Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like the progress bar in Crown3DS ?

Nope. I'm part of the Pokécheck team and I know there's actual progress.

We were the ones who made the initial exploit public (that spawned instacheck, battle analyzer, and this thread); we just aren't ready to let people know yet.

For the record, Gateway is about to release two relevant features:

Compatibility with Card2 games, making Pokemon X/Y compatible with the card.
Ability to dump retail cartridges.

Being able to dump a Pokemon X/Y cartridge allows us as well to dump the save within the card, which opens the possibility for the next Pokesav/Pokegen. The only inconvenient left is the save encryption, something that I personally believe it's a lot easier to overcome than encrypted packets.

It's still better/easier to decrypt traffic than it is to decrypt saves on hacked consoles. Just a single packet of data compared to an entire save file? Plus you wouldn't need a hacked console!

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's still better/easier to decrypt traffic than it is to decrypt saves on hacked consoles. Just a single packet of data compared to an entire save file? Plus you wouldn't need a hacked console!

Nowhere in my post is mentioned something that suggest that the work must be done through a "hacked console". Also, analysing the entire save against a simple Pokemon file should give more information about the internal function of the game.

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nope. I'm part of the Pokécheck team and I know there's actual progress.

We were the ones who made the initial exploit public (that spawned instacheck, battle analyzer, and this thread); we just aren't ready to let people know yet.

Exploit ? I tried decrypting that damn checksum for a way too long time but i don't remember any exploit _@

Nowhere in my post is mentioned something that suggest that the work must be done through a "hacked console". Also, analysing the entire save against a simple Pokemon file should give more information about the internal function of the game.

The Problem with that is to understand the save file we need to understand the internal function of the game anyway ^^
In the end it will probably be easier to analyze how web traffic is encrypted instead of understanding how the pokemon save is constructed

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Problem with that is to understand the save file we need to understand the internal function of the game anyway ^^

Well, that's probable. There's not too much info about the 6.X save encryption, so this could be a hard task, but for sure it would be the best solution if it's accomplished.

Reactions: digipokemaster

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, that's probable. There's not too much info about the 6.X save encryption, so this could be a hard task, but for sure it would be the best solution if it's accomplished.

I imagine it won't be long for us to have access to ramdumps of pokemon itself, the encryption of network traffic will be easy to figure out with that.

Reactions: popeel1

popeel1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so are they gonna release this on pokecheck or they just gonna tease me with this!, or is it just battle videos?

and they are definitely going to be putting the bullshit ribbons on the pokemon so they become illegal. Good thing we can at least get good breeding parents out of this tho.

CharlesHoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a DS save save adapter (the one I that was meant for DS but was updated to take 3DS saves) would I be able to use this software with that? Or is there a different software for that?

popeel1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well it wouldnt work on pokemon and animal crossing because they are a special save file type called "nand save". it might work on all other games tho

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

RNP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Excuse me guys, I thought I might try to contribute here. I don't know anymore than anyone else, but I've got something of an idea. According to Kaphotics this "exploit" is related to the battle videos. He claims they are saved to the sd card and that from there they can be accessed through whatever program it is they/he are/is currently working on.

I of course don't know if the battlevideos are encrypted at all and I also have no idea what data would be present if they were decrypted. This is just assumptions based on Kaphotics posts here: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades/comments/1w2a1b/psa_pokecheck_makes_breakthrough_for_gen_vi/

PS: Howdy Kaphotics, I'm interested in what the future brings.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me guys, I thought I might try to contribute here. I don't know anymore than anyone else, but I've got something of an idea. According to Kaphotics this "exploit" is related to the battle videos. He claims they are saved to the sd card and that from there they can be accessed through whatever program it is they/he are/is currently working on.

I of course don't know if the battlevideos are encrypted at all and I also have no idea what data would be present if they were decrypted. This is just assumptions based on Kaphotics posts here: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades/comments/1w2a1b/psa_pokecheck_makes_breakthrough_for_gen_vi/

PS: Howdy Kaphotics, I'm interested in what the future brings.

Battle Videos from Local tournaments are indeed stored on the SD card, but they are encrypted with console keys -- thus they are only good for archiving for later viewing.

Pokecheck's upcoming feature/exploit is entirely different, and will actually be useful in terms of data viewing.

RNP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Battle Videos from Local tournaments are indeed stored on the SD card, but they are encrypted with console keys -- thus they are only good for archiving for later viewing.

Pokecheck's upcoming feature/exploit is entirely different, and will actually be useful in terms of data viewing.

That's interesting. It's the same thing I've seen everywhere since the announcement, but interesting none-the-less.

I have two questions for you:

It's been implied that the 3DS is hacked, I could quote the announcement itself on pokecheck.org, but I think we can both agree on that.

1. Is this an actual system hack? Ie: full kernal access (We've hacked the 3DS is kind of broad term)

2. You've more than likely been asked "WHEN?!" a billion times. What is holding you back from revealing this information, or at the very least setting it up for use on the website?

Bonus Question: Why is Hozu an asshole?

Data viewing is the best thing since the fall of Instacheck. People are excited. Plain and simple. So, why announce something you don't intend to release all the while banning every single user that even mentions the words "6th Gen" in the shoutbox?

This topic needs it's own forum.

Reactions: Hozu

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's interesting. It's the same thing I've seen everywhere since the announcement, but interesting none-the-less.

I have two questions for you:

It's been implied that the 3DS is hacked, I could quote the announcement itself on pokecheck.org, but I think we can both agree on that.

1. Is this an actual system hack? Ie: full kernal access (We've hacked the 3DS is kind of broad term)

2. You've more than likely been asked "WHEN?!" a billion times. What is holding you back from revealing this information, or at the very least setting it up for use on the website?

Bonus Question: Why is Hozu an asshole?

Data viewing is the best thing since the fall of Instacheck. People are excited. Plain and simple. So, why announce something you don't intend to release all the while banning every single user that even mentions the words "6th Gen" in the shoutbox?

This topic needs it's own forum.

1: Yes. Going to be kept server side; the hack is allowing reverse engineering to happen.

2: We only release we want to release, and it has to be ready. We initially thought 2 weeks from the announcement; however time to flesh something out (ie write code) can always be underestimated.

The exploit is the same as Gen 5's battle video fetching. We're not giving out the information how we do the exploit, we'll just show the battle video data.

Bonus: Break the site's rules and he'll break your balls. That's just who he is!

Reactions: Queno138

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm