ROM Hack Pokemon B/W AP Discussion Thread

Cavetree

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been lurking for some time and gathering information about what I would like to do. So far everything seems possible. Correct me if I am wrong however.
[*]I own a retail copy of Pokemon White and I am looking to dump my own ROM to use on my (soon to be) Acekard 2i using the Wi-Fi method. With the latest Akaio 1.8.6a release this should present no problems and I shouldn't have to use any patches.

[*]Using the Acekard 2i and the Wi-Fi method I plan on backing up my retail save file. I should be able to take my save file from the retail cart, edit it how I please (Pokesav/Pokegen), and then transfer it back to my retail cart without issue. This save file should be compatible with the ROM on my Acekard 2i as well. I am somewhat concerned with the integrity of the .sav file as it bounces between programs (such as Pokesav) and media (retail cart/Acekard 2i). For those who have experience with what I am attempting to do, is there anything I need to consider?

Thank you in advance for your help. I would also like to thank those in the community that take the time to provide this insane amount of information and attempt to organize it.

happy.gif

D

Deleted-236924

Cavetree said:
I have been lurking for some time and gathering information about what I would like to do. So far everything seems possible. Correct me if I am wrong however.
[*]I own a retail copy of Pokemon White and I am looking to dump my own ROM to use on my (soon to be) Acekard 2i using the Wi-Fi method. With the latest Akaio 1.8.6a release this should present no problems and I shouldn't have to use any patches.

[*]Using the Acekard 2i and the Wi-Fi method I plan on backing up my retail save file. I should be able to take my save file from the retail cart, edit it how I please (Pokesav/Pokegen), and then transfer it back to my retail cart without issue. This save file should be compatible with the ROM on my Acekard 2i as well. I am somewhat concerned with the integrity of the .sav file as it bounces between programs (such as Pokesav) and media (retail cart/Acekard 2i). For those who have experience with what I am attempting to do, is there anything I need to consider?

Thank you in advance for your help. I would also like to thank those in the community that take the time to provide this insane amount of information and attempt to organize it.

happy.gif
The AceKard should use the same save type as Pokesav/PokeGen, use AKAIO to be sure (It's better anyway.)
Be prepared to wait up to 26 hours to dump your White cartridge, though.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cavetree said:
I own a retail copy of Pokemon White and I am looking to dump my own ROM to use on my (soon to be) Acekard 2i using the Wi-Fi method. With the latest Akaio 1.8.6a release this should present no problems and I shouldn't have to use any patches.
Why?

Just download it instead of wasting a huge amount of time and effort for no reason.

Cavetree

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Cavetree said:

happy.gif

The AceKard should use the same save type as Pokesav/PokeGen, use AKAIO to be sure (It's better anyway.)
Be prepared to wait up to 26 hours to dump your White cartridge, though.

So I have heard. Thank you.

Urza said:
QUOTE(Cavetree @ Mar 13 2011, 05:45 PM)
I own a retail copy of Pokemon White and I am looking to dump my own ROM to use on my (soon to be) Acekard 2i using the Wi-Fi method. With the latest Akaio 1.8.6a release this should present no problems and I shouldn't have to use any patches.
Why?

Just download it instead of wasting a huge amount of time and effort for no reason.
I am a masochist. Jk
smile.gif

You make a good point. Thanks.

Waganga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I read pages and pages of this thread and can't find what I need, so I will just post.

I have:
Clean White Rom (U)
DS Lite
AK2
AKAIO 1.8.6a (latest)

I can't get my white rom to load. I get a yellow "loading", a white screen with The Pokemon Company and Nintendo on it, and then black nothingness, the same as would happen for me with the Jap versions.

I tried disabling AP and disabling soft-reset, but no luck.

Help?

I hope I am asking in the right place! Apologies if I have my head up my butt.

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

mylesmadness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mylesmadness said:
shadowsiul said:
mylesmadness said:
Fishaman P said:
WRONG.

I've heard it has to do with slow MicroSD cards. Make sure you have a Class 4 (or higher) card, then free up some space.
Writing speed: 6.05 MByte/s
Reading speed: 9.65 MByte/s

That would make it a class 6 correct? Which means speed isn't the problem...
try reformting the sdcard
I've reformated it using http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/, still nothing. I've tried multiple ds's and multiable microsd cards, nothing. Pokemon Black from japan worked fine, but not U
unsure.gif
I still need help with this. I know I sound leechy and such, but I have NO idea why this doesn't work...

Snadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I got it working on my DSTTi with this stuff, thank you very much for that!!!

But when i tried it on my normal DSTT tht i used to use and gave to my brother, it wont work. Is this made to work on both DSTT and DSTTi or just for DSTTi?(Or did i make a mistake?)

P.S.:Why does the Wood thingy make your menu so...well...they way it looks

Pokedino1971

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry if someone already asked this. I downloaded both patches, I updated the text file as instructed, but when I try to patch my ROM I get the following message:

To run this application, you first must instal one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.

I honestly haven't the foggiest idea what to do with that and where to go. I hope one of you can help me.

I tried ROMs for both Black and White in Japanese (just to find out whether or not the bit of Japanese I know will help me understand). I downloaded them in December 2010. Both worked just fine (and I mean fine!). Then the Black one decided to omit the Battle button at a certain point. Pity the Union Room wasn't working then anymore either. When I tried to restart the Black version with a new character - no more exp. points, even though it was the same ROM. The White version is still running smoothly. I just transferred a lot of Pokémon to my Original White game cartridge.

For those who read this far: I'm from Germany, I'm 40 years young, I'm female and I love a good Pokémon battle
yaynds.gif

Thanks in advance
Pokedino

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Pokedino1971 said:
Sorry if someone already asked this. I downloaded both patches, I updated the text file as instructed, but when I try to patch my ROM I get the following message:

To run this application, you first must instal one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.

I honestly haven't the foggiest idea what to do with that and where to go. I hope one of you can help me.

I tried ROMs for both Black and White in Japanese (just to find out whether or not the bit of Japanese I know will help me understand). I downloaded them in December 2010. Both worked just fine (and I mean fine!). Then the Black one decided to omit the Battle button at a certain point. Pity the Union Room wasn't working then anymore either. When I tried to restart the Black version with a new character - no more exp. points, even though it was the same ROM. The White version is still running smoothly. I just transferred a lot of Pokémon to my Original White game cartridge.

For those who read this far: I'm from Germany, I'm 40 years young, I'm female and I love a good Pokémon battle
yaynds.gif

Thanks in advance
Pokedino
It's really not that hard if you read the error.

BlazinH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it true that Nintendo WFC doesn't work for some people?

I run a DSTTi with RetroMultiCart v6.54, YSMenu, and I'm unable to use the GTS or even receive my Friend Code to share. It always gives me the "No Compatible Access Point" message, and in one rare instance during Game Sync, a "Communication Error". C-Gear gets its well deserved bars, however.
As for the rom, I used both a clean (Uncracked they called it) then Patched (using the method in OP) Pokemon Black Version (U), and a pre-patched Pokemon Black Version (E), using a .sav file from the latter, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

XDarkJedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The firmware link in my signature will fix any issues for every TTDS user.
No need to use WoodTT now, thank god.
I don't know who made it, but I've seen nothing about it anywhere else.

I'm pretty sure it should be added to the 1st post as it is confirmed working with no issues for B/W.

I patched B/W with the OpenPatch AP patch and my games work fine with this firmware.

I'm not sure if it will work without the AP patch, I've read it would.

EndlessEcho

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hatchetball said:

I'm pretty sure it should be added to the 1st post as it is confirmed working with no issues for B/W.

I patched B/W with the OpenPatch AP patch and my games work fine with this firmware.

OOPS nvm... edited, don't mind my PM...

I guess you have to register to see the links :B

Anyways, I will be back confirming if it works or not
biggrin.gif

UPDATE:

Damn, it isn't working... hmm, I think I have a patched rom that isn't the right patch for ttds. I'm gonna find a clean rom.

UPDATE 2:

AWESOME WORKED! Haven't had the time to play but no more error code 4!

THANKS A LOT! +1

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EndlessEcho said:
Hatchetball said:

OOPS nvm... edited, don't mind my PM...

I guess you have to register to see the links :B

Anyways, I will be back confirming if it works or not
biggrin.gif

UPDATE:

Damn, it isn't working... hmm, I think I have a patched rom that isn't the right patch for ttds. I'm gonna find a clean rom.

UPDATE 2:

AWESOME WORKED! Haven't had the time to play but no more error code 4!

THANKS A LOT! +1

Thank you for confirming that it needs a Patched ROM!
biggrin.gif
This does work epicly. Playing right now.

BTW: I'm referring to B/W (USA/EUR/JAP) Versions.

@OP - This should be on the first post man, it deserves to be
wink.gif

EDIT: Anyone with a TTDS will want to use this

Centimetro

Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
in addition to the white screens after wifi or a soft reset on M3i Zero, I'm also experiencing a bit of slowdown while running with other characters on the screen, and slowdown while entering buildings and a few other things that are NOT present on my supercard ds two, and its not my sd card either

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...