Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
UTAJF.png

Well played, PETA. So far, the game is actually quite pleasant. Now, don't get me wrong - I maintain everything I said last time when the Mario game was released - PETA is still a bunch of wackos that are dangerously close to being environmental terrorists and the premise of the game alone is still silly, but it's simply fun to play. :P

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did like how PETA called out that awful plot twist in Pokemon Black and White. Like for once I'm playing the game and I'm like "Wow, maybe they introduced a villain that isn't completely dastardly evil?" Then they just go "NOPE WE WANT TO ENSLAVE THEM LIKE EVERY OTHER TEAM ROCKET RESKIN."

Like really? You were on the road to making a villain that, while completely two dimensional, stepped outside the boundaries of their normal typecasts, and then just throw that away.
You can't put legitimate moral dilemmas and actual problems into a kids game, most adults can't even figure that shit out.

I'm calling shenanigans there. Kids aren't stupid, they can handle complex themes and ideas. If Up can deal with mortality and Avatar TLA can touch on genocide, there's no reason why a game aimed at a similar audience can't do the same thing.

I am totally moved by this. Please, tell me where I can adopt a pokemon and help put an end to this brutality.

You might want to get on that fast. If you don't get that Pokemon fast enough, PETA might have to put it down for its own good.

riceball7852

A person with a life.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange enough that I find myself playing the flash game... (Just for the lol) :P

But seriously, how much does PETA gain from making all of these ridiculous notion. (Ex. Mario Tanooki, Cooking Mama... :|)

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't put legitimate moral dilemmas and actual problems into a kids game, most adults can't even figure that shit out.
I'm calling shenanigans there. Kids aren't stupid, they can handle complex themes and ideas. If Up can deal with mortality and Avatar TLA can touch on genocide, there's no reason why a game aimed at a similar audience can't do the same thing.
Oh I agree that kids can handle moral dilemmas, hell they sometimes tend to handle them better then adults since they don't have things like money and jobs to sway them. I was more or less being a sarcastic smartass since its an EoF thread, almost feels like a News thread though honestly.

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played through it. Didn't realize that Ash was actually a diabolical circus ring leader with an entire legion of Pokemon caged up, making millions off of exploiting them. I see the world in a whole new light now. I am certain this flash game has changed thousands of people's opinions as it has mine.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next they are going to protest doom because we all know demons from hell do not like being shot at

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't Gamefreak sue them for slander or something if they want?
Also copyright infringement

Slander is a pretty difficult claim to sue for (especially in the US), and PETA would be protected since this falls under the banner of "parody". Plus, even if they managed to get a lawsuit through, it would only be giving PETA even more publicity and attention.

It's pretty much for the best to just ignore them and carry on.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the "game" isn't really designed to change minds, it's designed to gain shock value.

Pokemon has been around for well over 15 years. PETA could have easily done something similar years ago. But they do it now because they don't want the name to fade away.

They did the same with Mario, and the implication in that was a lot more unfounded than it is here, and it's pretty weak here. It's just so people see "PETA" and they get their name in the newspapers.

In the end you'll probably get an apology from them sprinkled with some thinly veiled messages. I've been a vegetarian my entire life but I can hardly endorse PETA's tactics to gaining attention. If you really care for animals you'll volunteer at your local shelter or donate to a better organization, not waste your time throwing blood on people and stomping around with picket signs.

Reactions: 5 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you really care for animals you'll volunteer at your local shelter or donate to a better organization, not waste your time throwing blood on people and stomping around with picket signs.
...not to mention that PETA is quite a fishy organization to begin with, with well-known affiliation to international eco-terrorism groups such as the Animal Liberation Front and the Earth Liberation Front. In other words, they're crazy wackos.

Reactions: 5 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really care for animals you'll volunteer at your local shelter or donate to a better organization, not waste your time throwing blood on people and stomping around with picket signs.
...not to mention that PETA is quite a fishy organization to begin with, with well-known affiliation to international eco-terrorism groups such as the Animal Liberation Front and the Earth Liberation Front. In other words, they're crazy wackos.

Basically. And they hardly get results even, you'll do more good volunteering for hands on work yourself or donating to an actual charity than jeering at your local fur factory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.