Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And done:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-gat...mware-for-anything.387170/page-3#post-5458644

that's easy :)
Update your 9.5 O3DS XL to 9.7 (Let's call it O3DSXL 1)
get another O3DS XL that's on 9.2 or lower (Let's call it O3DSXL 2)
Install GW Emunand on it
Update GW-Emunand to 9.5 through CIA's downloaded with 3DSNUS (Latest supported FW by GW)
Backup your emunand with emunandtool
use rxTools 2.3/2.4 to update the emunand to 9.7 (Be sure it says in settings RX-E, then don't go out of settings but go to the update option to update)
System transffer O3DS XL 1 to O3DSXL 2 rxTools emunand 9.7

Your NNID and bought eShop games are now on O3DSXL 2 9.7 Emunand.

Now if you want to use not so legit cia files you need to do a few more steps (that's why you needed to backup your GW emunand with emunandtool)

This is EXACTLY what i wanted to know. Why was that so hard folks?

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep your Sky3Ds, it's handy to update your O3DSXL 2 to 9.2 IF it has a lower FW (USA needs to use the SSB revision with 9.2 update on it)
Write it to Sky3Ds and play the game in sysnand it will ask you to update to 9.2 before you can play it.

You need a little more then justusing the backup of the GW emunand.
in rx-emunand 9.7, be sure to downloaded all your needs from the eshop and do all your game updates that need it
then, when you are satisfied and have everything, boot into rxTools menu and extract the "ticked.db" from rx-emunand 9.7
then when still in rxTools menu inject "ticked.db" into sysnand (Sysnand and emunand needs to be linked)
Now make a backup of your RX-Emunand 9.7 with emunandtool on your computer and inject the backup of GW-Emunand 9.5 you made earlier into your emunand
Boot rxTools Menu again and inject "ticked;db" into emunand this time
reboot 3Ds and use Gateway to boot into GW emunand 9.5 now
All your games, purchases and updates are now available in your GW-emunand 9.5 and you can now also use not so legit cia games (since rxTools does not support piracy in it's emunand)

iSovereign

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He wants to inject pokemon he created in pkhex to his retail cart. You need a 3ds that is on firmware 9.0 -9.X (not sure which revision patched web injection, probably 9.2)

The web injection method does not work in any emunand

But doing it with the web injection method is just a pain though. It's so much easier to dump a cia save with sdf and edit the entire save game with pkhex. Use pokemon bank to mass move all the pokemon you injected into the cia to a retail cart. This way works on any firmware between 4.5-9.2

Do you have any idea if this method will work on firmware v 9.7. I recently updated to that before I knew such a thing as injection or save data file editing existed. Thanks for the reply!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any idea if this method will work on firmware v 9.7. I recently updated to that before I knew such a thing as injection or save data file editing existed. Thanks for the reply!

Your screwed if your on 9.7.

Best firmware to be on is 9.2 or below

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-