Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gettogaara said:
Hello I've been trying to get to play the game in english now for the past hour and I've been following all of the instructions and still have been getting nowhere. I'm using the Ackeard2 and the game itself is running but it refuses to be translated. I patched it using two diffrent methods and when I attempted to patch it using xDelta GUI it never says patch complete. First I use Rudolphs childplay patch and make a .bak file.(even though I don't understand why this step is needed)Then I try to apply the V7-Black-NewLogo.patch but i never get a patch completed message and when i start the game its in all japanese.
So have you tried using my alternate patcher, where you just drag your game on the 'DropHere' app and follow the prompts?

And about the .bak file. What happens is when you drag your ROM onto Rudolph's patch.exe it creates a backup of your original ROM and renames the .nds to .bak
The program then applies the AP fix to a copy of that ROM. So if you ever wanted to use that original ROM again, just rename the .bak to .nds and your done
smile.gif

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Arithmatics said:
~~~~OFF TOPIC~~~~~~~~

So... I'm guessing when the official english version comes out,

The translation would be dead right?

Were that the case,

Can you guys still make a mod with the new logo? - I frakin' love it.
mthrnitesmiley.gif

Not necessarily true. Some people may not want to risk losing their JAP save file by switching to the English games. Also, the JAP version might have more features, plus it gets events 6-9 months before the English version.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
Not necessarily true. Some people may not want to risk losing their JAP save file by switching to the English games. Also, the JAP version might have more features, plus it gets events 6-9 months before the English version.
That could possibly be true, but we will have to wait until the English version comes out to actually prove that theory
smile.gif

frurry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
having trouble here too, tried using xdelta and the batch file patcher, same result, the AP patch works ok, but when it gets to the translation patch it finishes instanly and leaves behind a 0 byte file

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Arithmatics said:
~~~~OFF TOPIC~~~~~~~~

So... I'm guessing when the official english version comes out,

The translation would be dead right?

Were that the case,

Can you guys still make a mod with the new logo? - I frakin' love it.
mthrnitesmiley.gif
No, because the english version will have hard to crack Anti-Piracy.
So they'll make a final translation patch that is the Japanese rom with the English Rom's text files.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
frurry said:
having trouble here too, tried using xdelta and the batch file patcher, same result, the AP patch works ok, but when it gets to the translation patch it finishes instanly and leaves behind a 0 byte file
One thing I could suggest, make sure the files download properly, or the damaged parts won't work right and likely cause problems such as those.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eric345 said:
Works great on my supercard dstwo but its kinnda a bit laggy and a bit slow..
Hmm, thats odd.
unsure.gif
Because I have a DStwo and it runs perfectly fine for me without any lag.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Michael Myers said:
can someone please answer me when is version 8 coming

When its ready.
If they keep answering stupid posts like that then there will be no v8.
Be patient, and stop bugging them.

mrspeacock88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ZenZero said:
Michael Myers said:
can someone please answer me when is version 8 coming

When its ready.
If they keep answering stupid posts like that then there will be no v8.
Be patient, and stop bugging them.
It will come when it comes Personally I think version 7 is enough for now as they deserve a break after all the work they did getting us up to version 7 be grateful they even made the translation patches at all. they are doing a great job and I am happy with version 7 for as long as it takes. Plan to buy both white and black when it comes out in canada. Great Job you guys and thank you for all the translation patches, and thank you spenstar for being the go-between person and posting the patches here and for helping all of us with our issues on our cards

Titanium28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey guys i keep gettin the white screen after patching with rudolph and V7 white. Im using the "R4 Upgrade Revolutin for DS". Can somebody please tell me what i'm doing wrong or what i can do to fix this?

BigNasty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I would just like to start of by congratulating you guys on this amazing achievement. Finally I'll get to play the game in English!

Okay so everything works perfectly fine for me (useful youtube instructions)

My one and only question is this, are the Pokemon names supposed to be the Japanese names?
My starters names are the ones used in the Japanese game, Pokabu for example.

If not would this be caused by a not clean rom?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Working fine on my Cyclo. Gives me and my nephew something to play. He loves Pokemon but he doesn't even understand the concept of other languages at his age, never mind fluent Japanese.

Now to catch a few new beasties while I wait for the mythical Golden Sun AP solution to descend from the heavens in a blaze of glory. IE: sit on my arse and wait for something that shows no signs of happening, like intelligent thought coming from a McDonalds employee.

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
On my M3i zero the House that you can send Pokemon about Download Play dont works!
The Donwload Play dont work!
I use M3 Sakura 1.49 with Download Play Feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay