Nintendo DSi™ system, you'll be able to capture an image of your own face to use in the minigames!

Mystery Gifts:-

Genesect
Genesect - Lv. 15
Attacks: Techno Blast, Magnet Bomb, SolarBeam, Signal Beam

Meloetta
Not released yet...

GAME RELEASED!

Information on the rom:

Patch Compatibility (based on reports by members)

Click the arrows for confirmation posts

DeSmuME - Confirmed
No$GBA - Confrmed
SuperCard DSOne -
SuperCard DSTwo - Confirmed
DSTTi -
Acekard 2i - Confirmed
CycloDS - Confirmed
R4 Wood - Confirmed
R4i Gold -
R4i-Gold 3DS - Confirmed
R4SDHC - Confirmed
r4i-sdhc/3ds - Up and Down
Other R4 Clones - Up and Down

YSMenu -
M3 Real -
M3i Zero (non-GMP-Z003) -
M3i Zero (GMP-Z003) -
iEDGE -
EZVi -
iTouchDS -

NOTE: Information from members from the AP thread

THE LEGENDARY GUIDE
This is a guide for catching each and every legendary pokemon except Kyurem, White 2 and Black 2.

People who finished the game and think they have nothing to do, there is lots more to do.
Here's a list of things to do once completed.

• Go to Victory Road and follow Zoroark to find N and battle him.
  • Then go to Dragonspiral Tower and catch Reshiram or Zekrom.
  • After catching reshiram or zekrom, go to the place where you battled ghetsis and you'll find kyurem there and catch him, and get the DNA Splicers (You can use it to merge your zekrom or reshiram with kyurem.
  • Battle Colress in the ship and get your second master ball.
  • Battle the Shadow Triad in Icirrus City.
  • Battle N every season.

• Go to all the towns in unova.
  • Win the cup in PWT
  • Battle Alder and his grandson
  • Re-Battle the elite four and iris
  • Catch all the legendaries
  • Battle, trade and play pokemon dream world.

Cheats
Usrcheat.dat
http://filetrip.net/dl?Hl0lhaOPq2 (from the help of tjexp )

Note: Here's a thread to exchange your friend codes: http://gbatemp.net/t...nd-code-thread/
For more information on ROMs and AP visit: http://gbatemp.net/t...2-e-u-ap-thread

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering when this thread would finally get made.

Get ready for helping people with that same 50 answers 100 times a day because they are too lazy to read the first post...

Nice descriptions of the games, by the way. Lots of info there :)

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
The first posts has too much minor/pointless info for my taste (which could all be covered by a line saying there is lots of aesthetic changes), while not going deep enough into the interesting ones D:

And how could you possibly not mention the Difficulty keys for example.

-Lots of aesthetic changes (interfaces, move animations...)

-New protagonists
Its a continuation of the story from BW,
meaning you explore Unova again, but on a different path, discovering, many new places (including the starting town)

-2 years have passed
Tons of minor changes for old places/people, even more version differences.
You meet all the people from BW, seeing how they changed, starting with the previous "rivals" Bianca and Cheren, who are now Junipers assistant and the first gym-leader respectively.
The gym rosters and order have shifted a bit, also including a few new gyms.

-Unovadex 150->300
150 old pokemon were added to the story.
Mostly ones that fit new places (like ranch->Mareeps)
just cool ones that are now rares in old places (desert-> +Trapinch)
or ones that were already in post E4 BW Unova

-new places of interest
Pokestar studios as the usual gimmick alternative to battles, and
The world tournament, in which you even get to fight gym leaders/champs from past regions, but can also download new torunament sets as they are released (like teams used by world championship finalists for example)

-difficulty options for the first time in pokemon game history.
There is a feature called the Unova Link, which is a set of "keys" that can be unlocked and enable certain things. One of them can change the main games difficulty, to either making the AI easier and enemy levels lower, or raise both and even add an extra pokemon to gym leaders teams for example (in the E4 rematch they even use things like Choice Scarves etc.)
Unfortunately these features have an annoying way to be unlocked.
Beating the E4 for the first time in White2, gives you the Assist key, Black2 the Challenge key, which you can send over to another player at any point of their playthrough.

-hidden grottos
enabling access to lots of dream-world abilities, they are places that randomly generate interactable pokemon from a list

-move tutors
Tons of useful moves.

-Join Avenue/Fes missions

For anyone wondering which version you should get, at least from a mascot legendary collectors viewpoint, if you had White (Zekrom), you should get White2 (Reshiram) and vice versa

Here was my initial reaction back in June
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/journal/BW2-is-full-of-awesome-311093659

DarkraiHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
There is a feature called the Unova Link, which is a set of "keys" that can be unlocked and enable certain things. One of them can change the main games difficulty, to either making the AI easier and enemy levels lower, or raise both and even add an extra pokemon to gym leaders teams for example (in the E4 rematch they even use things like Choice Scarves etc.)
Beating the E4 for the first time in White2, gives you the Assist key, Black2 the Challenge key, which you can send over to another player at any point of their playthrough.

Difficulty option? :blink:
I didn't know about that, can you please tell me where you heard this from?
You've got me even more hyped :D

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Once you beat the E4 for the first time, you unlock Challenge mode in Black 2 and Assist (easy) mode in White 2. You can send these modes to people who have not beaten the game yet. It's on Bulbapedia and people already played the Japanese version.

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia

What Arras said.

The lame thing about it is that you need someone who beat Black2 before you can play through such a tougher story.

Serebii has a nice list showing how it affects gym rosters and E4. if you don't mind spoilers.
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/gyms.shtml

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
The first posts has too much minor/pointless info for my taste (which could all be covered by a line saying there is lots of aesthetic changes), while not going deep enough into the interesting ones D:

If you may know this is not an info thread but a hype thread, But I did put a little info here. Too much is not needed ;)

And plus this info is not pointless

DarkraiHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
What Arras said.

The lame thing about it is that you need someone who beat Black2 before you can play through such a tougher story.

Serebii has a nice list showing how it affects gym rosters and E4. if you don't mind spoilers.
http://www.serebii.n...ite2/gyms.shtml
Ah, well that's unfortunate, I was under the impression you could change the difficulty any time using Options from the menu. Still, it's nice to see GameFreak taking some steps to satisfy a bit more experienced (Pokemon) players.

Reactions: 1 person

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There is now a separate AP thread devoted solely to the ROM itself. In order to keep this thread on-topic (discussion of the game) and clear of Poketards, it will be temporarily locked once the ROM is dumped, and everyone will be directed to the AP thread until the chaos dies down.

Just a heads-up.

Reactions: 2 people

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
English BW2 are "O" region games.

Now there is a 99% chance that this is region free. I've seen the Game ID.

So much for this being region locked because of "3DS interaction" =/

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
There is now a separate AP thread devoted solely to the ROM itself. In order to keep this thread on-topic (discussion of the game) and clear of Poketards, it will be temporarily locked once the ROM is dumped, and everyone will be directed to the AP thread until the chaos dies down.

Just a heads-up.
Thanks Densetsu, you're a site (life) saver.
But even if they're redirected, they'll still flood the site. D:
I just know from previous Pokemon hypes, that when a wave of Poketards and n00b newcomers arrive it's just worst than Armageddon. :rofl2: :sad: Even if they're warned to not ask for Roms and don't ask stupid questions that were already answered, they still do it! :angry:

Just from curiosity ... what do you think about the ban rate that will be next Sunday? Do you think it will be big? :P

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I know that preventing a Pokeflood is impossible, like trying to stop a hurricane, a volcano eruption or an earthquake. I just hope the AP thread will at least lessen the flood :unsure: I won't actually be updating the thread, it will be done by someone who has more time.

We'll probably be seeing hundreds of new members in the coming week. I'm sure the ban rate will be extremely high.

Reactions: 7 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...