1. Cavetree

Cavetree Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have been lurking for some time and gathering information about what I would like to do. So far everything seems possible. Correct me if I am wrong however.
    [*]I own a retail copy of Pokemon White and I am looking to dump my own ROM to use on my (soon to be) Acekard 2i using the Wi-Fi method. With the latest Akaio 1.8.6a release this should present no problems and I shouldn't have to use any patches.

[*]Using the Acekard 2i and the Wi-Fi method I plan on backing up my retail save file. I should be able to take my save file from the retail cart, edit it how I please (Pokesav/Pokegen), and then transfer it back to my retail cart without issue. This save file should be compatible with the ROM on my Acekard 2i as well. I am somewhat concerned with the integrity of the .sav file as it bounces between programs (such as Pokesav) and media (retail cart/Acekard 2i). For those who have experience with what I am attempting to do, is there anything I need to consider?

Thank you in advance for your help. I would also like to thank those in the community that take the time to provide this insane amount of information and attempt to organize it.

[​IMG]

2. The AceKard should use the same save type as Pokesav/PokeGen, use AKAIO to be sure (It's better anyway.)
    Be prepared to wait up to 26 hours to dump your White cartridge, though.

3. Urza

Urza hi

United States
    Why?

Just download it instead of wasting a huge amount of time and effort for no reason.

4. Cavetree

Cavetree Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I am a masochist. Jk [​IMG]

You make a good point. Thanks.

5. Killer Phantom

Killer Phantom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm playing Pokemon Black on AKAIO 1.8.5a, and it almost always freeze when I try to save.

Any solution?

6. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
  7. Waganga

Waganga Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Man, I read pages and pages of this thread and can't find what I need, so I will just post.

I have:
    Clean White Rom (U)
    DS Lite
    AK2
    AKAIO 1.8.6a (latest)

I can't get my white rom to load. I get a yellow "loading", a white screen with The Pokemon Company and Nintendo on it, and then black nothingness, the same as would happen for me with the Jap versions.

I tried disabling AP and disabling soft-reset, but no luck.

Help?

I hope I am asking in the right place! Apologies if I have my head up my butt.

8. Killer Phantom

Killer Phantom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I tried to update to 1.8.6a but I ended up always getting a clone detection... so I can't use 1.8.6a.

9. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Hm... is it possible you have a clone? [​IMG]

10. mylesmadness

mylesmadness Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I still need help with this. I know I sound leechy and such, but I have NO idea why this doesn't work...

11. Snadet

Snadet Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    I got it working on my DSTTi with this stuff, thank you very much for that!!!

But when i tried it on my normal DSTT tht i used to use and gave to my brother, it wont work. Is this made to work on both DSTT and DSTTi or just for DSTTi?(Or did i make a mistake?)

P.S.:Why does the Wood thingy make your menu so...well...they way it looks

12. Pokedino1971

Pokedino1971 Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Sorry if someone already asked this. I downloaded both patches, I updated the text file as instructed, but when I try to patch my ROM I get the following message:

To run this application, you first must instal one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727
    Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.

I honestly haven't the foggiest idea what to do with that and where to go. I hope one of you can help me.

I tried ROMs for both Black and White in Japanese (just to find out whether or not the bit of Japanese I know will help me understand). I downloaded them in December 2010. Both worked just fine (and I mean fine!). Then the Black one decided to omit the Battle button at a certain point. Pity the Union Room wasn't working then anymore either. When I tried to restart the Black version with a new character - no more exp. points, even though it was the same ROM. The White version is still running smoothly. I just transferred a lot of Pokémon to my Original White game cartridge.

For those who read this far: I'm from Germany, I'm 40 years young, I'm female and I love a good Pokémon battle [​IMG]

Thanks in advance
    Pokedino

13. terminal_illness

terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    working on itouchds i got it from a torrent site said it was patched.

14. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    It's really not that hard if you read the error.

15. BlazinH

BlazinH Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is it true that Nintendo WFC doesn't work for some people?

I run a DSTTi with RetroMultiCart v6.54, YSMenu, and I'm unable to use the GTS or even receive my Friend Code to share. It always gives me the "No Compatible Access Point" message, and in one rare instance during Game Sync, a "Communication Error". C-Gear gets its well deserved bars, however.
    As for the rom, I used both a clean (Uncracked they called it) then Patched (using the method in OP) Pokemon Black Version (U), and a pre-patched Pokemon Black Version (E), using a .sav file from the latter, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

16. XDarkJedi

XDarkJedi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

The new update V1.34b came out last night . Tried it saved & worked !

17. Hatchetball

Hatchetball RepititionRedundancyRepitition

United States
    The firmware link in my signature will fix any issues for every TTDS user.
    No need to use WoodTT now, thank god.
    I don't know who made it, but I've seen nothing about it anywhere else.

I'm pretty sure it should be added to the 1st post as it is confirmed working with no issues for B/W.

I patched B/W with the OpenPatch AP patch and my games work fine with this firmware.

I'm not sure if it will work without the AP patch, I've read it would.

18. EndlessEcho

EndlessEcho Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada

OOPS nvm... edited, don't mind my PM...

I guess you have to register to see the links :B

Anyways, I will be back confirming if it works or not [​IMG]

UPDATE:

Damn, it isn't working... hmm, I think I have a patched rom that isn't the right patch for ttds. I'm gonna find a clean rom.

UPDATE 2:

AWESOME WORKED! Haven't had the time to play but no more error code 4!

THANKS A LOT! +1

19. Hatchetball

Hatchetball RepititionRedundancyRepitition

United States
    Thank you for confirming that it needs a Patched ROM! [​IMG] This does work epicly. Playing right now.

BTW: I'm referring to B/W (USA/EUR/JAP) Versions.

@OP - This should be on the first post man, it deserves to be [​IMG]

EDIT: Anyone with a TTDS will want to use this

20. Centimetro

Centimetro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    in addition to the white screens after wifi or a soft reset on M3i Zero, I'm also experiencing a bit of slowdown while running with other characters on the screen, and slowdown while entering buildings and a few other things that are NOT present on my supercard ds two, and its not my sd card either

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Discussion, Pokemon, Thread