Darkseeker109

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
'We have finally hacked the 3DS! Gen 6 battle videos coming very soon.'

What does this mean exactly? does this mean we will be able to download hacked pokemon to x and y from their custom gts servers?

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'We have finally hacked the 3DS! Gen 6 battle videos coming very soon.'

What does this mean exactly? does this mean we will be able to download hacked pokemon to x and y from their custom gts servers?
LMAO. Wow, I can't believe how people, despite having such a clear statement, just read what they want to hear.

RNP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Bottom of the page:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-x-y-dumper-and-editor.356901/page-39

The pokecheck.org team (Some outside of the website) have hacked the 3DS to an extent that it is allowing "reverse engineering" according to Kaphotics. The exploit will be hosted server side like Pokecheck currently operates now, so this means they have control over what can viewed or done with the data acquired from the/your game.

They do not support hacking the 3DS or using hacks as far I know, so don't count on sending or receiving 6th gen hacks.

From what I understand the exploit takes pokemon battle video data and decrypts it or modifies it in such a way that it allows you to see the hidden information about your pokemon in the video. This more than likely means trainer shiny values, shiny values, PIDs, and other information will be viewable.

I am not backed up at all, but I would be willing to bet the Pokecheck team will release the exploit feature on the website by the end of the month.

For more information, I'd recommend contacting Kaphotics himself on this website or reddit, and if he doesn't reply, just don't worry about it. Lastly, if you are really interested in getting info, do not under any circumstances go the website and ask in the shoutbox. They don't like 6th gen discussion even though they are LITERALLY begging people to ask about it by having it in the news/features box.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bottom of the page:

The pokecheck.org team (Some outside of the website) have hacked the 3DS to an extent that it is allowing "reverse engineering" according to Kaphotics. The exploit will be hosted server side like Pokecheck currently operates now, so this means they have control over what can viewed or done with the data acquired from the/your game.

Sounds like they accomplished similar results as smealum when he revealed, a while back, the hidden pokemon.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In other words, "we used the widely available resources to get to the point where all the other hackers have gotten to and we're not sharing anything because we don't support hacking the 3DS or using hacks", no Gateway alternative available anytime soon, no custom firmware, nihil novi, case closed. :)

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Bottom of the page:

They do not support hacking the 3DS or using hacks as far I know, so don't count on sending or receiving 6th gen hacks.

From what I understand the exploit takes pokemon battle video data and decrypts it or modifies it in such a way that it allows you to see the hidden information about your pokemon in the video. This more than likely means trainer shiny values, shiny values, PIDs, and other information will be viewable.

I am not backed up at all, but I would be willing to bet the Pokecheck team will release the exploit feature on the website by the end of the month.

For more information, I'd recommend contacting Kaphotics himself on this website or reddit, and if he doesn't reply, just don't worry about it. Lastly, if you are really interested in getting info, do not under any circumstances go the website and ask in the shoutbox. They don't like 6th gen discussion even though they are LITERALLY begging people to ask about it by having it in the news/features box.

i think they used familiar method of instacheck
but i think after update 1.2 , they can't used it again
maybe they decrypt 1.2

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People on this site are really mean... It's pretty disgusting and pathetic actually

People on this site are also giving away a $100 gift certificate.

On-topic, I'm not at all surprised by this. It was only a matter of time before the exploit found by Gateway was used for other purposes, as has been already demonstrated by smea.

Reactions: Robotica72

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other words, "we used the widely available resources to get to the point where all the other hackers have gotten to and we're not sharing anything because we don't support hacking the 3DS or using hacks", no Gateway alternative available anytime soon, no custom firmware, nihil novi, case closed. :)
Exactly. Same a Wii U "hackers.". People claim hacks but won't release and say, "You hack and make an sdk and maybe we will release.". Where did real hackers go? New gen is watered down?

