• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

garland_scarlet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, the translation is good so far, but can you make another english patch that also change the Pokemon names into their english names?

Example:

Tsutarja ---> Snivy
Janovy ---> Servine
Jalorda ---> Serperior
Pokabu ---> Tepig
Chaoboo ---> Pignite
Emboar ---> Emboar
Mijumaru ---> Oshawott
Futachmaru ---> Dewott
Daikenki ---> Samurott

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Rafi00 said:
hey guys I'm pretty new to this, and I might sound ignorant! but what do you mean by rom dump? I tried to patch and when I click apply patch nothing happens :[
unsure.gif
A ROM dump is just the file on your computer that corresponds to the game.
It's basically a copy of the game.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
garland_scarlet said:
Hey, the translation is good so far, but can you make another english patch that also change the Pokemon names into their english names?

Example:

Tsutarja ---> Snivy
Janovy ---> Servine
Jalorda ---> Serperior
Pokabu ---> Tepig
Chaoboo ---> Pignite
Emboar ---> Emboar
Mijumaru ---> Oshawott
Futachmaru ---> Dewott
Daikenki ---> Samurott
No reason to do that now, seeing how the games are out in (E) and (U) now.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
garland_scarlet said:

Example:

Tsutarja ---> Snivy
Janovy ---> Servine
Jalorda ---> Serperior
Pokabu ---> Tepig
Chaoboo ---> Pignite
Emboar ---> Emboar
Mijumaru ---> Oshawott
Futachmaru ---> Dewott
Daikenki ---> Samurott
Okay, first, why would you want that?
Second, they already did.

Sasuke 3985

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could someone please help me with a little problem (A)

I have downloaded a clean rom, downloaded the patch, downloaded xDelta GUI, and did everything up to the step where you have to open xDelta Gui.

When I open the .rar file I downloaded I get two files: xDelta GUI.exe and xdelta.exe

When I click on xDelta GUI.exe, my PC open a window that says: To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727 Contact your application publisher for instruction about obtaining the appropiate version of the .NET Framework.

And when I click on xdelta.exe, it only open a black window for a second that leaves nearly right away.

So does somebody know what to do??? :

Ruben50556

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have 2 questions:
Is there a patch for the English version already?
Or is there a patch for English names on the Japanese version? I patched it following this guide, and my whole game is in English, except for the names of my pokémon.

Thanks in advance

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
He can't get the game to run on his cart as AP patches for the English versions are a bit odder. The EXP problem has been patched but I'm guessing his cart is one of the ones that just white screens. So he's using the Jap translation.

Ruben50556

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zaertix said:
The game already has an english release. Why are you still using a fan translation?
Thats what my first question is for.

And Jamstruth, can you provide me the link for the EXP patch?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sasuke 3985 said:

I have downloaded a clean rom, downloaded the patch, downloaded xDelta GUI, and did everything up to the step where you have to open xDelta Gui.

When I open the .rar file I downloaded I get two files: xDelta GUI.exe and xdelta.exe

When I click on xDelta GUI.exe, my PC open a window that says: To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727 Contact your application publisher for instruction about obtaining the appropiate version of the .NET Framework.

And when I click on xdelta.exe, it only open a black window for a second that leaves nearly right away.

chocolat3pi3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the "Pokemon Patcher." I downloaded it and opened it and it said to drag the ROM to the app for it to run. I dragged my Pokemon ROM file and the program closed on me. What did I do wrong??

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chocolat3pi3 said:
About the "Pokemon Patcher." I downloaded it and opened it and it said to drag the ROM to the app for it to run. I dragged my Pokemon ROM file and the program closed on me. What did I do wrong??
Which patcher? there are a few patchers, you're going to have to give a specific name.

chocolat3pi3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@machomuu: I downloaded the one at the first page first post which gave us a link for the patch. I'm wondering if it's because I'm using an ENGLISH clean ROM rather than a JAP ROM? Make a difference?
And I'm just wondering if I'm on the right forum. This is the one about Pokemon Black where people translated it right and not the official US translated??

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
chocolat3pi3 said:
@machomuu: I downloaded the one at the first page first post which gave us a link for the patch. I'm wondering if it's because I'm using an ENGLISH clean ROM rather than a JAP ROM? Make a difference?
And I'm just wondering if I'm on the right forum. This is the one about Pokemon Black where people translated it right and not the official US translated??
the patches in the first post is a patch to make the J rom's language english. i'm not sure if the patch has ap patch but even if it has, it's for japanese rom.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
chocolat3pi3 said:
Why do you want to English patch the English ROM!?

Z

Zorua

8BitWalugi said:
chocolat3pi3 said:
Why do you want to English patch the English ROM!?

Maybe because he wants Japanese names for the Pokemon?

Big Crunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with the union room and the C-gear. My cousin bought pokemon white, and we planed to trade and battle, but everytime I go to the union room lady then save, it freezes. Can anyone help?

Sasuke 3985

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fishaman P said:
Sasuke 3985 said:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Big Crunch said:
I'm having a problem with the union room and the C-gear. My cousin bought pokemon white, and we planed to trade and battle, but everytime I go to the union room lady then save, it freezes. Can anyone help?
Buy the game. There you go
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg