MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty useless unless we can write the modified save file back to the retail cart, or Gateway can load the modified save.

RubenPikachu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pikaedit.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Seems patch 1.2 is up at eStore and is required to connect to Internet, and the patch encrypts all battle and trade packets... so this is a huge problem and now we are back to the beggining since we cannot obtain the pkx data just by capturing the packet

gtaking112

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems patch 1.2 is up at eStore and is required to connect to Internet, and the patch encrypts all battle and trade packets... so this is a huge problem and now we are back to the beggining since we cannot obtain the pkx data just by capturing the packet

Is there any way to do it with 2 3DS's with both games un-updated over a local wifi network?

fierce waffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe. You just have to somehow intercept the data going through both systems.
Is there any way to do it with 2 3DS's with both games un-updated over a local wifi network?
Yes it would be possible. I've played my game cart on a system running 1.0 to another cart on 1.1 and traded fine. So assuming nether system has 1.2, it should work. Also, I wonder if the new update is backwards compatible with trading with 1.1. I imagine so, and that would be unencrypted.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Yes it would be possible. I've played my game cart on a system running 1.0 to another cart on 1.1 and traded fine. So assuming nether system has 1.2, it should work. Also, I wonder if the new update is backwards compatible with trading with 1.1. I imagine so, and that would be unencrypted.

Or it was secured the whole time :tpi:

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad that the IV checker programs can't work, as that really was useful to not get scammed when trading for 5IV pokemon, but I'm glad they patched it. Everyone getting shinies left and right with shiny ID checkers and people winning (unofficial) tournaments with battle checkers. <3

Until pokebank. .-.

popeel1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, i can confirm that for x and y, you need update to use online features. I think I'm going to stay at version 1.0 for now.

Zarde_Draco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How about of a Free Fake Cloud Service? Here's How It Works: There's an Online Program where you change your 3DS' DNS Number provided by the site's app (Like Pokécheck does) and after depositing the Pokémon in the GTS (which is impossible because it's encrypted but who knows one day somebody will decrypt it...) it vanishes from the game and gives an error screen in the 3DS Saying Communication error, and then... TADA! Your Pokémon is stored in the PC and you can also download a pkx File and edit it... And about transferring back open pkx file and send to game selects open GTS and TADA! Your Pokémon returns updated! You could clone with this too! That would be everyone's Dream but because of Patch 1.2 Is Really impossible to go through but you'll never know... So are you all with me? (BTW, this would be almost the Future of Pokecheck for Gen VI, Am i right?)

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How about of a Free Fake Cloud Service? Here's How It Works: There's an Online Program where you change your 3DS' DNS Number provided by the site's app (Like Pokécheck does) and after depositing the Pokémon in the GTS (which is impossible because it's encrypted but who knows one day somebody will decrypt it...) it vanishes from the game and gives an error screen in the 3DS Saying Communication error, and then... TADA! Your Pokémon is stored in the PC and you can also download a pkx File and edit it... And about transferring back open pkx file and send to game selects open GTS and TADA! Your Pokémon returns updated! You could clone with this too! That would be everyone's Dream but because of Patch 1.2 Is Really impossible to go through but you'll never know... So are you all with me? (BTW, this would be almost the Future of Pokecheck for Gen VI, Am i right?)

So basically Pokecheck VI?

popeel1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i don't think this was posted here but is still interesting nevertheless. Pokemon x and y cloning glitch.

Zarde_Draco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does not work for me

Edit: Did an IR Trade With The Trashy Pokémon possessed 3DS As the Leader, and after the trade screen, Turned off the opposing 3ds sending the Cloning Pokémon after 4 seconds and it worked. Got a Spritzee and a Yveltal on My X by doing this!

popeel1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone clone me a chairzardnite x mega stone plz and give me one out of the goodness from their heart?

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so I am clear, the carts aren't actually updated, right? It's just an update file on your SD card? So presumably one could update, enjoy the online features, and then just delete the update. No? ***speaking only about the games on cartirdige, not the eStore downloads***

I can send you one. Shoot me a PM with your info. I will get you mine when I get back home/

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so I am clear, the carts aren't actually updated, right? It's just an update file on your SD card? So presumably one could update, enjoy the online features, and then just delete the update. No? ***speaking only about the games on cartirdige, not the eStore downloads***

I can send you one. Shoot me a PM with your info. I will get you mine when I get back home/
Yup, it can be deleted just like an app, from the data settings. I dont see the point in reverting though, local communication cant be intercepted ...

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was asking more for potential future patches, etc. Don't want to get stuck with patching out an exploit I still plan to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: