ROM Hack Pokemon B/W trouble with certain Micro SD cards

TheMantyke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that a lot of people can at least get to the title screen of the screen with the doctor on it. Does anyone else have a problem where all they get upon booting up the game is a completely white screen with no sound or anything?

yamizace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sebbel said:
yamizace said:
Sebbel said:
It works fine with a Sandisk 2 GB, if it helps.

I have a 2gb sandisk and it isnt working. Would you mind posting your settings so i can see if i did something wrong with mine? I have akaio 1.7.1

First of all, I patched it of course.
Then i just disabled Soft reset, cheats and ds download play. It works without any freezes and with exp gain. I am at the second leader right now, without any complications.

What class sd micro do you have? I think that mine may not be fast enough.

rpyleoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can verify that it fails to work on a Sandisk SDHC 8GB, and 32GB cards, they're C.2..i will test with my 2GB sandisk and see what i can get from it. based on other replies, it should work 8)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rpyleoh said:
i can verify that it fails to work on a Sandisk SDHC 8GB, and 32GB cards, they're C.2..i will test with my 2GB sandisk and see what i can get from it. based on other replies, it should work 8)
I wonder what all the people who were saying 'Class 2 is plenty fast enough for NDS flashcarts' will say if this turns out to be a problem with the read/write speeds of Class 2/4 MicroSDHCs.

rpyleoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
rpyleoh said:
I wonder what all the people who were saying 'Class 2 is plenty fast enough for NDS flashcarts' will say if this turns out to be a problem with the read/write speeds of Class 2/4 MicroSDHCs.

i doubt the class is likely, i just tested with my other 32GB, it's C.6
tongue.gif

It failed epically to
tongue.gif

yamizace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine that everyone who has a working rom on their card, has a class 6 or 10. They are pretty rare for people to have.

rpyleoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yamizace said:
I can't imagine that everyone who has a working rom on their card, has a class 6 or 10. They are pretty rare for people to have.

doesn't work with C.10 either T_T i just tried with a 4GB one, ya i got like every Sandisk micro SD available
tongue.gif

but...2GB PWNS! works PERFECTLY on a 2GB, patched with hex edit, then with the Child's Play Patch
tongue.gif

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, that's possible as well.
Has anyone gotten the games to run on a C2/C4 card, or had it not working on a C6/C10 card?

...didn't I see someone saying that they couldn't get the game running on their [something] 4GB C6 card on another thread?

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done some testing myself. I have two Kingston microSD cards. One is an SDHC being 4 GB, the other is a 2 GB regular microSD. The SDHC card is class 4, but was made in Taiwan. The SD card was made in Japan, but I am not entirely sure what class. Both were bought at the same store, but on different days (I bought them at Fry's when they were on sale). The SD card ran the game, but the SDHC card would black screen right before you enter your room. I have to concur that SDHC cards may not run the game that well, while SD cards have no problem. My other games seem to have no problem on the SDHC card, but I have yet to test Last Window as I know it has AP. It could be the fact that it was made in Taiwan as well and that the Japanese Kingston is superior, but I have a feeling that it's the fact that it's an SDHC card in the Acekard 2i that has problems running Pokemon Black and White. They run just fine on the SD card, but not on the SDHC.

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

The Shadow Knigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Zurren said:
http://gbatemp.net/t255095-official-ap-pat...p;#entry3134159
Nikolay said:
Using an 8 GB SanDisk Class 2 card and it works just fine on acekard 2i w/ AKAIO 1.7.1
Yeah, it looks like it has nothing to do with the class, or the size.
My guess is that the problem is somehow related to where the cards come from - maybe B/W simply hate the ones that come from Taiwan?

I'm running White perfectly on a 4 GB SDHC, class 2, Lexar SD. Which is labeled... Made in Taiwan =/

EDIT: I do have to say that there don't seem to be a lot of people using a Lexar SD. Perhaps it's Taiwan made SD's from other brands that cause trouble.

SoughtParadox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
I've done some testing myself. I have two Kingston microSD cards. One is an SDHC being 4 GB, the other is a 2 GB regular microSD. The SDHC card is class 4, but was made in Taiwan. The SD card was made in Japan, but I am not entirely sure what class. Both were bought at the same store, but on different days (I bought them at Fry's when they were on sale). The SD card ran the game, but the SDHC card would black screen right before you enter your room. I have to concur that SDHC cards may not run the game that well, while SD cards have no problem. My other games seem to have no problem on the SDHC card, but I have yet to test Last Window as I know it has AP. It could be the fact that it was made in Taiwan as well and that the Japanese Kingston is superior, but I have a feeling that it's the fact that it's an SDHC card in the Acekard 2i that has problems running Pokemon Black and White. They run just fine on the SD card, but not on the SDHC.

I have a Kingston 4 GB SDHC which doesnt load the game after the prof's speech. Would this be the correct 2 GB regular microSD? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0015R2...=A1ZZBF9XLTRQNM

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoughtParadox said:
Aeladya said:

I have a Kingston 4 GB SDHC which doesnt load the game after the prof's speech. Would this be the correct 2 GB regular microSD? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0015R2...=A1ZZBF9XLTRQNM

kingston.jpg

That's what I have and that's what's working for me. I bought it on sale at Fry's. I am not sure why the SDHC ones don't seem to work, it might be due to them being made in Taiwan as well. You can try from Newegg as well. They sell good cards for cheap.

AoiAoiAoi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think I got a toughie right.
Game Title: Pocket Monsters Black
Game System:Nintendo DSL
Release Number:5216
Firmware version: AKAIO 1.7.1
Loader version:15/7/2010
Acekard type:Acekard 2.1 "Faulty" Brand (sorry, don't know the PCB color)
Acekard HWID:80
Description of problem: When booting into PKMN Black, it loads the "THE POKEMON COMPANY - NINTENDO ™"screen but then freezes on the screen where the intro credit screen:
"1997 Gamefreak
1997...."
appears.
Steps to reproduce: Boot Pocket Monster Black and wait.
Debugged: I have tried the regular, Green and Red DMA modes. All freezes. Incidentally, when booting into Red and Green DMA modes, one can't even see the first screen; it stays white. Only using the regular Yellow DMA modes does even the POKEMON COMPANY screen appears. I have tried a Sandisk 2GB and Kingston 4GB microSD card and has failed to work. I have formatted them both with Ubuntu's GParted, Windows' default formatter and Panasonic formatter. No positive results yield. Tried several copies of ROMs using both Ubuntu and Windows. No luck. As a last resort, tried booting Black with offical Acekard loader. No luck either. Tried (5215) Pocket Monsters White with same results. Used my friends "pre-Dec 09" AK2.1 and the problem does not occur.
EDIT: Tried Lexar 512mb microsd and failed on Dec 09 Acekard. Does not seem to be issue with microsds or ROM. Played my ROMS on Desume and runs fine.
Other:I personally think that this blackscreen issue could be because I'm using the 'faulty" HWID:80 Acekard 2.1. Even though AKAIO resolved the issue in 1.7, there could be lingering issues. For example, the only other game AKAIO "fixed" was 4 elements (id:?). Maybe, check compatabilty with faulty AK2.1? Reading others on internet forums, most of the Acekard users freeze up after meeting the Professor or have only occasional freezes and the no EXP issue. Just my 2 cents though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries