Website
www.pyronikdesigns.com
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
boktor666 said:
Hey people,

I just walked into white forest in Pokemon white (derp, ofc), but there is not a single patch of grass to be found, only some trees, a few guys and a poké center. Is this due to the patch?
Did you start a game on black, then convert your save to white?

If he did, it would be Black City, not White Forest.
THat isn't the cause of the grass being gone. We still don't know why the grass isn't there. I've read a ton of things that could cause it, most of which I've proven false.
The only one I haven't is using cheats may have something to do with it. I haven't had any grass patches in any of my white games.
I read somewhere that if takes too long to get there, that they vanish. The problem with that is I got as far as I could and than walked through walls to it and the grass still wasn't there, and only with like 5-ish hours of game play. So I don't think it's a time issue. I think a glitch in using cheats may be causing it, or there may still be a trigger withing the game to activate it.

I don't know yet x.x

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Spenstar said:
Fishaman P said:
If you didn't know, ShopTemp was forced to stop selling flashcarts.`
Hmm, I didn't know that :/ Are they going to remove the flashcards from their website then? Because it could be misleading for those who didn't know. (like me
rolleyes.gif
)
The reason they are still there is "for reference only" apparently. But they might be bringing the flashcarts back into the store at some point, and keeping them up there would make it easier to reintegrate them into the site.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
The reason they are still there is "for reference only" apparently. But they might be bringing the flashcarts back into the store at some point, and keeping them up there would make it easier to reintegrate them into the site.
True, or they could code in to hide the flashcard portion of the website. And when they do start to sell the flashcards again, they can just remove that part of the sites code.

But whatever they do, its up to them.
smile.gif

Cokeman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cokeman999 said:
Hello, I've been at this for.. a few hours.
Searching what the problem is, reading the troubleshooting.
I got a clean rom, patched it, translated it.
I have an R4 with YSMENU on it, and I ran the encrypt/decrypt program.
I copied the folder TTMENU onto my micro sd. It said I would overwrite some things, but this did not happen.
I'm guessing I have a bad version of YSMENU. The thing is, the site is down where I can get YSMENU.
Am I screwed?
oh: I get errcode:-4 when I just patch + translate it.
I get errcode:-5 when I encrypt/decrypt it.

Thanks.

Someone help me?
frown.gif

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Cokeman999 said:
Cokeman999 said:
I copied the folder TTMENU onto my micro sd. It said I would overwrite some things, but this did not happen.
I'm guessing I have a bad version of YSMENU. The thing is, the site is down where I can get YSMENU.
Am I screwed?

Thanks.

Someone help me?
frown.gif

Get a better cart.

Pwnage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
Cokeman999 said:
Cokeman999 said:
Am I screwed?

Thanks.

Someone help me?
frown.gif

Get a better cart.

I thought he asked for help, not to be trolled.

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cokeman999 said:
Cokeman999 said:
Am I screwed?

Thanks.

Someone help me?
frown.gif

I strongly suggest you move to WOOD for R4. It fixed a lot of problems with my R4 and it makes it a flashcart as good as the AceKard.

Cheers!

mrspeacock88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
onivan said:
Cokeman999 said:
Cokeman999 said:
Am I screwed?

Thanks.

Someone help me?
frown.gif

I strongly suggest you move to WOOD for R4. It fixed a lot of problems with my R4 and it makes it a flashcart as good as the AceKard.

Cheers!
I tried ysmenu to get it working on my r4 upgrade revolution nearly impossible. so when i bought my new r4i gold card tried wood on it as it wouldnt work on previously mentioned flashcard properly (would work but barely) and it worked great on r4i gold so if it doesnt work on your flashcard i suggest buying r4i gold card or switching to an acekard 2i or something like that. (not trying to troll just trying to help out)

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
onivan said:
Cokeman999 said:
Someone help me?
frown.gif

Cheers!
That is if he is using an original R4 and not a clone.

@Cokeman999
If you do have an original R4, I would follow onivan's advice and change your firmware to Wood R4 (Currently on v1.18) You will then have a great firmware that gets constant updates
smile.gif

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spenstar said:
leeday100196 said:
I know this is off-topic too, but does anyone agree that it sucks that ShopTemp is shut down? I was gonna buy a SCDS2... oh well
glare.gif
Wait, what do you mean "shut down"?
Last I checked ShopTemp, the website was up and running. Or do you mean that the SC DStwo is 'Out of Stock'?
my bad i meant that they don't sell flashcarts anymore.....bloody nintendo and their cheapskate prices....

leeday100196

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elenawing said:
Well thanks for the help guys but I think this may be a problem with m3 sakura itself. Atm i'm not too bothered about the cheats, but i'm going to endevour to see why this isn't working.
here's the thing elenawing (lol that rhymes), my cart runs m3 sakura and im running v7 on it but there's NEVER a problem. so maybe something is wrong with your rom or something to do with it, cuz its fine on my end, including wifi

leeday100196

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PyRoManiAcV3 said:
8BitWalugi said:
boktor666 said:
Hey people,

I just walked into white forest in Pokemon white (derp, ofc), but there is not a single patch of grass to be found, only some trees, a few guys and a poké center. Is this due to the patch?

THat isn't the cause of the grass being gone. We still don't know why the grass isn't there. I've read a ton of things that could cause it, most of which I've proven false.
The only one I haven't is using cheats may have something to do with it. I haven't had any grass patches in any of my white games.
I read somewhere that if takes too long to get there, that they vanish. The problem with that is I got as far as I could and than walked through walls to it and the grass still wasn't there, and only with like 5-ish hours of game play. So I don't think it's a time issue. I think a glitch in using cheats may be causing it, or there may still be a trigger withing the game to activate it.

I don't know yet x.x
here's the thing for me: i was in black city, there were and still are trainers there, and the big building in the middle with the overpriced items was there... AND THEN I LOAD MY GAME LATER AND THE BIG BUILDING IS GONE! WTF WITH THAT! THERE'S AN ENORMOUS SPACE LEFT WHERE IT WAS! maybe Zekrom got to it and blew it up...and btw i havent used any cheats whatsoever on it so it cant have to do with cheats...

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@leeday100196

If you could please not double/triple post that would be appreciated
smile.gif
If you have something else to add, edit your post.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PyRoManiAcV3 said:
8BitWalugi said:
boktor666 said:
Hey people,

I don't know yet x.x

Darn darn darn! I didn't use any cheats, cuz I always play... fair? anyways, I can't find a reason why.. but, couldn't it be influence of the patcher on the game? mabey something within the rom coding is disturbed by applying all the alternated txt's, and MABEY becuz there is a option to convert languagues between english and japanese. idk.

PyRoManiAcV3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pyronikdesigns.com
XP
Country
United States
Well that is one thing it could be still.
We're not 100% sure if the patch is causing it or not. Because a lot of people using the patch still have the grass/buildings. So I don't know.

Cokeman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spenstar said:
onivan said:
Cokeman999 said:
Someone help me?
frown.gif

Cheers!
That is if he is using an original R4 and not a clone.

@Cokeman999
If you do have an original R4, I would follow onivan's advice and change your firmware to Wood R4 (Currently on v1.18) You will then have a great firmware that gets constant updates
smile.gif

It worked!!
Cheers, mate!
smile.gif

Pwnage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it jus the beginning of the game where a chunk of the text is in japanese j/w because i barely get any english text and the japanese text seem somewhat important in the plot.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pwnage said:
Is it jus the beginning of the game where a chunk of the text is in japanese j/w because i barely get any english text and the japanese text seem somewhat important in the plot.
Where in the beginning is the text not translated?

Pwnage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty much everytime the professor comes around my text changes to japanese from the point I talk to her and on =\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4