Reactions: 1NOOB and jalaneme

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of us do try to be as nice as possible - the rest has chit-chats with the moderation staff when they cross the line. Everyone's welcome on GBATemp. ;)
Mods are not fair. "Off topic" =ban while many are involved. A guy wished death on me by fire. They cited private messages as well. People can be mean but the discipline has hardly seemed fair. Some also flame bait but the baiter, master or novice, lmfao, usually gets a pass. The scene died for current gen. Carts and odde(s) are "it" and then you get garbage like GW bricking. Pirates charging for theft? Not hard to figure out why people are angry.

Shut up or release. Share with friends and stop attention whoring. Meaning groups like f0f and others keep it inner circle. Keep it there as it is. Stuff tweets, blogs, videos, threads where the sun doesn't shine or release. Tired of these threads. I hope it will bring a release so I read them. I need to ignore if the word "release" is not in the thread topic.

Reactions: jalaneme

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Exactly. Same a Wii U "hackers.". People claim hacks but won't release and say, "You hack and make an sdk and maybe we will release.". Where did real hackers go? New gen is watered down?
They're still real hackers - they hack things, that's what defines them as hackers. Releasing hacks is not a hacker's duty in any shape or form, especially if it's done for sport, for the heck of it or for personal use. The community is in no way entitled to demand someone else's hard work - all I was saying was that this "development" changes nothing scene-wise.
Mods are not fair. "Off topic" =ban while many are involved. A guy wished death on me by fire. They cited private messages as well. People can be mean but the discipline has hardly seemed fair. Some also flame bait but the baiter, master or novice, lmfao, usually gets a pass. The scene died for current gen. Carts and odde(s) are "it" and then you get garbage like GW bricking. Pirates charging for theft? Not hard to figure out why people are angry.
Are you implying that the modchips and flashcarts were ever any different? I don't remember witnessing a flashcart and modchip rain, I was under the impression that you had to buy those... I wish I did though, I have plenty of retro systems that need modding. As for your adventures with moderators, I'm willing to wager that what you're describing was someone's morbid sense of humour rather than malicious intent.
Shut up or release. Share with friends and stop attention whoring. Meaning groups like f0f and others keep it inner circle. Keep it there as it is. Stuff tweets, blogs, videos, threads where the sun doesn't shine or release. Tired of these threads. I hope it will bring a release so I read them. I need to ignore if the word "release" is not in the thread topic.
Again, not attention whoring, sharing results. If you don't care for posts hackers make about their work, don't follow them. Nobody is standing over you with a loaded shotgun - it's your personal choice to get all worked up about this. Your plan to avoid this kind of threads will do you good. ;)

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're still real hackers - they hack things, that's what defines them as hackers. Releasing hacks is not a hacker's duty in any shape or form, especially if it's done for sport, for the heck of it or for personal use. The community is in no way entitled to demand someone else's hard work - all I was saying was that this "development" changes nothing scene-wise.
Are you implying that the modchips and flashcarts were ever any different? I don't remember witnessing a flashcart and modchip rain, I was under the impression that you had to buy those... I wish I did though, I have plenty of retro systems that need modding. As for your adventures with moderators, I'm willing to wager that what you're describing was someone's morbid sense of humour rather than malicious intent.
Again, not attention whoring, sharing results. If you don't care for posts hackers make about their work, don't follow them. Nobody is standing over you with a loaded shotgun - it's your personal choice to get all worked up about this. Your plan to avoid this kind of threads will do you good. ;)
Reign, lol. Only real error in your post. Auto correct error I'd wager.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Reign, lol. Only real error in your post. Auto correct error I'd wager.
No, no, no - I meant a literal rain of modchips and flashcarts - modchips and flashcarts spontaneously falling from the sky... so that I could acquire them for free.

I was under the impression that you implied current generation flashcart manufacturers are naughty because they demand money for their products. Perhaps it wasn't rain though - maybe they grew on trees, how would I know? :P

The 3DS has been hacked for a long time now, it's just that no one has done anything useful with it yet, claiming "piracy."
A number of useful things were done - smealum worked out the encryption and system title format, there's a ROP launcher available, a set of tools to compile code... everything you need for basic homebrew.

Oh, you meant a backup loader - no, we don't have that yet. :)

Reactions: TerryG and gamefan5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.